RMMV Killer Gin V 0.6.3 ((STEAM Edition), RPG with Dating and farming!)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by KillerGin, Apr 23, 2016.

1. KillerGin

KillerGin Freddie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Current Demo: 0.6.3 (STEAM Edition)
    Demos Available: PC, MAC, Linux, Browser
    Last Demo uploaded 12/1/19

STEAM Link:

Official Website (PC, Mac, Linux): www.killergin.com

Official Facebook Game Page: https://www.facebook.com/TheKillerGin/

Killer Gin Discord: https://discord.gg/egd4Rzv

Play Killer Gin Online here
    [​IMG]

Story: (Quick Spoiler free)

A new race of beings, Gin, have found themselves in the center of conspiracy, intrigue, and war. Civil war between the Imperial Army and the Rederick Army has split the country into two warring factions. A small fishing village located in the middle neutral territory that has yet to feel the affects of the war, this will soon change, and this is where the story begins!

[​IMG]

The main characters of the game are Antonio and Shinata, two Gin who are strangers to one another. Antonio fled his village after they discovered he was a Gin to protect the people that he loved. Antonio only wishes to find answers, why does the world hunt and kill Gin? Is there anywhere in the world where Gin can be safe? Shinata has a completely different upbringing than Antonio. She was raised under the watchful eye of her entire village. At the age of 5 Shinata began training to be a warrior. For what? Shinata is not sure, however, that did not stop her father from implementing a rigorous daily training regime. The story begins when their paths cross. Antonio and Shinata are ultimately swept up in a series of events that will change the very texture of reality! Come join them as they learn more about themselves and the world around them.

[​IMG]

Game Features:

Killer Gin Game Features (Quick Version):

• Fully realized old school RPG with modern touches
    • Homestead mode: Farming/Dating simulator
    • Custom time system (Day/Night cycle)
    • Custom dynamic weather system
    • Custom light system (built on Terrax light system)
    • Sleep & hunger system
    • Faction System
    • Relationship system
    • Skills including perception and persuasion
    • Mining, farming, lock picking, cooking etc.
    • Random treasure and an infinite dungeon
    • Easter eggs everywhere!
    • and Much more!

Multiplatform Release
    • The game will be commercially available for PC, MAC, Android, and Iphone, mid 2018!
    • Gamepad/mouse/touch screen game
    • Time system
    • (Custom time system, no scripts used!)
    • Time affects game play in many surprising ways: Years, months, days, hours, minutes.
    • Day and Night cycles.
    • Dynamic Weather System
    • (Custom weather system, no scripts used!*)
    • Weather are random and affects game play in many surprising ways
    • Weather effects carry into battle. (*actually, 1 simple script lol)
    • Weather effects, day/night, inside and outside are all taken into consideration.
    • Original Story
    • Story currently being developed as a series of novels. Compliments the novel in many different ways. Those that read the novel will have an edge in the secrets/back story department and vice versa.

Unique Quest System

• Unprecedented level of freedom and choice to decide the outcome of quests. Play good or evil, help others or leave trails of blood in your wake, you decide!
    • Decisions made during the game will be remembered. All decisions affect the story and character relationships. Characters will voice their happiness/anger and will react in many surprising ways.

Unique Characters
    • Characters have their own strengths and weaknesses. All characters are highly customizable (*especially the one you design yourself)!

[​IMG]

Unique Battle System
    • The battle system is a blend of traditional and modern battle systems. Mainly CTB, Charge Turn Based battle system, where you utilize strategy in order to control the flow of battle!
    • Highly customizable! For example, you may alter the way each character earns SP needed for special attacks which adds further strategy and depth (SP mode changes found under skills menu). And much more!

Unique Leveling System
    • The leveling system is a blend of traditional and modern leveling systems. Not only do you get stronger and learn new skills as you level up, you can also customize your character further by choosing which skills to learn. The more thoroughly you explore, the greater the options (unlock additional skills)!

Perception System
    • Character can sense secrets about the current area or about the people around them. Works even during conversation.

Persuasion System
    • Characters can alter the course of the game and generate unique dialog options, quests, etc. based on persuasion skills (and a little chance).

Lock Picking System
    • Characters can pick locks!
    • System also has *combination lock and *password systems! Be sure to pay attention to the world around you!
    Mining System
    • Players can mine many different ores in the game!

Crafting System
    • Characters can (and should) craft weapons, armor, gems, items, necklaces, rings, and trinkets out of the ore that they mine/discover/find at a crafting station.
    • The crafting system has randomization and variance built into it.
    • Weapons and Armor have durability. They will eventually break. Make sure to check your equipment and use repair hammers when necessary.

Slotted Weapons and Armor
    • Find and create gems to place into weapons and armor!

Digging system

• The game hides items all over the world. So grab your shovel!

False walls

• As an ode to the Zelda games, there are weak walls that can be bombed to reveal secrets. Keep an eye out for cracks! Works in conjunction with the perception system.
    • Sometimes there is more than treasure hidden in walls. Paths to new quests may also be revealed.

Fishing System

• Yes, you can fish! Works with many other game systems in very interesting ways.

Cooking System

• Characters must make meals (at cooking stations) in order to heal outside of battle (*besides sleeping). Potions are used during battle and cannot be used outside of battle.

Farming System
    • Yes, you can farm and pick veggies!
    • Works in conjunction with the cooking system and the *home base system.

Speak to Animals
    • Characters can learn to speak to animals… they can reveal some amazing secrets, quests, etc. Or just kill them and eat them. Whatever.
    • Characters can also learn to speak to goblins and elves. Not all of them know the common tongue…

[​IMG]

Infinity Dungeon
    • An infinite dungeon that spawns infinite resources and secrets!
    • The infinity coins are connected with the Infinity dungeon. Use them to teleport to the dungeon and… much more!
    • An integral part of many side quests.
    • Has many extremely rare, legendary, and unique items hidden in its depths!
    • Lots of other secrets… 42...
    • Whats up with the creepy skull statue outside the dungeon anyway?

Random Treasure
    • Most of the loot in the game is random. Random drops and random spawn. Good luck!
    Enemy Encounter Variations
    • Encounters aren’t always just random encounters, in many instances, you will see the enemies on the screen.
    • You can catch the enemy off guard for a “surprise attack” when they are not looking!
    • Upgrade your skills to increase “surprise attack” bonuses!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features yet to come:

And so much more! but they are secret for now...

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

GAME Downloads (PC, MAC, and Linux)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019 at 3:42 PM
    Henryetha, Jayje, XdnaX and 7 others like this.
  2. Shuya

Shuya Gaussian Knight Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Wow, not bad

overall i like your project concept, so lets play your demo :D

anyway good luck for you on steam ;)

KillerGin likes this.
  3. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello Shuya,

Thanks, enjoy the game. I look forward to your feedback!.

4. shushcat

shushcat :( :( :( :( :( Member

First Language:
    English
    I haven't gotten very far into it yet, but I'm enjoying everything so far!  I can already tell it's going to be a very long game :D

KillerGin likes this.
  5. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello Shushcat,

Thanks. I am glad you are enjoying it. I look forward to your feedback.

6. Tanarex

Tanarex Scrub Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
                                                                                                Killer Gin Feedback

A wise man once said,"A game where a player can do anything is a game that focuses on nothing." That being said, time to go off on something completely different.

The game is a bit disturbing. I played hide and seek with a kid and upon finding him he gave me a bomb. Does this kid has a stockpile of explosives somewhere? Then there was a kill chicken option to get meat. OK. People eat chicken all the time.Then kill sheep option. Ok, some people eat sheep. Then kill a dog? I didn't know the game took place in Korea. There also a kill Grandma choice. Just in case you wanna pick up where Dr.Kevorkian left off.  I think there was also a kill kid choice. I stopped playing before it gave me the kill baby option for food. I didn't know I was playing as a serial killer. I'm pretty sure that when Shin saw the infected elf eating the child on the table he got mad at him because he was hogging it. 

While in the town I was able to collect enough food and money to open up a Whole Foods Market. Where is she sticking all this food? Then there is the respawning garden. Where you never have to leave town. Just keep picking veggies,fruits and sell it to buy all the best stuff and live like a Kardashian. I always found it strange that you can walk into people's home/shops, steal everything that's not nailed down and leave. And no one has a problem with that. 

There doesn't actually seem to be a quest log. How are you suppose to become the legendary chicken catching, hide and seek playing, team Jacob or team Glitterface Hero without a quest log?

Also, the fat shaming was pretty cruel. And unfunny. Farting is only funny til the age of five.

Sofinho and KillerGin like this.
  7. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello Tanarex,

The game is going to be a 40 hour game when I am done with it. I want it to be slightly different for each player based on their play style and decisions they make. Lots of skills, equipment, factions, story arcs, side quests, etc.

Its always funny that I only get these type of responses from fellow game developers lol, but I digress.

1) Kid with a bomb... ever play zelda? Thats how bombs are used in my game. All drops are random and thats why you received. lol I do have a joke about the very same topic somewhere in the game. Lets not get carried away lol.

2) Yes, I originally made it so that the player can get acquire meat from anywhere if they needed meat for sustanence (lord of the rings settings, survival of the fittest) sometimes you have to resort to drastic measures. I am going to add that killing a dog for meat is an evil act unless your food shortages are low. yay.

3) Yes, you can fight grandma. There are about 20 jokes (lots of comedy) before you get to this point in the game so I am guessing you realized its a joke and done in a light hearted manner. You will be happy to know that if you beat grandma (she is super tough! She is a hidden boss) the game says that it was all in your head but that would be funny huh? Perhaps this bit of info will help you calm down a bit. lol

4) There was no kill a kid choice. Lets not get carried away here. It was noted that the infected was eating a kid when you stumbled across one but thats it, relax.

5) Shin is an @ss and he is hilarious. Don't worry I will be sure to add some dialogue for Shin that address hyper sensitive individuals, perhaps he can clear out a safe place for you.

6) Nice. I guess I forgot to make all food unsellable. See, even responses like this helps me make the game better. Spending money like a Kardashian?! and here I thought you did not have a sense of humor. 

7) Yes, you can take things from peoples houses. Zelda to Final Fantasy to Skyrim allows it (especially prevalent in 2d games like RPG Maker) its funny to talk how it doesn't relate to real life because its a game, get over it. 

8) The quest log is coming right up! After I am done with making the game look 10x better.

9) Fat shaming?! LOL, Shin is definitely going to have a special message for hyper sensitive millennials. I love writing for Shin, always good times! 

Thanks for your feedback, no matter the bias, perspective, etc. there is always something to learn.

LOL all things can be funny, it's all about delivery. I plan to sharpen that up as well in the coming version. 

The next version will feature much better maps (my tree is god awful, next version its awesome!), adding a quest log, and much MUCH more! Killer Gin is still in its very early stages, I am just getting started! 

8. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Whats on the way for Killer Gin:

1) Game Journal
    2) Massive Story Expansion (New maps, characters, etc)
    3) Easy Save/load
    4) Item Disassemble 
    5) New Enemies
    6) Etc.

Thanks, download and enjoy Killer Gin Today!

9. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Killer Gin version 2.2.2 is here!

Whats new?!

- Game Journal - I cannot stress how important a game journal is! It makes a huge difference! The best feature yet!
    - Gordo! - Gets more love (story wise and skill wise)!
    - Updates - Game updates/fixes range from new skills, quest fixes, more weapons, new maps, etc!
    - New Youtube video - A new Youtube "Lets Play" video coursey of JeffPawa Game on Youtube by next Friday, I can't wait!

Thanks for all support! I look forward to your feedback.

10. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Killer Gin Version 2.2.2 (Revised)

Youtube RPG Lets play video by this Friday (May 20th)!

New Features
    - Game Journal
    - Save/Load interface 

11. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    A new Youtube "Lets Play" video series courtesy of JeffPawa Game has been posted on the Killer Gin Youtube page!

Go check out the videos!

Download Killer Gin today and enjoy!

I look forward to your feedback, thanks!

12. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Killer Gin Android Version is available to download! 

https://killergin.com/downloads/

- In the process of play testing I also updated PC and MAC version 2.2.3(a) as well!

- PC, Mac, and Android versions are all the newest and best version!

Enjoy and thanks for playing!

~Freddie

#killergin #IndieGame #demo #college #professor #STEM #STEAM #PC #MAC #Android #iPhone #Scholarship #videogame #education #computerscience

13. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Killer Gin Update:

- Working on the STEAM Video at the moment. The video is turning out to be a great way to extend the story.

- Killer Gin also has a couple guys playing the game and creating Youtube Videos yay!

14. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Killer Gin Update:

First Version of Killer Gin STEAM Game Trailer Complete! 

Now time for revisions! 

Killer Gin is that much closer to commercial release on STEAM!

15. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Killer Gin 0.3.1 Released!

Whats new?

- Dynamic weather system!
    - Cutscene updates
    - New items!
    - Fixed a few bugs/glitches

Enjoy!

16. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Latest Killer Gin News!

Hey guys!

1) For the last couple days there was a demo of Killer Gin posted that was set up incorrectly. As a result the player started in a cave instead of in the forest (the proper opening cinematic occurs in a forest).This has been fixed. My apologies! Simply download the latest version.

2) Check out the Killer Gin STEAM game trailer version 0.2! It can be found on the STEAM page (and the Youtube page).  Here:

Remember this is a rough draft. I am looking for feedback to help me improve the trailer before Killer Gin's STEAM debut. I look forward to your constructive criticism.

3) Whats new in newest Killer Gin Build?

- Cutscene updates
    - New items!
    - Fixed a few bugs/glitches

Enjoy!

www.killergin.com

17. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Killer Gin Update Version 0.3.1b!

Whats new:

- Alchemy added to the game!

- Improved Gordo!

- New items/skills!

- Fixed a few bugs/glitches!

- Preparation for STEAM Version!

Enjoy!

18. Zero2505

Zero2505 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Great job on the game from what I have played so far. Very interesting plot and great job with the dialog. One problem I had into a few times is the level design passage. Here is a screenshot of one example I found. Another one to keep a lookout for is small plants and cliffs. If you put a small plant at the edge of the cliff and a plant above the cliff, this will cause the player to be able to walk over the cliff due to the small plants both having their passage set to allow.

Keep up the great work!

Bug.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2016
    KillerGin likes this.
  19. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hooooooooly. Gordo is my spirit animal.

Everytime hotline bling started playing I'd crack up.

Leon Kennedy and KillerGin like this.
  20. KillerGin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello Zero,

Thanks for the compliments. I am working hard on the game and sometimes little things like that do slip by. Thanks for pointing it out. I will have it fixed right away. The next version will greatly expand the game. Thanks for playing. 

@Silenity lol, we all love Gordo. Did you manage to have Shin in your party before you speak to Gordo after the council hall cut scene? In the latest version I have made Gordo a much better character... he still struggles though.