Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys. So, I've been using Khas'es Light Script for my Ayumi: Enhanced Edition. In an update I did lately, I wanted to increase the range of the default light effect, so I simply expanded the graphic using paint.net (see 1st image)

Now it works great, but when transitioning to a "tighter" space, the game crashes (see 2nd image)
For the record, the code mentioned in the crash is this one, but I don't think it changes much:
Code:
    for y in (sy-range).to_i..@y1
      init = shadow_ix(y)
      bitmap.clear_rect(init-phx,y-phy,shadow_fx(y)-init+1,1)
    end
  end

I do not think it matters, since in more open areas it works fine, but I have terrain-tagged the tilesets as Khas instructs, in order for surfaces to bounce off light (see 3rd image)

Do you guys have any idea how to fix this besides shrinking the torch size?
(ftr, just in case it matters, that's the command for the torch:
Code:
l = $game_map.lantern
l.change_owner($game_player)
l.set_graphic("torch")
l.set_opacity(255,0)
l.show
)

Attachments

• torch.png
    torch.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 7

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Admin close thread. I've found a solution after all.

For those who might face a similar problem, the issue (somehow) was that a jump event took place between the map transfers. I am not certain how that is related to anything, but it's true.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
trying to change my picture & got screwed up...
I've been busy working on my next music pack, and I've also been busy composing some personal compositions. Depending on the type of mood and setting, sometimes I just really love the sound of music created in lofi mono. It has its charm.
Haven't used this website in so long, hope everyone here have a good day! Lately I've been crafting a dnd world, so I haven't got the time to use RPG maker sadly enough.
New MZ Update! Subfolders for Assets, Search in Plugin Help, Map Layer Buttons | RPG Maker News #78

A little WIP I decided to drop for something coming in 10-12 hours!
9.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GlacierStangs