Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
threadlogo.png
A puzzle game created with RPG Maker MV.

INTRODUCTION
I am extremely happy to have reached a point in my project where I feel this game is ready to be shared, and well, here we are! While working on and off on my other "sleeping" project, many game ideas popped into my head - what started as a simple proof of concept soon evolved into a fully completed level, which turned into multiple levels, into minigames, into this!

In Kid Crescent, you play the role of Olivia, a young orphan living in Crescent Village. Nestled between an ocean, a mountain, a forest, and the grasslands, the people of Crescent Village have grown accustomed to living with nature, and have befriended many of the creatures that live around it's borders.

But something is amiss - news has spread that King Slime, the ruler of the Grasslands, has closed down the roads leading to and from the village. What has caused his sudden change of heart? Olivia finds herself caught up within the turmoil in the Grasslands, and soon begins to realize that the mystery reaches much deeper.

Join Olivia as she embarks on a quest to save both the monsters, and the citizens of Crescent Village, and uncover the truth behind the strange occurrences.

CURRENT FEATURES

-30 playable puzzle levels, split into 2 stages
-2 Minigames (one completed, one WIP)
-House Customization (Basic Items)
-Context menu depending on your location (house, town, level)
-More features coming soon!

SCREENSHOTS

Crescent Village.PNG
Exploring the beautiful Crescent Village.

Grassland Screenshot.PNG
Watch your step, the Grasslands are busy this time of year!

Beach Screenshot.PNG
Surfs up on Half-Moon Island!

Forest Screenshot.PNG
Solve puzzles in the dense Waning Woods!

Cave Screenshot.PNG
Explore the depths of the Crescent Caves.

Snail Racing.PNG
Who could forget the time honored tradition of snail racing?

Change the look for your room!

DOWNLOAD [Windows]
Before you download, please note that this is the early gameplay build of Kid Crescent (version 0.0.1). As such, there are many features that have not yet been implemented (such as dialogue, town exploration, and story) and likely many bugs and errors to uncover. For those who would like to take this game for a spin, you can find the download in the spoiler below:

-Version: ALPHA 0.0.1-
Download for Windows

CREDITS

Jason Perry / Finalbossblues
Patrick de Arteaga
Yanfly
Mjshi
Modern Algebra
Astfgl
Galv
Mr. Trivel
Waynee95
Himeworks
Terrax
Hikitsune-Red
Huddell
All the Global Moderators for making this Forum friendly and fun!
You, for taking the time to read my thread!

SUPPORT
If you want to support Kid Crescent, nothing helps more than marketing! Throw this banner in your signature if you want to help spread the word about this puzzle game!

Attachments

Last edited:

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello friends, I hope you are all staying safe and healthy during this time. Speaking of healthy, Kid Crescent is growing more and more each week! I can't wait to share all of the new furniture items, stages, and puzzles with you all!

I would love to hear from the community on the current direction of this project, as such, version 0.0.1 is available for download on Windows now! Thanks for your time friends!

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently unavailable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the colourful look of this game <3

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it looks like the nice graphic of pokemon in grey, but more colorfull or like minish cap from zelda.
Im going to test it out (I dont report bugs though while you mentioned it on your own :)

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! Feel free to report any bugs you find! Thanks my friend!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I play the demo, and its nice, teh builder dash = a bit to easy,
if you stick in the corner and move, so my suggestion:

1) make 3 spots where you can stay save (randomly)
2) when it go faster, make 2 spots,
3) when fastest, make 1 spot at random

further its nice.

the snail race, no idea what to tell, but I can win with the blue ne constantly, idk why
but the same is true for the color you choose, I dont know the mechanic behind it.

as for the grassland stages, the axe have 3 slashes, but the counter is nowhere to
to be found, only the icon, not the number, see if you can place it next to it [icon] [amount].

the first 3 stages are nicely and simply, but the other stages beyond it, you walk over it
before and than take action, like when you obtain the axe, you walk on the bush, than slash it.

I didn't do the other 15 stages at this point, but the game is looking nice further otherwise.
maybe a bit to simple, some might be to many axe slashes, (over 6) while 4 is needed,
so you might if you can fix the amount of slashes to a lower number needed or reach the next
chest, like the axe later has only 1 and other 2, the next one 4 for the next chest etc.

lastly, not to hard, nice upgoing difficulty, really relax game for this very early demo.

BENI_MARU

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Love the colorful palette! The project looks very cozy and fun. Gonna give it a try as soon as I find time :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The more I look at the QPlugins... The more I am amazed at what they can do. Which I'm not going to lie is pretty awkward, because I already consider them far and away the best plugins MV has to offer. :kaoback:
spending a week trying to figure out what was wrong with my font has me DED
504 threads to go upon the time of this post until the forum reaches 100k threads. Thread Dead Redemption. Thready Van Halen. Thread Zeppelin. Doesn't have to be a band or a game
Random thought: Looks like putting in effort in learning a language is like a taboo for most people. :kaoswt2:
Not sure about RPG Maker MZ ; We see a lot of things, but they could have enhanced a lot of things in MV first... We're at the era of updates nowadays, not new products over and over and over :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whiteley08