*kicks the forum's door down* HEWWO?

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by ufomonster, Jun 18, 2019.

1. ufomonster

ufomonster THAT kid Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    idk how active this place is but i'd love to talk to other creators so! hi i'm kac! i like to think my current icon is a nice big flashing warning sign that yea, i'm new to this

i've had rpg maker vx ace forever and never used it, but i played around with it the other day and instantly fell in love with it! since then i've been using it nonstop! it's so fun and i'm really enjoying making graphics and watching the little games i make come to life :kaoluv: right now i have 4 characters i'm considering making games for: a small town girl who talks to ghosts, a city boy with fire powers, a northern boy who can talk to animals and a psychic social media influencer, lol. my main inspirations are earthbound, lisa, a whole lot of rpg maker horror games (where my dreaming mary fans at??) and all the early 00's ds games nobody played except me :kaoswt2:

right now i'm just getting the gist of programming without scripts! the script editor fills me with fear. i have no experience with code other than the html i picked up coding my neopets userpages back in the day so you'll probably see me here asking for help fixing bugs, trying to figure out how to do more advanced stuff, borrowing tilesets (with credit of course!) and maybe posting my own! :kaopride:

i love to chit chat! i'm not always on forums but i usually reply as soon as i see things, so feel free to message me :kaohi: i never know what to say on intro posts so here's an ice breaker: what inspired you to pick up rpg maker? for me it was right after i finished lisa: the joyful! i started playing earthbound too and decided i wanted to make a game just like them both :kaoblush:

Hyouryuu-Na and JtheDuelist like this.
  2. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Welcome, and enjoy the stay! Also, VX Ace uses Ruby (RGSS3) if you ever want to look into learning.

ufomonster likes this.
  3. Hyouryuu-Na

Hyouryuu-Na Poker-faced creepy girl Veteran

First Language:
    Bangla
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey there Kac! Welcome to the forums~ It's nice to see such an energetic person around. Hope you enjoy it here and nake lots of successful games ^^

My name's Hyouryuu-Na as you can see but it sort of s*cks but now I can't change it *sniff* I've had rpgmaker VX Ace before when I was 13 :) Didn't use it much. I was an idiot and didn't understand the switch and variable things. I practised eventing with it though. Then I got MV in 2017. I fell in love. MV became my life and reason to exist <3 (Yea I sort of have depression but it's not serious.. just a little disturbing *sigh*)
    I've tried to work on many many games till then. First project was aboit a girl who gets trapped in a scary mansion. Then there was this one about a group of kids in an orphanage... and creepy woods and creepy dolls. They all ended up trashy. Now I'm working on a horrir game (yet again) but tge progress is nice.

I used to play Mad father, Ib, Paranoiac, The witches house, mermaid swamp etc. Games as a kid. They were everything to me. They encouraged me to make games. So I got wolf rpg editor... it's free though so I just got it without thinking. The translation was not good and the community was tiny. Nobody to help me when I was in a mess. So I switched to rpgmaker.

As you're starting new, lemme give you some advice as a fellow gamedev who cares about you.
    Don't dream too big right now. Start small. Make a game with 1 to 5 maps first. You'll learn as you go. Focus on the game, not the graphics. Don't focus too much on making it pretty right now. Starting up is harder than starting over. Once you release a game, no matter how tiny it is, you'll know how to plan stuff how to keep the flow going.

Well that's it! Stay well and good luck!!! ^^

Trace and ufomonster like this.
  4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    *Sends you a bill for breaking our door*

In all seriousness now, welcome. The post in my signature has the tutorials for ACE and I'd suggest working through those before going too far. Otherwise you'll do what I did when I started and restart like 6 times in 8 months due to what you learned and needing to improve things.

ufomonster and Hyouryuu-Na like this.
  5. ufomonster

ufomonster THAT kid Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    wow omg so nice to meet everybody!!!!! :kaohi: what a warm welcome :kaoblush:

thank u!!! i definitely am, thank u for pointing me in the right direction! i've always been intimidated by coding but now that i have a tool like this i'm ready to take on EVERYTHING :kaopride: (ok maybe not everything but SOME THINGS)

this is advice i definitely need to listen to :kaocry:i've already made some things with the default stuff but my settings are all more modern... so i end up getting totally sidetracked instead of focusing on the game itself!!!!! i have a reputation for biting off more than i can chew haha
    also OMG!!! i haven't played any of those games in such a long time!!!! mostly i just watched cry/manlybadasshero play them because i was like 12 and a little chicken but omg the memories!!! :kaoluv:

:kaolivid: I WILL PAY NO BILLS!!! unless you accept cool rocks as currency in which case i can afford them so it's fine
    thank u for the link! those will definitely be super useful! i've already watched most of a video tutorial series but i can already tell that post is way more in depth and better for a beginner like me :kaoswt2:

again thank u all for the greetings and advice!!! so excited to create with u all! :kaojoy:

6. Marsigne

Marsigne Sephiroth Veteran

First Language:
    Other
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Welcome!

ufomonster likes this.