- Dec 18, 2015
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Killer Gin 1.0!!
Demos Available: PC, MAC, Linux, Browser.
Killer Gin is available on STEAM and Itch.io
Official Facebook Game Page: https://www.facebook.com/TheKillerGin/
Killer Gin Discord: https://discord.gg/egd4Rzv
Killer Gin Website: http://www.killergin.com/
Play Killer Gin Online here
Story: (Quick Spoiler free)
A new race of beings, Gin, have found themselves in the center of conspiracy, intrigue, and war. Civil war between the Imperial Army and the Rederick Army has split the country into two warring factions. A small fishing village located in the middle neutral territory that has yet to feel the affects of the war, this will soon change, and this is where the story begins!
The main characters of the game are Antonio and Shinata, two Gin who are strangers to one another. Antonio fled his village after they discovered he was a Gin to protect the people that he loved. Antonio only wishes to find answers, why does the world hunt and kill Gin? Is there anywhere in the world where Gin can be safe? Shinata has a completely different upbringing than Antonio. She was raised under the watchful eye of her entire village. At the age of 5 Shinata began training to be a warrior. For what? Shinata is not sure, however, that did not stop her father from implementing a rigorous daily training regime. The story begins when their paths cross. Antonio and Shinata are ultimately swept up in a series of events that will change the very texture of reality! Come join them as they learn more about themselves and the world around them.
Killer Gin Game Features (Quick Version):
- Fully realized old school RPG with modern touches
- Homestead mode: Farming/Dating simulator
- VOICE ACTING INCLUDED! (shut off at any time!)
- Full Controller support!
- Custom time system (Day/Night cycle)
- Custom dynamic weather system
- Custom light system (built Nova Lighting MV!!) (MZ version available)
- Custom Particle System (rain, snow, pollen, fog, smoke, embers, etc)
- Sleep & hunger system
- Faction System
- Relationship system
- Skills including perception and persuasion
- Mining, farming, lock picking, cooking etc.
- Random treasure and an infinite dungeon
- Easter eggs everywhere!
- and Much more!
- The game will be commercially available for PC, MAC, Linux
- Professional voice acting with 2,100+ voice acted lines! You can enable and disable voice acting at anytime in options!
- Unprecedented level of freedom and choice to decide the outcome of quests. Play good or evil, help others or leave trails of blood in your wake, you decide!
- Decisions made during the game will be remembered. All decisions affect the story and character relationships. Characters will voice their happiness/anger and will react in many surprising ways.
- Characters have their own strengths and weaknesses. All characters are highly customizable (*especially the one you design yourself)!
Unique Battle System
- The battle system is a blend of traditional and modern battle systems. Mainly CTB, Charge Turn Based battle system, where you utilize strategy in order to control the flow of battle!
- Highly customizable! For example, you may alter the way each character earns SP needed for special attacks which adds further strategy and depth (SP mode changes found under skills menu). And much more!
Unique Leveling System
- The leveling system is a blend of traditional and modern leveling systems. Not only do you get stronger and learn new skills as you level up, you can also customize your character further by choosing which skills to learn. The more thoroughly you explore, the greater the options (unlock additional skills)!
- Character can sense secrets about the current area or about the people around them. Works even during conversation.
- Characters can alter the course of the game and generate unique dialog options, quests, etc. based on persuasion skills (and a little chance).
Lock Picking System
- Characters can pick locks!
- System also has *combination lock and *password systems! Be sure to pay attention to the world around you!
- Players can mine many different ores in the game!
- Characters can (and should) craft weapons, armor, gems, items, necklaces, rings, and trinkets out of the ore that they mine/discover/find at a crafting station.
- The crafting system has randomization and variance built into it.
- Weapons and Armor have durability. They will eventually break. Make sure to check your equipment and use repair hammers when necessary.
Slotted Weapons and Armor
- Find and create gems to place into weapons and armor!
- The game hides items all over the world. So grab your shovel!
- As an ode to the Zelda games, there are weak walls that can be bombed to reveal secrets. Keep an eye out for cracks! Works in conjunction with the perception system.
- Sometimes there is more than treasure hidden in walls. Paths to new quests may also be revealed.
- Yes, you can fish! Works with many other game systems in very interesting ways.
- Characters must make meals (at cooking stations) in order to heal outside of battle (*besides sleeping). Potions are used during battle and cannot be used outside of battle.
- Yes, you can farm and pick veggies!
- Works in conjunction with the cooking system and the *home base system.
Speak to Animals
- Characters can learn to speak to animals… they can reveal some amazing secrets, quests, etc. Or just kill them and eat them. Whatever.
- Characters can also learn to speak to goblins and elves. Not all of them know the common tongue…
- An infinite dungeon that spawns infinite resources and secrets!
- The infinity coins are connected with the Infinity dungeon. Use them to teleport to the dungeon and… much more!
- An integral part of many side quests.
- Has many extremely rare, legendary, and unique items hidden in its depths!
- Lots of other secrets… 42...
- Whats up with the creepy skull statue outside the dungeon anyway?
- Most of the loot in the game is random. Random drops and random spawn. Good luck!
- Encounters aren’t always just random encounters, in many instances, you will see the enemies on the screen.
- You can catch the enemy off guard for a “surprise attack” when they are not looking!
- Upgrade your skills to increase “surprise attack” bonuses!
Killer Gin Dev Diary! -
Features yet to come:
And so much more! but they are secret for now...