Killer Gin (Available for PC, Mac, and Linux)

Hyptosis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, Killer Gin! So glad to see this game on here! I hope you guys are doing well! A bunch of great devs for this project, really fun stuff! There is SO MUCH work in this game!

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, Killer Gin! So glad to see this game on here! I hope you guys are doing well! A bunch of great devs for this project, really fun stuff! There is SO MUCH work in this game!
Hey hey! Thanks so much!

Well there is only 1 dev on this project.... me.

I have commissioned some work out to artists, spriters, and 40+ voice actors and a sound tech for the voice work.....

But behind them is just 1 dev putting together his first game.

Thanks so much for the kind words and I am very excited to finally be able to finish my game this month. yay!

Hyptosis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh I thought there was two devs, well anyway, good luck, take care! Keep it up!

Boonty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have any screenshots of the crossover ? I am very curious of it !

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Screen shots of the cross over?! Yes, I do!

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 8.51.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-10 at 11.25.59 PM.png

I will post them in the post. I also created a fun developer diary video and posted it on Youtube.

If you get a chance, check it out, and let me know what you think.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here is a little taste of the "Killer Gin X Star Shift" cross over in Killer Gin.

From beginning to end it is FULLY voice acted (hundreds if lines) down to the small talk when you are exploring the ship and looking through the rooms, etc.

Star Shift is a sci fi RPG on STEAM
Killer Gin is a fantasy RPG on STEAM

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Game: Killer Gin
Release Date: Sunday, October 25th!

The release of Killer Gin is fast approaching! After nearly 5 years of development, Killer Gin is nearly complete and ready for the old school RPG enthusiast to enjoy!

It has been an incredible journey and I would love to thank everyone who made this possible. I always planned my first game to be an Epic Fantasy JRPG and here it is! Admittedly creating an EPIC Fantasy RPG as your first game is never advised (so MUCH WORK!) but it's a game I always wanted to bring into existence and the day is fast approaching.

If you want to learn more about Killer Gin, please visit: http://www.killergin.com/

Have a wonderful day!
Freddie

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Killer Gin FINAL UPDATE!
Killer Gin will Launch Sunday, October 25th!

- 1,000s of new voice acted lines added.
- Updated game difficulty!
- Updated Light Mechanics
- Tons of new items, equipment, etc.
- Updated Homestead
- Updated Fishing Mechanics
- and much More!

New Killer Gin Theme Song:

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welcome to the I finished my game in 5 years club! Wanna pull up a chair as we tell the kiddos how it is done and yell at them Get off My Lawn!

In all seriousness, congrats. I'll try to play it after the final release date if I get some time, though it may be winter break as busy as work is right now.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Welcome to the I finished my game in 5 years club! Wanna pull up a chair as we tell the kiddos how it is done and yell at them Get off My Lawn!

In all seriousness, congrats. I'll try to play it after the final release date if I get some time, though it may be winter break as busy as work is right now.
LOL so your first game took 5 years to complete as well?! I thinkI may be a month short of exactly 5 years.... wait, by the release date, it will have been 5 years and 2 days..... OMG! Time flies when you are making games.

Is that the game? The book of Shadows? My next game is going to be a 1-6 player horror game. Much smaller scope, shouldn't take as long.... I hope lol.

Wait a sec....

Are those kids on my dang LAWN?! AAAHHH!H!!!!!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yep, that's mine in the signature. Working on getting it set up for Steam now as its on other sites instead for now.

And I know the feeling, my next game is a short 5 - 10 hour freeware RPG. I'm hoping I can finish that before 2024.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yep, that's mine in the signature. Working on getting it set up for Steam now as its on other sites instead for now.

And I know the feeling, my next game is a short 5 - 10 hour freeware RPG. I'm hoping I can finish that before 2024.
Ah very nice. I checked it out. Thats awesome. Adding the game to STEAM was awesome. Let me know if you need any help. My game was made with RPG Maker MV. Next game will be MZ and game maker. (Killer Gin is my first game)

Yeah, making 40+ RPGS is a HUGE undertaking. What made mine take so much longer is.... I decided, like a crazy man, to add voice acting to my game..... thousands and thousands of lines professionally voice acted.....

SO. MUCH. WORK. Getting 40+ voice actors, hiring, organizing, sound remastering, getting the files, adding them to game so that can be turned on or off at will...... AHHH!!!

However, now that I have it, I love it, and it adds even more character to the game. lol

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Is it long, epic and fantasy?
That's totally what my community loves! Why not release it there?

PS: Also side-view battles? I just released a game with that and people really enjoyed it! ^^

Last edited:

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it long, epic and fantasy?
That's totally what my community loves! Why not release it there?

PS: Also side-view battles? I just released a game with that and people really enjoyed it! ^^

It absolutely is!Its 40 - 100 hrs long. Release it where exactly? I would love to find such a community.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats on the upcoming release. I remember watching a first impressions video on the game from Drifty.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Congrats on the upcoming release. I remember watching a first impressions video on the game from Drifty.
Thanks, the game has come a long way. I took the extra time to make sure I could deliver everything I promised and then some.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The Final Version of Killer Gin has been Released!!!!

Version 1.0, now available on STEAM!

Thank you soooo much, I could NOT have done it with you! I deeply appreciate everything you have done for me! You have elevated Killer Gin to the next level!

I know there is a bit more business to wrap up, so please DM if you have anything to say/want to be added to the killer gin web site: http://www.killergin.com/

Killer Gin Version 1.0 (First official Finished Release)
Killer Gin STEAM Link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1164480/Killer_Gin/

Killer Gin is an old school 50+ hr Epic Fantasy RPG!

I would greatly appreciate it if you could share Killer Gin with all your fans on your social media platforms.

#killergin #Indiegame #rpg #voiceacting #steam

@bgillisp How would I go about adding Killer Gin to the finished games section?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Usually we have you report the initial post and ask it to be moved, but since I'm here I'll move it to Commercial Games for you (since it is commercial).

And congrats! Now off to make Harold Makes His Bed next right? :)

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome! Thanks! Yes, I would liked to be moved since the game is finally DONE! lol

Imagine?

Nope, next is a 1-6 player horror game. Im very excited. Much smaller scope than a 50+ hr epic fantasy RPG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee
When a youtuber plays your project or game made by you using MAKERs, you will just be awe struck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deli