Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Killer Gin Updated!

Killer Gin STEAM V16 (Competition Version)

- Streamline Update!
- Removed Hunger and Sleep penalties from game.
- Removed unnecessary game clutter.
- Updated Scenes with Voice acting and art.
- Small Game Performance boost.

PS: You could still win $100 (and much more)! The Infinity Dungeon Competition lasts until April 20th!

Full Contest Faq: https://steamcommunity.com/games/1164480/partnerevents/view/1808698483584725400

Attachments

• SMALL Infinity Dungeon.png
    SMALL Infinity Dungeon.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Killer Gin Updated!

Killer Gin STEAM V17 (Competition) (0.8.1a) (4/6/20)

- Fixed game crash due to image encryption
in certain Boss battles.

PS: You could still win $100 (and much more)!
The Infinity Dungeon Competition lasts until April 20th!

#killergin #Indiegame #rpg #voiceacting #steam #manga #anime

EuphemiaArtoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I wanted to take a look at this and gave the demo a shot to give a little feedback.

It's clear that a huge amount of time and effort went into this from the general depth and complexity of the different systems, the amount of graphical assets and the voice acting. I'm not sure whether this is a big group effort or not, but either or not, all the hard work really shows! The voice acting in particular really sets it apart from other RMMV projects.

I do have a couple of critiques based on what I saw. I didn't play terribly far, but these two things struck me as off;

One: Shinata's "Caramel Skin". Now, disclaimer: I am white, not a person of colour, and I am not an expert. However, I have seen a lot of discourse around the tendency to describe the skin tone of POC by reference to food, Caramel, Chocolate, Coffee, etc. and there is a little baggage around it. I'm not going to go deep on it, if you're interested you should be able to find discussion by googling "describe people of colours' skin as food", suffice it to say a lot of people have had thoughts about it and I, personally, would stray away from this language.

In addition to that, Shinata's skin does not appear to be caramel coloured in the game's artwork.

Two: the character of Gordo feels intensely fatphobic. It seems that no line of text about Gordo can pass without referring to the fact that he's fat, and this is disgusting. It's incredibly mean spirited. Gordo's behaviour towards Shinata *is* gross - he ignores her signals and pushes boundaries - but because his weight is really focused on, it feels as if the script thinks his behaviour is gross because he is fat. It is not. I closed the demo at the point wherein Gordo tried to sniff Shinata's hair, because it just felt too gross.

I feel a little bad offering this critique since, first, neither of these are really gameplay issues, and second, they're both voice acted, so they're difficult to change without a lot of effort or sacrificing someone's performance. I would prefer to comment on the game's systems and mechanics- of which there are plenty! - but these aspects of the game's content, the second one especially, really dominated my experience with the demo, mentally.

Sorry to be a bit negative! I do think this looks like a very expansive game with a lot of depth to it and it looks like it's already enjoying deserved popularity. I hope it continues to improve!

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey,

Thanks for the Feedback! Always appreciated.

For now I definitely added the ability to 'Disable Foul Language' in the game. This totally eliminates all the complaints stated above. However, because this is an issue with a small number of people, I may opt to totally eliminate the above mentioned dialogue from the game. Perhaps I can make it an unlockable cheat to unlock the "mean" original voice acting lol yeah totally eliminating it from the script is .... man.... lol

Anyways, there is going to be a massive update to the game lighting system in a week, when that is complete, the next update will have the new original lighting complete with new game dialogue.

KG is replacing the lighting plugin with a 100% original lighting plugin!

As a matter of fact, Im going to have the Voice actors record some new dialogue to replace the old ones right now! That is how serious I am.

Thank you, you have effectively helped change my mind.

Hi! I wanted to take a look at this and gave the demo a shot to give a little feedback.

It's clear that a huge amount of time and effort went into this from the general depth and complexity of the different systems, the amount of graphical assets and the voice acting. I'm not sure whether this is a big group effort or not, but either or not, all the hard work really shows! The voice acting in particular really sets it apart from other RMMV projects.

I do have a couple of critiques based on what I saw. I didn't play terribly far, but these two things struck me as off;

One: Shinata's "Caramel Skin". Now, disclaimer: I am white, not a person of colour, and I am not an expert. However, I have seen a lot of discourse around the tendency to describe the skin tone of POC by reference to food, Caramel, Chocolate, Coffee, etc. and there is a little baggage around it. I'm not going to go deep on it, if you're interested you should be able to find discussion by googling "describe people of colours' skin as food", suffice it to say a lot of people have had thoughts about it and I, personally, would stray away from this language.

In addition to that, Shinata's skin does not appear to be caramel coloured in the game's artwork.

Two: the character of Gordo feels intensely fatphobic. It seems that no line of text about Gordo can pass without referring to the fact that he's fat, and this is disgusting. It's incredibly mean spirited. Gordo's behaviour towards Shinata *is* gross - he ignores her signals and pushes boundaries - but because his weight is really focused on, it feels as if the script thinks his behaviour is gross because he is fat. It is not. I closed the demo at the point wherein Gordo tried to sniff Shinata's hair, because it just felt too gross.

I feel a little bad offering this critique since, first, neither of these are really gameplay issues, and second, they're both voice acted, so they're difficult to change without a lot of effort or sacrificing someone's performance. I would prefer to comment on the game's systems and mechanics- of which there are plenty! - but these aspects of the game's content, the second one especially, really dominated my experience with the demo, mentally.

Sorry to be a bit negative! I do think this looks like a very expansive game with a lot of depth to it and it looks like it's already enjoying deserved popularity. I hope it continues to improve!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Glad to hear of the change to the lighting plug-in. The one you used is probably why I was getting a whopping 29 FPS on my work computer, as lighting plug-ins are very resource intensive. In fact since you are getting a new plug-in, maybe consider eventing the lighting for big areas, and use a plug-in only for things like the flashlight and such? That would speed up the game immensely unless you go crazy with events.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, lighting plugins are very expensive and I used the "lightest" plugin I could find and it still was surprisingly resource intensive. Yeah, for some reason, the FPS jitter just kept getting worse and worse and it broke the experience for many users. This is unacceptable and therefore, I decided, a brand new lighting plugin must exist!

Therefore a brand new lighting plugin is now in the works, very exciting (KG's special effects and UI are also going to receive a big face lift as well). The lighting plugin will be designed to handle everything I have used the old plugin for, and more.... (of course I put the old lighting plugin to work! lol)

Glad to hear of the change to the lighting plug-in. The one you used is probably why I was getting a whopping 29 FPS on my work computer, as lighting plug-ins are very resource intensive. In fact since you are getting a new plug-in, maybe consider eventing the lighting for big areas, and use a plug-in only for things like the flashlight and such? That would speed up the game immensely unless you go crazy with events.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Check out the new script in progress! ;0)

NEW Killer Gin Shinata Intro!!! (WIP)

(Narrator) She breathed in and savored the rare relaxing moment. The wind slowly rustled her long hair as she sat peacefully enjoying the sun as it warmed her spirit.

Suddenly the faint sound of a giggle and the smell of croissants invaded Shinata’s senses, it could only mean one thing.

(Shinata) Pleeeease, not right now. All I wanted was 10 minutes.

Shinata peered down the hill towards the village.. And her fears were confirmed. Up the hill came the councilman’s son, and Shinata’s biggest fan, Gordo. Nothing could dull the boy’s shamelessly adoring smile and the excitement plastered across his face as he plodded up the hill to see her.

(Shinata) What do you want Gordo? Shinata sighed... the sooner he is done, the sooner she can get back to enjoying a relaxing afternoon in peace.

(Shinata) I swear this better be quick or important.

(Even if Doctor strange checked 14 million+ possible futures, this was no chance… lol (not included!))

(Gordo) I just wanted to see how you’re doing. Wow, you look as good as a cinnamon bun!

Gordo has a weird mixture of hunger and love in his eyes.

(Shinata) Do you want me to throw up? Once again!... I am not a sugary treat, I am not YOUR sugary treat, or princess or sweetheart, or anything that starts with love or ends in cute animals.

(Gordo) You should relax, you seemed stressed out.... Honey bun, I actually came here because I think you would really be interested in what the councilmen are saying.

(Shinata) What do you mean?

Shinata fought the urge to punch Gordo in the gut for referring to her as a sugary treat

(Gordo) All I know is that my dad was saying some weird things today and mumbling about an important meeting... And I know the perfect spot where we could eavesdrop on what they're saying. Hehe.

Shinata was really not in the mood to deal with Gordo today, but curiosity got the best of her, the council has been acting strange lately.

(Shinata)Ok, let’s go.

Gordo is ecstatic!

(Shinata)And wipe the drool off your lips!

(Gordo) Yay! It’s a Date! Come and find me behind council hall!

Gordo jumped in the air, it was a pitiful jump, not even an inch off the ground, but by the Gods, it was the highest he could manage.

(Shinata) It’s NOT a DATE.

Gordo quickly spun on his heels and traipsed back in the direction of the village, with extra pep in his step.

Shinata shook her head but couldn’t help but smile as she watched Gordo stroll back in the direction of the village, chest puffed into the air.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@bgillisp Since you were interested in the new lighting plugin, I thought I would show ya a quick update. Sorry, it was just started, but looking great so far.

100k lights at 120 frames.

Attachments

• unknown (4).png
    unknown (4).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,

Thanks for the Feedback! Always appreciated.

For now I definitely added the ability to 'Disable Foul Language' in the game. This totally eliminates all the complaints stated above. However, because this is an issue with a small number of people, I may opt to totally eliminate the above mentioned dialogue from the game. Perhaps I can make it an unlockable cheat to unlock the "mean" original voice acting lol yeah totally eliminating it from the script is .... man.... lol

Anyways, there is going to be a massive update to the game lighting system in a week, when that is complete, the next update will have the new original lighting complete with new game dialogue.

KG is replacing the lighting plugin with a 100% original lighting plugin!

As a matter of fact, Im going to have the Voice actors record some new dialogue to replace the old ones right now! That is how serious I am.

Thank you, you have effectively helped change my mind.
hi
can you tell what lighting plugin that cause the fps drop
so I can avoid that one
thank you

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
hi
can you tell what lighting plugin that cause the fps drop
so I can avoid that one
thank you

Hello, well, all lighting plugins are expensive, that is the nature of the beast. The computer has to do additional calculations because now it has to deal with providing light. I also push the lighting to the very limit, game mechanism KG revolved around lighting etc 9i can have 40 active lights at one time). I have been using Terrax for a while now and overall its very good (considered one of the best, especially on the lag side of things).

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Anyone interested in the Lighting plugin, now known as the "Big Bang Lighting" plugin, can go here for the details.

Thanks!

Link:

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A Killer Gin MILESTONE Lands! (KG Update)

The intro of the game has been remastered (New lines, new voice acting)!! "Fat Shaming" has been eliminated!

Plus the following:

Killer Gin STEAM V21 (0.8.5) (5/05/20)
- NEW INTRO Voice Acting (Re-write! Love Gordo)
- Game Intro improved
- Infinite dungeon improved (Crazy new mechanics)
- Attachable gems/gem crafting (It’s back!)
- Updated chars/skills/items/enemies/quests/etc.
- Voice acting: 1,300+ recorded lines!!
- And much more!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 5.00.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 5.00.50 AM.png
    461.2 KB · Views: 8

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Killer Gin Update!!

Killer Gin STEAM V23 (0.8.7) (5/12/20)

- The Gin Hunters have arrived!!
- Major Music overhaul!
- Cleaned up the UI a bit!
- Fixed various little glitches (food, gin powers, etc).

(Just a guy turned NPC lol)

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 11.22.44 PM.png

Last edited:

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Killer Gin STEAM V23 (0.8.7B Orcs?!!) (5/20/20)

• Orc slave scene now in game! How scandalous!
  • Added new end-game quests!
  • Infinite Dungeon Discord...
  • Updates all around!
  • (New scripts, you may need to start a new game)

Most notable is the inclusion of the "Orc Scene".

Orcs are a matriarchal society where women rule with an iron fist. I am sure you can only image what is tied to the other end of her chains (decided not to show the pic in case of super sensitive people). In this scene, you will play as one of the males...

More info in the original post on KG media.

Last edited:

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Killer Gin has surpassed 2,000+ followers (on facebook)!

Thank you so much for your continued support!

Very soon the main story line will be complete, the end is in sight!

Once all the art is complete for the game, the KG Manga will begin development. I cannot wait to share scenes from the Manga (this will be much darker and grittier than the game).

Anyways your continued support means the world to me and I am incredibly thankful and appreciative, you rock!

Facebook Link: (Please just DM me if intereted)

#killergin #Indiegame #kickstarter #rpg #voiceacting #steam

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 1.31.28 AM.png

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just wanted to say congratulations to Donovan Claymore for winning the Infinite Dungeon Contest! He surpassed everyone by about 30 levels! He truly got some RPG skills.

Now the STEAM Achievement will be set to 121 levels which his character will challenge all players to beat within the game. This will be included in the next game update!

(Note: This was a singular save file designed to set the record for the infinite dungeon competition. His first play-through of KG is 64 hrs and counting.)

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 9.09.49 PM.png

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A big shout out and congratulations to my bro Eli Harris who just signed with the top Agency Innovative Artists (who represent established talents like Keith David, Garcelle Beauvais, Tatyana Ali, Rosie Perez!)

It's an honor to have you in Killer Gin!

(Eli Harris plays the Narrator and the Titan King in KG)

#killergin #Indiegame #rpg #voiceacting #steam #manga #animeScreen Shot 2020-06-02 at 9.09.15 PM.png

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The Gin hunters are a religious organization who believe that the Gin are the cause of the evil that has befallen the world.

Using special gems the Hunters absorb the power of the Gin and use it to carry out the racial extermination of the Gin.

Killer Gin Updated!

Killer Gin STEAM V24 (0.8.8 A Gin Hunters!) (6/1/20)
  • Added New Gin Hunter Scenes
  • New Infinity Dungeon STEAM achievement added
  • New weather effects/mechanics added
  • Infinity Dungeon updated (Infected buff added to game)
#killergin #Indiegame #kickstarter #rpg #voiceacting #steam

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 1.08.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 1.08.37 PM.png
    676 KB · Views: 1

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Killer Gin Updated!

Killer Gin STEAM V28 (0.9.4 ALMOST DONE!!!) (9/3/20)
(MASSIVE UPDATE!)
  • New Game is required.
  • Brand New Lighting Engine!
  • Welcome the Star Shift Cross Over!
  • Better game performance! (New lighting system)
  • Brand new lighting mechanics!
  • New characters and classes!
  • Updated battlers!
  • More Voice acted scenes!
  • And Much more!

Killer Gin should be finished the the end of the month!

Thank you for being so patient!

~ Freddie

I have more surprises for you!

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 8.51.45 PM.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Remake ---

Hero: Hey,look! Some Artist will Remake us to 3D!
M.Knight: Really? Then i hope they make me so Cool & Handsome
Heroine: I hope they make me Cute & Sexy,too
(6 Months Later,The 3D Model Are Revealed With Unexpected Yet Horrible Model)
Hero: (Spit The Water)
M.Knight: What the Hell?!
Heroine: I'm Dissapointed...
my battle system is REALLY coming together. I can already see strategies between 2 of my party members forming lol. helps that battles are 2 at a time. but the combo of these two is really fun.
@taarna23's status just made me realise I haven't had any scam calls since that guy who hung up on me before he even began reading his script. How quiet it's been ... they were pretty much the only people who ever called!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malissahulme