Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Vlue's Basic Quest System Addon: Kill Quests
(Vlue's Basic Quest System + After Battle Events edit)
Vlue's Basic Quest System is OK for use in both commercial and noncommercial projects, just credit him.

Introduction

So, you have your Basic Quest System... but one thing is still missing: Kill quests, and ones that don't autoincrement the objective if the player runs away from the mob and/or gets killed by it. You see Vlue's After Battle Events, and think that maybe you could use that... but using that requires you to reset the victory/escape/abort/death switches to false after every battle, which is way too much work. And so, this After Battle Events edit comes in!

This edit automatically turns off the aforementioned switches after each battle, leaving you free to process any objective changes that you wish.

Alternatively, you can use this as an after-battle statistics counter that counts how many of Mob X the player has killed.

Features

Modifies Vlue's After Battle Events to automatically turn off victory/escape/abort/death switches after each battle.

Vlue's After Battle Events (direct link)

Intended for use with Vlue's Basic Quest System

Screens
None.

How to Use
Installation: Paste this script above Main and below After Battle Events.

Setting up the troop event page for Kill Quests (requires Basic Quest System script):

Quest System:

Screenshot_1.png

Kill Counter:

Screenshot_2.png

Demo

Not needed~

Scripts

The Addon:

Required: Vlue's After Battle Events (direct link)

Recommended: Vlue's Basic Quest System

FAQ
Q: I don't know how to install the script >.<
A: Open scripts, click on the empty slot above Main, press Insert. Then read the How to Use section again.

Q: I have a question about how to use the script?
A: Check the original script threads.

Q: I want to do something with this but am not sure how to do it?
A: Ask away.

Credit and Thanks
mjshi
Vlue

Author's Notes
Nothing too important.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nbayoungboy