Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Kingdoms of Conflict: The Void Within

Foreword
Hey all, this is my first official RPG Maker game. I actually started this project awhile back but somehow ended up losing the file due to the save being corrupted so I had to start over. Needless to say, lesson learned (backup, with backup, and more backups).

Currently, the art is using mostly default tilesets and etc with some Aekshaics battlers. I wanted to focus on the gameplay and story first. As I finish those two things I plan to re-do maps with better tilesets and characters sets.

As it stand I’d say I am about 1/6-1/5th done with the game. There’s more work to be done but I want outside input before I went any further. So please let me know what you all think and what can be worked on. I am open to suggestions. Thanks!

Story
The story takes place in a medieval fantasy setting inside the world of Caden. Several years ago the Great War had just ended causing the kingdoms to settle in a peace treaty. However; each kingdom is secretly vying for power, through the use of corruption, relics, and artifacts. Anything to sway the balance of power.

But unbeknownst to mankind lies a great threat within, a threat that has been long forgotten...

The Void...

Gameplay
So far the focus of the early stages of this game is centered around a two groups of characters who are a part of Duke Alexander’s army. Both groups uncover a major plot within the story at separate events.

The combat is focused around a row-formation turn-based battle system. There are currently several classes and at this stage all classes are capped at level 10. Each class (an enemy class type) has different sets of skills with some minor restrictions as to who you or the enemy can attack during combat. For more details on classes see the class list below.

Classes
Guardian
Type: Tank.
Position: Frontline.
Description
Doesn’t deal much damage but can receive a lot of damage and even help reduce damage from allies. Special attacks or Buffs uses TP and/or MP.

Fighter
Type: Melee DPS
Position: Frontline.
Description
Wields a battleaxe and deals great damage but has a higher chance of missing than normal. Uses TP to do special attacks.

Ranger
Type: Range DPS
Position: Midline.
Description
Uses a bow and is fast and agile. Deal good damage and can hit enemies within any row. Uses TP to do special attacks.

Cleric
Type: Range Support
Position: Backline
Description
Uses a cane, fairly fast and can heal and support allies. Deal minor damage, but can be useful against the undead. Uses MP for healing.

Wizard
Type: Magic Range DPS
Position: Backline
Description
Use a staff, moves slow but attacks enemies with magical spells. Wizard is able to attack any enemies within any row. Uses MP for magical spells.

Chemist
Type: Range DPS/Support
Position: Midline
Description
The Chemist’s spells can attack/debuff the enemy or heal/buff allies. Doesn’t have the wide arrange of healing/protection spells as the Cleric but has more effective single target healing than the Cleric.

Saboteur
Type: Melee DPS
Position: Frontline
Description
The Saboteur can is quick and agile and is able to attack enemies in the front and mid rows. Uses TP and combo points for special attacks.

Screenshots
33363353540_b1415fac8b_k.jpg

33618057621_32562fd6cc_z.jpg

33618053771_b3c912f724_k.jpg

32934026403_bb5b47cb86_k.jpg

33362529370_015a92b73e_k.jpg

33618050551_fe4ed47455_k.jpg

32934028233_c7190fd30e_k.jpg
Credits: In game.

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggkjkrfkd24ge90/Kingdomgs of Conflict .zip?dl=0

Last edited:

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks very interesting. I dig the smaller/fleshed out Class system. I've got a similar thing going on with my current main project.

I'll try to spare some time and give it a first glance. Are you interested in constructive feedback?

-MIA

Austrian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Certainly, I'm always looking for some constructive feedback. The more I learn the better I can hopefully make this game. Thanks.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I've been playing a little bit of it here and there.. it's entertaining. :)

However, I've encountered a couple of Event and Tile errors.
I will Edit/Update this comment specifically for those items.

Eventing/Bug Errors:
E: The barrel that gives you empty bottles can be checked repeatedly, giving you limitless Bottles
S: I believe this a simple "Self Switch" or end event error. Shouldn't take more than 3sec to fix.

Map/Tile/Passage Errors:
-More to come-

I will post another comment later on with my thoughts on general game play. :)

-MIA

Austrian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sweet, glad you're finding the game entertaining.

I'll tackle that bug. I've tried testing the game many times to avoid as many bugs as possible, but atlas I still missed some.

I look forward to your thoughts on the game play. Hopefully, I am going in the right direction with this.

Also thanks for the critiques so far.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There are a few small bugs and graphic issues.. I am going to start the game over and try to give you full details. The issue is I have so little spare time, and I am really enjoying your game so far. :)

-MIA

Austrian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Small update:

Recently started working on the next act for the game and also trying to remedy any bugs I have missed. I don't have an ETA as for when the next act will be done but once its done I'll provide another update and more than likely another demo.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wasn't feeling well today, so I spent the day in bed.. and I played your game.

Although I won't be providing thorough feedback as originally intended, I wanted to say that I enjoyed it very much!! So far as I have played, at least. :)

There are a few grammar errors here and there, and a few mapping errors.. there is one big event error I wanted to point out though.
When you get to explore the second town, in one of the barrels, you can get a Water.. as many times as you want. The event never turns off. You can then sell these to the shop for ton of Gold. It's a similar error to the first town where you can get unlimited Empty Bottles from the barrel.

The skills and battles are fun and challenging, and seem very well balanced. The story, so far, is light but semi-serious and enjoyable as well.
The characters are interesting and the theme flows smoothly.

There are some points that are just a little too "text" heavy for me personally, but it's still good.

Keep up the good work!! :)
-MIA

Austrian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for the late, reply. Been a bit busy with personal stuff. However; I really appreciate the feed back you have made. There' s a lot more work to be done with my project and I'll take your advice to improve upon the game and fix those bugs. I was actually concerned that the game maybe a bit too hard and frustrating but it seemed you enjoyed it. So in that regards I seem to be on the right track at least :).

But once again thanks for taking the time to try it, i really appreciate it!

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, real life has a way of getting in the way of hobbies. :) It's spring time.. which on a farm means "good luck finding time to do much of anything outside of tending to farm stuff" HAHA!! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.
Red_V2.png
Red's design is finally finished (his hair is blue on purpose, it's a joke!). Out of all of the compulsory party members, he spends the most time with you. Just like the character he's based on, he presents himself as a simple person who only wants to help others, but there's obviously more to him than meets the eye.
I drew the cover for my new book. I don 't like to entrust this work to someone else )

WM8Xp2VYvg8.jpg
So if I wanted to share little video clips of my game on here... without using youtube... what would be the most ideal way to do that? FWIW, I use Mega a lot to upload videos and just share the links with my friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delisyabakery