RMMV Kindergarten Knight

ye51d

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi! with my girlfriend we decided to do a really short video game, sometimes you got ideas that translate in months of work and hours of gameplay, so we wanted to do a short experience and learn from the process

The Game "Kindergarten Knight"

Gameplay time Approx : 12 Minutes
Rating: Teen
Suggestive Themes- Mild Language
Genre: RPG, Casual

Download from GameJolt

Synopsis

Gabriel is the best knight of the house, i mean...kingdom, he lives with his mother; the peaceful queen that only looks for the peace and prosperity of the world. And his sister the witch, corrupt with envy over the honest knight.

Lately dark forces are menacing to disrupt the peace of the realm. Join him and travel through Gabriel's imagination and discover what lies beneath taking a bath and renegade dragons.

Screenshots

It would mean the world to us to get your feedback and thoughts on the game!

Last edited:

MRHAPPYFACEMAN

Story Writer and Plot Development
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
I cant fathom why a game surrounded with a kindergartners would be rated "teen".... ha ha. Imma try it out though

I tried downloading it, but it didnt let me

ye51d

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I cant fathom why a game surrounded with a kindergartners would be rated "teen".... ha ha. Imma try it out though

I tried downloading it, but it didnt let me
Sometimes Google chrome is a little annoying with .RARs i think, hope is that, just tried it and it works :)

AbyssalDarkness

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To be perfectly honest, the game art style is original to say the least. Quite short.
In all honesty, I didn’t really like where it went, if you where aiming at a “shocker” it worked to some extent. I’m also concerned as to is this, a game, a slice of life or a shout out? Or worst all three of those. Ends on a touchy subject, so I wont really go into details.

Was it well made? Yes.
Did I like it? No not really, just left a bad after taste.

Last edited:

ye51d

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
To be perfectly honest, the game art style is original to say the least. Quite short.
In all honesty, I didn’t really like where it went, if you where aiming at a “shocker” it worked to some extent. I’m also concerned as to is this, a game, a slice of life or a shout out? Or worst all three of those. Ends on a touchy subject, so I wont really go into details.

Was it well made? Yes.
Did I like it? No not really, just left a bad after taste.
First, thank you AbyssalDarkness, for playing the game! I really appreciate it
I know the general theme was a little confusing, but yeah, we were aming to make a "shocker" we were looking to talk about things that sometimes games generally don't go so we decided on that, and to look for ways to use gameplay and talk more in depth, by the way there are two different endings depending on your last choice, and i totally understand if it was distasteful, since the player don't know too much about when playing the game.

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes the game art is definitely unique like AbyssalDarkness said ahah, but it's really cute too. And not bad for a first game.
Keep it up!

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well dayum dude, probably the most off guard a game has ever caught me. Art style is really cute and does a good job of disarming you from the gravity of the actual narrative up until it climaxes...though once it did the couple of subtle hints that you are given beforehand (or moreover the fact that I didn't realize what they were until then) filled me with a deep sense of dread in the pit of my stomach, something no game or horror movie has ever managed to do to me before.

@AbyssalDarkness Frankly I'd be concerned for anyone for whom this didn't leave a bad aftertaste at the very least. Hell after playing it I'm in the mood for cold-blooded murder to be completely honest, it's certainly not something I'd ever be able to look back on fondly but I don't think it's supposed to be either.

@ye51d If shock horror was yours and your girlfriend's goal than by gosh you nailed it. I always used to say that no horror movie or game has ever been able to actually unnerve me, let alone frighten me. This cute looking, ten minute game has forever rendered that statement a lie upon my lips as I finished it this morning in a cold sweat and had to walk away from the computer and meditate upon the peacefully sleeping forms of my own children before coming back to write this reply.

If I've interpreted your goals for this game correctly it's intention is meant to be preventative/inspire awareness to how innocuous these evils can appear until it is to late. If so I applaud your efforts even while simultaneously hating you both for ruining my morning (don't worry, I'll get over it.). Overall I think such efforts are needed though even if it caught me by surprise. I actually uprooted my family recently and moved them across the ocean because of a somewhat related but more rampant issue plaguing my home country, and moreover said country's willingness to outright ignore the issue because it interfered in what should have been an unrelated political agenda so I understand more than most how easily such horrific sins can be dismissed, swept under the rug and ignored by those who have yet to actually be or have loved ones who have been victimized by them.

Failure Hero

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just played this on account of being a bit drunk and wanting to try something lighthearted. While it didn't quite hit that mark, it was definitely interesting! My only complaint is that the English can be a bit wonky at times (not counting Gabriel, who speaks like the 5 year old he is), but considering how god awful I am at Portuguese, I imagine that's just the difficulty of translating between Romance languages and English.

ye51d

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Well dayum dude, probably the most off guard a game has ever caught me. Art style is really cute and does a good job of disarming you from the gravity of the actual narrative up until it climaxes...though once it did the couple of subtle hints that you are given beforehand (or moreover the fact that I didn't realize what they were until then) filled me with a deep sense of dread in the pit of my stomach, something no game or horror movie has ever managed to do to me before.

@AbyssalDarkness Frankly I'd be concerned for anyone for whom this didn't leave a bad aftertaste at the very least. Hell after playing it I'm in the mood for cold-blooded murder to be completely honest, it's certainly not something I'd ever be able to look back on fondly but I don't think it's supposed to be either.

@ye51d If shock horror was yours and your girlfriend's goal than by gosh you nailed it. I always used to say that no horror movie or game has ever been able to actually unnerve me, let alone frighten me. This cute looking, ten minute game has forever rendered that statement a lie upon my lips as I finished it this morning in a cold sweat and had to walk away from the computer and meditate upon the peacefully sleeping forms of my own children before coming back to write this reply.

If I've interpreted your goals for this game correctly it's intention is meant to be preventative/inspire awareness to how innocuous these evils can appear until it is to late. If so I applaud your efforts even while simultaneously hating you both for ruining my morning (don't worry, I'll get over it.). Overall I think such efforts are needed though even if it caught me by surprise. I actually uprooted my family recently and moved them across the ocean because of a somewhat related but more rampant issue plaguing my home country, and moreover said country's willingness to outright ignore the issue because it interfered in what should have been an unrelated political agenda so I understand more than most how easily such horrific sins can be dismissed, swept under the rug and ignored by those who have yet to actually be or have loved ones who have been victimized by them.

Thank you for all the input Alexander, I'm glad that you get to play the game and got what i was trying to say, we try to make of this world a dream for the people we love, but dangers are everywhere. So it's like a shout to pay attention to the people you love :)

And i found really cool and motivating all you said about the moving part, and how the game ruined your morning, well you just made our night.
Thank you!

---

About the language... sorry about the mistakes, or basic sentences construction, I'll be more demanding for my next projects

Last edited:

starlord

Lead (Emma)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
great art style! it's very different, and different always translates to greatness. gonna suggest it to my friends.

Veethree

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
The mix between hand-drawn and photograph graphics is very nice :D

Hellpug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engililish
Primarily Uses
I really like the art style.

The end boss maaann, it made me uncomfortable. I could see what was coming from what I had read in the comments and the fact you went to your Uncle's house but I was still not prepared. I liked that you didn't mince words though.

Orb

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I was not prepared for that ending. The game looks so innocent and easy-going at the beginning, but then it turns out to be a powerful message of caution.

I really liked it, the art style, the battles in Gabriel´s imagination, the music... Especially the music; though it was very simple, you made the right choices, each piece blends very well with each moment, it walks you from a childish game to a more serious thing

Lots of effort put into this! Congrats!

Tailusei

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yohoo!
Well, I tried this yesterday and it was quite the experience.
For a first game, I think this is reeeally well done! The title screen looks very cute, too. It's original for the visuals, and we have some good musics.
And the game...
... I was expecting more a bathroom accident, you know. Then they go to uncle's home, and... ah. I'm happy that the kid could give his uncle a lesson, and I liked especially the fact there was the option to say it clearly to the mother. Talking about those things is the most important part! I have only a question: if you lose the last battle, it's just a game over? I would feel really a bad person to try this again just to see what happens.
I wish you good luck for your future works!

ye51d

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Yohoo!
Well, I tried this yesterday and it was quite the experience.
For a first game, I think this is reeeally well done! The title screen looks very cute, too. It's original for the visuals, and we have some good musics.
And the game...
... I was expecting more a bathroom accident, you know. Then they go to uncle's home, and... ah. I'm happy that the kid could give his uncle a lesson, and I liked especially the fact there was the option to say it clearly to the mother. Talking about those things is the most important part! I have only a question: if you lose the last battle, it's just a game over? I would feel really a bad person to try this again just to see what happens.
I wish you good luck for your future works!
Thank you so much I'm glad you like it!

About your question
It's not a game over, but you enter to a hell room after you escape you just have less options when asked what happened because uncle will be awake and he can defend of what you say, so you have to chose more carefuly

IttleRPG

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The artstyle is Phenomenal! Downloading and Can't wait to play it!

GALER

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I really love the unique art style! I wish I could draw that!! Good job!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main character of the book)
Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.
putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltrone