Kingdom The Clans II - Why vampires, why?

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Clord, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

[​IMG]
    Big thanks to Seraphim Creations (and Lato) for aiding me with this project. It is a big undertaking after all.

What it is?
    The story follows adventures of Okashi and her loyal brother Kishimura who are in fact playing a new game called “The Clans II” which game out in their city. They want to play it so badly that they are not even bothering to take the trash out which is rotting on their kitchen inside the house.

No time they get hooked to that game and their first mission is to bring back a few missing clan members. They forget passing of time and begin to roleplay their “roles” immediately. Eventually they meet Okami and CO in that game and get hooked even more. However something sinister is brewing in the shadows and their first quest is just the beginning.

Please note that every bust will be custom made to have a quality like this.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Game also will have custom charsets and tileset stuff.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Demo with a placeholder charsets and busts (7/14/2013). http://www.mediafire.com/download/tx56i681tatf99t/Kingdom_The_Clans_II_Placeholder_Demo.exe

Codex
    Clan Members
    Clan members often get contracted by the king or other people for a right price. It can range from simple delivery quests to waging a war. When not dealing with other clan members, their position is that of just below the king which makes most relatively still new clan members rather arrogant at times.

Clan Collar
    Clan members wear their respective clans collars as a proof they belong to their clans. Clan collars are magically sealed to prevent spies and defections.

Spell Pistol
    Magic users can use these things to amplify their magic further. These things were popularized by Technomages who likes to mix technology with a magic. However places a tremendous strain to its wielder if overused, thus most Magic users who likes to use these things need their mana replenished way more often.

King Steve
    A once fair king who ruled well then suddenly a few decades ago became very stinky and villagers who had so much expenses did need to resort to shady deals due higher taxes imposed by the king.

King Steve's Army
    His army is entrusted to the royal guard. While it is their duty to protect villagers and more, their main duty is to ensure that the clans stay under control.

The Royal Guard
    Led by the king’s son called Prince Steven who is often confused with the king due the similar name. The royal guard's main duty is protect the current king and command his armies. These guys are extremely loyal for their king and one of main reasons he is still ruling despite of past decades of heavy mismanagement.

Heresy
    Those who are immortal are referred simply as heretics. It is power bestowed by the demons and thus forbidden. However most would be heretics try to hide the fact.
    Characters

Okashi / Yami Tsugi clan

[​IMG]

Likes girls, hates guys. Only male she can barely tolerate is her brother. Claims to defend her brother even though is one in safe distance while her brother takes most of the hits.

Kishimura / Chi Tsugi clan

[​IMG]

Okashi’s brother who believes that his duty is to stand as a shield for his rather ungrateful sister. Believes to following the orders even when he personally disagrees with them.

Joey Handsome / Yami Tsugi clan

[​IMG]

Joined to Yami Tsugi clan because dubious reasons. Top of that he is male which makes situation even weirder. Tries to get loved by Okashi but so far his attempts have failed due being generally very creepy guy.

Okami Hyou / Chi Tsugi clan

[​IMG]

A foolish person who happens be also from a rich family who has close ties with Chi Tsugi clan. She does almost anything as long she gets paid for it.

Kitsune / Rai Tsugi clan

[​IMG]

A rather sarcastic fellow, likes to hang out with Okami Hyou for some strange reason. She doesn’t care about her supposed quest to beat her Kung-Fu master in a duel to take over Dojo like traditions say.

Mahou / Yami Tsugi clan

[​IMG]

A mage with slight tendency towards pyromancy. However overall she is rather stable and modest person who does not brag about her power that much however she suffers from various phobias at times like fear of ghosts.

Butsu / Rai Tsugi clan

[​IMG]

She is supposed to be an archeologist but is really bad at it. Has thieving tendencies even though her main hobbies include reading and throwing books at enemies.

General Bastardo / Vampire clan

[​IMG]

He is Deaux Excimus’ brother and has great plans to assume more powerful position and might even try to convince members of the other clans to aid him. Has a long standing grudge with Deaux Excimus about who is better to lead their branch of the clan.

Deaux Excimus / Vampire clan

[​IMG]

Often takes someone as her nemesis because of wrong reasons which she deludes itself to be right ones. Most of her minions don’t get a second chance if they fail and thus her “trusted” Vampires often hide their failures from her. Should someone admit their mistakes she sees as a weakness and then she uses Dark Edge on them. On that note, it is her favorite sword too.

Some screenshot from an private alpha versions.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Credits

Clord for eventing, mapping and storyline.
    Seraphim Creations for helping in many aspects when it comes to this project.
    Lato for pulling a lot of man hours for this project.
    Arctic Fox for Title Screen and other busts he makes to replace these old ones eventually.
    Tactical Battle System by Lemon Slice.
    Various Yanfly scripts. Big thanks for Yanfly who has made them.
    XS - Popup Item by Nicke.
    GO GO TOTORI! by Kread-EX
    CSCA Encyclopedia by Casper667
    CSCA Menu Organizer by Casper667
    NeoFace System v.2.0 [RMVXA Script] by Woratana
    Scene Themes + Direct Message Window Skin Specification (Message Skins) by Aarowaim

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
  2. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
  3. Jef299

Jef299 Fifteen Mush-ups! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Loved the demo. Very cool. I love the combat system it is interesting!

I like how attacks from the back and sides cause more damage.

I want to play the full game!

Story seems cool too.

Can't wait to see the new character busts and sprites when they come out. :D

4. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

Thanks. :)

It has been a busy day to get everything ready.

I made a small update for the demo related to certain switches which moved when used. Also now Kingdom The Clans has a demo too.

Let's Plays are also welcome about these games.

Edit: Seems that script interfered with the dialogue so that it made some dialogue to be skipped. I uploaded a new version of the demo to fix that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
  5. numfanklewhat

numfanklewhat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    The tactical battle system looks interesting.. downloading the demo now, more comment later :D

Clord likes this.
  6. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

Roger roger. :)

It has quite different combat system compared to first game in the series.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
  7. numfanklewhat

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Been out of the loop lately and here's my thought on the demo. Overall I really like it! The battle system is obviously the spotlight here and i have to say it's really enjoyable, really a huge improvement over the first game. It's quite rare to see such tactical battle system in an RM game and this one in Kingdom II is really good, the selection of character skills is neat, just like the first game, everyone have their own skill sets and characteristics. The only flaw here is the fact that you used random enemy encounter for tactical battle system.. after a while it's quite tiring to face enemy after enemy because the nature of tactical battle that takes longer than a standard, turn based battle. My suggestion is maybe tone down the encounter percentage or maybe don't use random encounter system.

Other than that, it's as usual, the story is enjoyable and the interface arrangement and system is very neat. I will definitely wait for the full release :) :thumbsup-right:

Clord likes this.
  8. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

Did you pick the normal difficulty?

9. numfanklewhat

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Yes, I pick the normal difficulty. Is it somehow affect the encounter rate?

10. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

Nah, it affects to enemies stats outside of normal difficulty. I just figured when you did talk about "longer than a standard", you picked one of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
  11. numfanklewhat

First Language:
    Indonesian
    By longer than standard, I mean comparing the time it takes to finish battle in turn based tactical battles with the more common, front-view battle system.. that is usually more faster. I was referring to an incompatibilty of random based encounter especially those with steep encounter rate with a tactical turn based battle. Since tactical turn based battle takes more time to finish, with steep encounter rate it means you will spent most of the playtime in battle, which is quite tiring after a while. A simple workaround for this is to decrease the random enemy encounter rate drastically and make battles harder but yield more EXP + loot.

Sorry for my confusing sentence before. :|

12. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

That explains what you meant pretty well. It is one of those things people have their own different opinions about.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
  13. numfanklewhat

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Yeah in the end it's coming back to personal opinion, nevertheless I still enjoy the game :D

14. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

One area I have improved greatly upon is not to take opinions too personally. Though it is common sense to see what people find really as an issue in general.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
  15. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

Game gets downloaded steadily. Still looking for opinions.

I take that there is no nonsense like a moving switches anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
  16. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014