RMMV Killer Gin (STEAM Early Access), RPG with Voice acting and a Dating and farming mini-game!)

zephar123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@zephar123

Thanks! I would love to hear what you think about the game, the good and the bad is always welcome. ;0)
Well I spent a little time. Like idea of having to sneak past the guards. Few things I am going suggest to change, but need play a little more first to see rather I get use to it or if yeah might be a suggestion. Works great on Linux BTW =). (as its what I use and found zero issues that way.)

Last edited:

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Go ahead, take your time, I don't mind receiving comprehensive feedback, as a matter of fact I love it!

Play all you like, the game is designed to have tons of secrets and subtle nuances everywhere. Keep in mind homestead is early in development and is considered a mini-game within the game.

Awesome, I do not receive much feedback from Linux users, I am glad that that it works great on Linux.

ptimiya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What I would love to see in this game: assign keys to modes (fertilizing/watering etc) for smoother gameplay. Instead of having select choices upon clicking the button, have multiple buttons for each individual action.
Also, for the tutorial - don't try to put all the information right away. You might like to watch this
Best of luck!

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@ptimiya

Thanks for the suggestions. The next script for the game is an extension of the controller script where this will be addressed.

I also plan to greatly expand the Homestead mini-game to include dates and expanding relationships etc.

Did you try the main RPG? Would love to hear what you like and dislike.

The game has a ton of mechanics and I was trying to get as much information I could in a short amount of time. I will check out the video and take a look at the tutorial again. I tried to make the tutorial as quick and entertaining as possible.

Thanks so much, I will continue to work hard to make the game better every time. ;0)

zephar123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are their any changes you have planned to the way combat works? Planning on writing something up, but figure I should ask first to see how it feels with what you have planned.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@zephar123

More and more skills become unlocked as the game progresses (Main RPG). This is especially true with the Gin (unlock the Gin state in the main game?). They start learning how to use their Gin power and will slowly begin to evolve and become more powerful. Their Gin powers are unlocked in Homestead mode because the game is still in development. However with this in mind I plan to continue to evolve the battle system. The game will, start to reveal more of the story and the Gin hunters (Gin hunters utilize Gems that can absorb gin power and they can be used against the Gin.... for now). With that in mind I would love to get great, new ideas and suggestions with the combat.

I always love trading ideas with great minds. ;0)

zephar123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did enough to see way you can gets skills and all. Just combat seems a bit clunky the way you can select what options and that etc. I am having a hard time why I find yours harder to use then some other well made RPGmaker games. I think i need to load one up and mess with it to see the difference.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sure, go ahead, I use the default system, no additional scripts to make it look different or pretty. If there is a plug and play script that can make it easier and less clunky then I wouldn't mind looking into it.

zephar123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, yeah thats it as I do know others use scripts and I am jsut finding I cant click the mouse on what I want right its just not what im use to seeing anymore. I guess many are not using the default.

Now what turns me on to your game despite this is I can see the development of the characters and options are going to go deep. I just think you need some plugins overall on the combat GUI etc to make it more intuitive.

This is basing your planning to sell this game ass overall product with some changes I think would sell well. Hope I don't sound to vague I could make some snapshot examples and that, but I feel from your reply you know what im talking about.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No problem. I do eventually plan to release the game commercially.

I create this game on my spare time, a passion project of sorts. I plan to release it when its good and ready.

Regardless its always great to receive feedback. I would love to add some scripts that would make my battle system much more fluid.

As you continue to play I hope the game starts separating itself from the others in meaningful ways though of course its still very rough around the edges. I still have a ton of content to add. Though the game may be well over 10+ hrs in its current state, I only managed to fit in 5% if the story..... yes this will span multiple games. So I hope the characters and story is good enough to get players invested in the long run.

In the meantime definitely let me know which scripts would help with the battle system. I hope to make all aspects of the game great.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Killer Gin Update 0.9.9 (Championship Edition) (8.17.18)

Homestead 0.2.5

www.killergin.com

• Main Story Extended and new areas unlocked.
  • Activities and dates for 22+ datable characters
  • 122+ New skills and 2 New Character classes.
  • New features like Enemy Book and Item Book
  • Tons of updates and fixes
  • and Much more!

Can’t wait to hear back from you

~Freddie

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I feel like I've seen this before and if I have, I'll say it again! THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME!!!

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks, I keep working on it and I will not stop until its ready. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the updates to the game. ;0)

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Killer Gin Update 0.9.9 (Championship Edition PATCHED) (8.23.18)

Homestead 0.2.5

www.killergin.com

• Added Assassins Creed Dispatch Missions!
  • Added Battle intros for all characters (situational)
  • Fixed a couple bugs, updated a couple things.
  • and much more!

~Freddie

/////////////////////////

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates galore. Would an in game particle system for MV be impressive?

Freank

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
oh, I play it few time ago. it's one of the best MV games on indiexpo. Continue to improve it!

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you so much. Thats the plan! Check out the FB page of this game to be caught up on all the exciting updates.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Killer Gin Update 0.9.9 (Octopath Traveler 1 Edition) (12.13.18)

Homestead 0.2.5

www.killergin.com

• New Battle UI
  • New Battle Weakness UI
  • Allocate stat points to your characters!
  • New Weather Effects! (Version 1)
  • Updated classes, new abilities
  • mages/pets no longer suck!
  • Simplified equip system/updated classes
  • New items, skills, weapons, and more
  • Various fixes and updates

~Freddie

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Killer Gin Update 0.9.9 (Particle System 1 Edition) (12.31.18)

Homestead 0.2.5

www.killergin.com

THIS IS MORE OF A TEST FOR THE NEW PARTICLE SYSTEM, HOW DOES YOUR GPU FARE? (needs to run well even on low end computers and I am a bit worried)

• BRAND NEW UNIQUE PARTICLE SYSTEM! (Light/Fog/etc)
  • Tweaked UI and Battle system
  • Dozens of hours tweaking database
  • Updated classes, new abilities
  • Various fixes and updates

~Freddie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Julian Brooks wrote on Hudell's profile.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Orange Mapshot plugin on Mac, but it isn't working. Could you assist? I'm attempting to do Parallax Mapping. Thanks.
I can't believe my dlc flopped that hard. It's depressing. I'm a fricking failure at being a musician.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azarae