Kid sprite problems

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Once again sorry to have to ask for help.

The game I am making invoked an evil aunt who abused her niece before she is helped by the main cast.

And I am having a adult cupal that are adults who broke up get back together.

Does having those elements as apart of my game mean I am not allowed to use the child generator parts

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm unclear why you don't think you could use a child sprite just because those elements you mentioned are part of the story. I think the only issue would be if you actually showed child abuse/child neglect because there are international laws that say you cannot show those types of things maybe? I'm not sure.

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I just don't know is my problem

I have zero issues with that. For me personally I don't know if my game has any form a char being beaten who is 18. Would that be. Considered brutal violence

Or like I said to people getting back together would that be considered. Adult content.

And if my game has any form of that would that mean I broke the terms even if it did not happen to a child character sprite.

Or does using this rpg pack mean I cannot do it at all with any character in the game.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know, the only thing I can find with a Google search is the AACAP sites that talk about restricting sales to minors based on ratings given to games.

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sigh I am just not sure and that is my problem I want to include kid characters in my game but I am not sure if I am allowed now unless I make it a game with 0 violence and I just don't know what I can do.

Thank you for trying to help me

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only game I can think of, because I've been replaying it, that has kids in the group getting hit by bad guys and beat on by monsters/enemies is Lost Odyssey. It's rated Teen. I'm not sure if that's the same thing as you're describing, but they are clearly child characters participating in the battles.

Elissiaro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All those things sound like they should be fine imo.

Iirc adult content is... Intercourse. So couple stuff should be fine as long as it's limited to kissing. And fade to black after some bedroom eyes and "let's go to bed early today" is probably also fine. As long as it's not the child sprites doing it, of course.

And brutal violence is pretty hard to show with sprites. So unless you have a ton of blood, or like, an face image covered in blood and bruises you should be fine i think.

I'm not a legal expert or anything though.

Also I skimmed through the EULA that comes with the dlc on steam real quick, and I can't find anything that bans you from using it with violent or adult stuff.

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you both of you that is a high help for me X3.

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Iirc adult content is... Intercourse. So couple stuff should be fine as long as it's limited to kissing. And fade to black after some bedroom eyes and "let's go to bed early today" is probably also fine. As long as it's not the child sprites doing it, of course.

And brutal violence is pretty hard to show with sprites. So unless you have a ton of blood, or like, an face image covered in blood and bruises you should be fine i think.
Why would violence be ok in general if intercourse isn't? People consider both pretty awful things.

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I just need conflict and the threat if danger for my story is all.
For me personally it won't happen. But I need to make it where the cast could die I. There eyes it there are not very many stakes for battles

Elissiaro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why would violence be ok in general if intercourse isn't? People consider both pretty awful things.
I dunno, that's just how it tends to be in my experience... Like, most games have violence.
Like even games rated E for everyone can have a little "cartoon, fantasy or mild violence" according to the esrb.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use RTP resources (which includes the character generator) in any game made with RPG Maker, regardless of the content.

Once again, if you are using other resources, check the terms of use. Some artists will not allow their resources to be used in adult games, or other specific types of games.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I made a game once, for a contest or something where there was violence towards a child for the backstory, that was seen in a vision. But I had the sprites go into a room and then only had the dialogue about it. There were no problems doing that.

sure look at Disney films, other games and stuff, that kind of thing happens all the tim, but off screen, so I don’t know why you couldn’t do it yourself!

persobally I think the real gray area and a quick factor is in how much you actually show. Implied is always better in my opinion.

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you very much everyone this is a big help for me

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
D
You can use RTP resources (which includes the character generator) in any game made with RPG Maker, regardless of the content.

Once again, if you are using other resources, check the terms of use. Some artists will not allow their resources to be used in adult games, or other specific types of games.
Do dlc I buy count other resources?

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it depends on the DLC, if it's purely DEGICA/Kadokawa, probably not. But if there's nothing specific saying that you can't then you probably can.

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
well, thank you, everyone, for all the help.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If there's an EULA that comes with the pack when you buy it, and it mentions the Violent Content Forbidden restriction, then please copy that EULA paragraph here and maybe I can make a better interpretation.

However, my first instinct is that you're good.

I would tend to think that "Violent Content Forbidden" refers to particularly brutal violence. Heavy blood and gore, onscreen killing that involves torture, or similar. Normal RPG violence is alright, even somewhat dark violence. Domestic violence would probably be OK to depict, as long as you don't depict it in a particularly graphic way, sexualize it (for the audience) in any way, or outright condone the domestic violence through your narrative tone.

Mato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If there's an EULA that comes with the pack when you buy it, and it mentions the Violent Content Forbidden restriction, then please copy that EULA paragraph here and maybe I can make a better interpretation.

However, my first instinct is that you're good.

I would tend to think that "Violent Content Forbidden" refers to particularly brutal violence. Heavy blood and gore, onscreen killing that involves torture, or similar. Normal RPG violence is alright, even somewhat dark violence. Domestic violence would probably be OK to depict, as long as you don't depict it in a particularly graphic way, sexualize it (for the audience) in any way, or outright condone the domestic violence through your narrative tone.

I have looked through this like 500 times now I don't see it I paid for the steam version that mention no such restrictions

IMPORTANT, READ CAREFULLY.

PLEASE READ THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (THE "AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS RESOURCE PACK. IF YOU (THE "USER") DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, PROMPTLY DELETE THE DIGITAL CONTENT FROM YOUR COMPUTER.

1. Copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights of Add-on Series (the "Product") are property of KADOKAWA (the "Creator") and third party allowed by the Creator. The product is published by Degica Co., LTD (the "Publisher").

2. The resources included in the Product (the "Resource Pack") may be used with RPG Maker MV. Alternatively, you may use the Product with any other entry in the RPG Maker series that retains the Company's rights. User can create, distribute, or sell their original game by using the Resource Pack only if they meet all the following conditions:

2.1 You must be a legitimate user of our products. Your product must be registered to you. Registration is automatic at pack purchase via the official store or one of our recognized distributors. In some cases, you may be asked to provide a proof of purchase – such as order number, e-mail, address or receipt. Please keep this information handy.

2.2 You shall use the Product for game-creation and project-specific advertising media only (screenshots, videos).

2.3 Your game must include additional documentation that clearly indicates the use of the Resource Pack and the following copy:

[Copyright](C) KADOKAWA CORPORATION./YOJI OJIMA

2.4 Solely used for the creation of your game, you can edit, process, and modify the materials contained in the Resource Pack. You will not share these edits with others.

2.5 Do not sell, distribute, lease, or transfer the Resource Pack itself (even if the materials were edited, processed, or modified by the User), as a whole or any of its parts.

3. The Publisher will bear no responsibility for any damages to the User's computer caused by misuse of the Product.

4. By using the Product, the User accepts the full terms and takes sole responsibility for use of the Product.

5. The Publisher will bear no responsibility for any issues and disputes between third parties, regardless of the content, that occur as a result of the creation, distribution, and release of the User's game by using the Product.

------------------------------------------------------------ Pack Creator: KADOKAWA

Publisher Degica Co., LTD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There's another Humble Bundle available now for RPG developer assets, this time focused somewhat more towards pixel art style games.
Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Narvzilla