Khas Light Script - Not Enough Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys. So, I've been using Khas'es Light Script for my Ayumi: Enhanced Edition. In an update I did lately, I wanted to increase the range of the default light effect, so I simply expanded the graphic using paint.net (see 1st image)

Now it works great, but when transitioning to a "tighter" space, the game crashes (see 2nd image)
For the record, the code mentioned in the crash is this one, but I don't think it changes much:
Code:
    for y in (sy-range).to_i..@y1
      init = shadow_ix(y)
      bitmap.clear_rect(init-phx,y-phy,shadow_fx(y)-init+1,1)
    end
  end

I do not think it matters, since in more open areas it works fine, but I have terrain-tagged the tilesets as Khas instructs, in order for surfaces to bounce off light (see 3rd image)

Do you guys have any idea how to fix this besides shrinking the torch size?
(ftr, just in case it matters, that's the command for the torch:
Code:
l = $game_map.lantern
l.change_owner($game_player)
l.set_graphic("torch")
l.set_opacity(255,0)
l.show
)

Attachments

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Admin close thread. I've found a solution after all.

For those who might face a similar problem, the issue (somehow) was that a jump event took place between the map transfers. I am not certain how that is related to anything, but it's true.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!
Inside you are two wolves. They take in oxygen while getting rid of the Co2 gas in your body...
Ah wait, sorry. Lungs. Not wolves. that'd be silly. Wolves are huge. You probably couldnt even fit one wolf inside you.
Tag: hack and slash | gameplay: point and click. Me: "How tf two are related to each other?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DysonY