RMMV KI(N)DS - An extraterrestrial RPG.

FKAexe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

KI(N)DS Is an indie RPG that focuses on comedy, weird enemies, a rare set of characters, and a bunch of strangely independent frogs.
-----------------
Marcus and his bookworm pseudo-friend Damon embark on an adventure to find Marcus' young brother Al, who has been kidnapped by aliens, forming a true bond and meeting people of all kinds, that will make help them discover themseleves and the part they take in this world.
The story is full of quirky characters and enemies that parodies the stereotypes our society, or you know, they are just weird and funny.

Too relatable.

Ahem... It's simple, front-view battles with some modifications and not really much tweaking in the basic RPG Maker MV movement, this was done in sake of pure simplicity (it's kinda like the aesthetic I want to achieve) , but I hope it still brings you joy to play the game this way!

I've been working on it (alone) for like a year, just not in daily basis.
I think it will be ready by November/December. However you can expect next year as college takes basically my whole time...
Almost everything is over halfways
Music -65%
Story - 70%
Sprites/Graphics - 60%
Not really focusing on scripting but I'll be learning Java in this semester so we'll see!
All I need help is with advertising so spread this game out there like butter kids!

So yeah... This is KI(N)DS, it is my first game so i'm not expecting too much of it, I don't even know if i'm going to release it for free or not... however when I have a good demo ready I'm gonna throw it really quick!

Last edited:

slimeborgi

Extra!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like the over-world style. Look forward to the progress on this.

LeoHeart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Everything about this is pretty cool, the music drove me absolutely insane though, I had to mute the video. I like your additions to the DLC tileset, I think you're doing a great job in the art and design department.

FKAexe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everything about this is pretty cool, the music drove me absolutely insane though, I had to mute the video. I like your additions to the DLC tileset, I think you're doing a great job in the art and design department.
I totally agree with you! This was a really bad choice of the music I made for the trailer, I made other piece that would be better, though.

FKAexe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
D E M O T I M E!!!
Hey, I got the first Demo for the game!
I will release other demos but however they wont show anything more about the story that what this demo shows.
''Whats in the demo?'' you may ask, well...
  • 2-3 Hours of gameplay.
  • 16 different enemies to fight, some of them has their own dialogue.
  • 3 Side Quests.
  • An alien obsessed with noodles.
  • A weaboo golem
  • G R A S S
  • A lot of interaction with the objects that surround you.
  • More (???)
Download Link (MEGA)
KI(N)DS Demo 1.0.0 : https://mega.nz/#!q9hUSLqC!Kzu-tb4IIka9TCjj4TOuIdFippRllSLNUrgWCLHDKEo

Please if you like the game, you can donate here, my goal is release this in Steam Greenlight (Ot whatever they're doing next)

slimeborgi

Extra!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll test this out tomorrow or later tonight.

pinktea

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I actually enjoyed the music in the trailer, reminds me of Earthbound.

FKAexe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More than a year after the first post I have more news regarding the game.
RELEASE DATE:
I will release the game in chapter form, with the first chapter coming in January 14, 2019 (My 19th birthday).
There will be only two chapters.
I use the itch.io platform.
PLOT:
The plot will remain the same, scenes have been changed in order to appeal to one specific part of the plot and be a lot more entertaining, the story of the game is pretty linear and the first chapter will feature only one ending.
ENEMIES:
The 50 enemies number in the trailer will be cut down, this in order to make every battle more appealing aesthetically and the interaction with the enemies more compelling.
SPRITES AND ART:
I am primairly an artist so much of the sprites and enemies pictures have been changed to satisfy the retro aesthetic of the game.
MUSIC:
Since the beginning, much of the sound effects and music has been made by myself using the FL Studio software, however to focus on other aspects of the game, I asked one of my dearest friends to compose music for specific scenes in order to give an organic feeling to it.
My SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/fkaexe
DEMO:
I will not release another public demo, however if you are into beta testing the game please feel free to write a message to me.

This first chapter of the game is the product of more than three years of up and downs in my life, so I hope that the responses you have to the final release help me through the making of the next one.
Screenshots:

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(
Ami
tethering is my lifesaver,especially when computer or laptop doesn't support internet connection.
convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.
Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravichah