Kingdom - The Clans

Keiang

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Keiang It's not the face generator in Ace, but your points still stand. Just wanted to clarify it's a different generator.
Ah, thanks. It struck me as kind of odd, since Okami and Kitsune's sprite's clothes don't match their avatars'.

As far as names go, you might also want to think about giving people from different clans different name roots. You know, one clan uses Japanese names, one uses English or something, maybe Spanish. That kind of thing. Also, I would change the names of the clans. Chi Tsugi, Yami Tsugi, and Rai Tsugi are all kind of... derp sounding. Chi is life force, which... doesn't have much relation to Okami. Yami is darkness, which doesn't really relate to Mahou, unless she uses shadow magic, and Rai is lightning. If you're going for an element theme, using Fire, Lightning, and Ice is a bit more traditional.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ah, thanks. It struck me as kind of odd, since Okami and Kitsune's sprite's clothes don't match their avatars'.

As far as names go, you might also want to think about giving people from different clans different name roots. You know, one clan uses Japanese names, one uses English or something, maybe Spanish. That kind of thing. Also, I would change the names of the clans. Chi Tsugi, Yami Tsugi, and Rai Tsugi are all kind of... derp sounding. Chi is life force, which... doesn't have much relation to Okami. Yami is darkness, which doesn't really relate to Mahou, unless she uses shadow magic, and Rai is lightning. If you're going for an element theme, using Fire, Lightning, and Ice is a bit more traditional.
I didn't specify them in-game but... I took these meanings.

Chi = Blood.

Yami = Dark.

Rai = Lightning.

You guessed 2 out of 3 of them pretty much right.

In forum I can answer more seriously about this famous question: Do I listen the suggestions?

In reality I very much do, I have done many unreleased RPG games which I didn't give that much a damn but in the this case, I have made a lot changes based on suggestions. I have thread about this game across a several sites and I have fixed pretty much all the spelling errors when people actually pointed where they are and which is the right wording.

This means, proof reading is still very much welcome. I want also know if some of the later bosses are too hard for the others.

Also should I add Cows and fences to Summer Holt? It just feels odd that a such small village which is just expanding and clearing their way across the forest for more building room would suddenly have thriving Cow based economy when they already got their small farm for the current population.

Across various sites I have received the fact that I should really reduce encounter rates in the Underwater Dungeon and it shall be done. Also Keiang has a point. In fact, Deaux Exchimus name was inspired partly from Spanish language (I don't know much Spanish mind you.)

Gomi Boy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
the truth
Primarily Uses
So that's two languages you're using quite liberally without any real understanding of anything related to them. Huh.

BigEd781

undefined method 'stupid_title' found for nil:NilC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dothraki
Primarily Uses
N/A
So that's two languages you're using quite liberally without any real understanding of anything related to them. Huh.
Not sure what the point of that response was supposed to be, but spamming/trolling is not allowed. Keep it constructive.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
v1.04 will have.

- Even more detailed maps (Many of them are kind of unfinished, you know.)

- Weapon system will be revamped to have more interesting stats (Weapon damage will be turned to percentage increases and there will be able to inflict various status ailments.)

- Shop will be improved further, no longer just the one long list of stuff you can buy (Confusing for the other players at least initially).

- Most encounter rates set to 15 steps Avg will be increased to 30 steps Avg (It is odd how later monster spawns get rarer while getting bombarded constantly by them earlier).

- More proofreading and the confusing bridge scene will have a new dialogue to make more sense with the current storyline (I want to lure you to this cave but tell you to go away?).

- Overworld map will have more progress contextual enemy spawns, this means when you come back from the Ruined Tower, you are not encountering the level 3 Light Goozes anymore but instead of something more challenging.

- More areas to see in the world map where you can't go, to make it look a more realistic world (Krateria is not supposed to be a small island nation, but instead of huge one).

- More NPC guys in the dangerous areas, supplying you with the lore. This means that when you go to various dungeons, it just makes sense that other Adventurers might already be there.

- Ruined Tower F3 will get a way to teleport out from there after beating it, instead of making the player go all the way back down to exit from there.

- Evil Forest demands rain and it shall have it.

- Shop that sells you the crafting materials if the RNG hates you that much.

- More items, including an items which can be used offensively during the combat.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
V1.04 has finally been released. Check it out, please.

Keiang

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
what. what is this?neither of these are correct. i don't understand
Pretty sure it's supposed to read "The important thing is that the treasure might not be wet!"

Whatever sentence correction software he was using didn't pick up on the fact that "then" should be "the."

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Pretty sure it's supposed to read "The important thing is that the treasure might not be wet!"

Whatever sentence correction software he was using didn't pick up on the fact that "then" should be "the."
Which is kind of funny, as it is the program which is supposedly connected to huge database to know stuff like that. Yeah, it is one of those marketing talk craps. When their server crashes, the program is useless.

http://www.gingersoftware.com/

Gomi Boy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
the truth
Primarily Uses
A human proofreader will always be preferable. They're harder to confuse.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Final version is released. This basically means that the first chapter/episode should be complete. Sequel will have a new adventure to play.

They find themselves being stuck in the huge closed space and they must escape from there in the sequel.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I shall quote Lato from the another site, this is relevant to my project.

Lato said:
Clord has joined Seraphim Creations and the game "Saga of the Clans" will now be a part of the "Kingdom" series I am using all of my companies resources to remake the game. So I would like to present the NEW game "Kingdom - The Clans"

We are taking out many of the buggy scripts that are not needed, adding a better combat system, and custom artwork and graphics.

One of the most notable changes is the story text change, it is now in a more proper/readable english. I will make this Kingdom game my next success just like all my other projects!

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Word from our team member.

Lato said:
Kingdom The Clans has become the latest success to my Kingdom series ^_^

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/131110...ngdom-the-clans

Becoming over 200% funded and sharing the success with my team is a great thing. Now for the new updates that me and my team will be adding to the game.

1.ALL custom pix work not done by Seraphim Creations will be taken out and replaced by myself using the Kingdom series tile set.

2.New world map towns/locations

3.Some Voice acting at key story points

4.Custom anime styled music

5.Custom title and game over screens

6. Rebalanced combat and skills.

7.Smoother english story text.

The game is also going under a small conversion so that it can be sold commercially.

With the addition of Clord to my team the future is looking very bright for Seraphim Creations!

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It has been almost eight months and I have some news.

First, this game is still under development so that we can make it something truly special. So called "finished" version will have custom made portraits by Arctic Fox and much much more. Also characters have charsets made just for them.

I also revamped the main post on this thread recently.

Oh and lastly. As you have probably noticed by now, there is a sequel in the works too. http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/14982-kingdom-the-clans-ii-why-vampires-why/

Thanks to numfanklewhat on this forum for telling about this game series on his blog.

JacobM

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think I might like to play this. Is there a demo?

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Demo is not out yet but will be eventually.

hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Looks ok I guess, but you should fix the Japanese writing on the wall in that screenshot in your opening post.

It should read 死神が近い、not 死神わ近い.

わ is not a particle in the Japanese language. The subject particle pronounced "wa" is written with the hiragana "ha" は.

It's been mentioned before, I'm sure, but if you aren't proficient in Japanese, using it doesn't look very good.

If you insist on using it you should study some more first, or ask around for help from people who know it better.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yeah it is an old screenshot. I sometimes accidentally type わ instead of は when it comes to that particle. It is one of my oddities.

Thanks for mentioning it though.

Edit: Demo is now available. http://www.mediafire.com/download/k6v64lc8dmi23ea/Kingdom_The_Clans_Placeholder_Demo.exe

Like sequel, it is work in progress. So expect placeholder stuff. Combat system will be sideview one later with custom made monster graphics just for this game.

numfanklewhat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Tried the demo yesterday, so far I really like it.. the story is refreshing and not taking itself too seriously while still being interesting enough to follow. I also like the comedic remarks by some of the characters. The custom menu also neat with addition of encyclopedia and some other stuff. As for the battle it manages to be quite fun with every party member have their own signature move and characteristics. There is also crafting that I haven't tried yet since I'm not that far in the game.

My only complain maybe is the lack of quest log? I accidentally close the game and forgot where to go after the first main quest from the king.. it's really not a big deal, but an additional quest log might be nice to have. Since the graphics is still placeholder, no comment on that, but it supposedly get better later in the full release. All in all Kingdom - The Clans is a nice game with a lighthearted comedic story, a perfect game to enjoy if you need alternative from any game with a bloody grimdark and serious story. :thumbsup-left:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's Saturday already. Last Saturday felt just like yesterday. o_o
I really need to stop adding more levels to this thing already...
My computer is now on the dead list. Parts and Services stopped two days ago for this type.
someone help my thread has been silent since the initial post I just wanna make a goddamn game
People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zinn77