EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Intro:

This plugin allows you to adjust the default text speed in message windows.
It waits between each character draw.

Version: 1.02

Features:

• Slow down the text that shows up in the message window.
  • Works with Yanfly Message Core!
  • You can change the text speed on the fly using the escape code \TS[desired text speed]

Example: \TS[30]

Instructions:

1. Simply add the script and set the text wait speed you want.

Please see the below attachment to use the plugin.

Credits:

Free for both commercial and non-commercial use.Credit with the name Kino.

Thanks:Thank you to anyone who decides to use this script; I appreciate it!

If there are any bugs/issue, please contact me via message on the forums. I want to try and make the script as extensible/flexible as possible, so if you have an ideas also

please message me.

View attachment SlowText.js

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
tank you

light and good script

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, and I hope you enjoy using the script! If there are any issues -- feel free to contact me!

Myshu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Works excellently! Good script.

Just a note: if using with Yanfly scripts, it needs to be ABOVE message core and the extended packs.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, Kino.
Is it possible to add plugin option to show "Message Speed: Slow, Medium, Fast" as menu option?

Yugo Salkins

Pie-Master
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey Kino,
I've checked out this script and have immediately been getting an error on the first line because of the // and getting rid of those didn't help either. I'm using VX Ace, but is this script for a different Rpg maker or is it something else?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yugo Salkins This plugin is for MV, which uses a completely different coding language than Ace. You will need to look through Ace scripts to find a comparable one to use.

omegadaxer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Kino~!

I just wanted to point out that the updated Slow Text plugin, Version 1.03, cancels out Tor Damian's "No Fast Forward Text" Plugin. As far as I can tell, they both work fine with version 1.02, but now whenever version 1.03 is running, no matter how I have it setup it negates the TDD plugin's ability to prevent the player from fast-forwarding through text.

Their plugin can be found here: http://mvplugins.tordamian.com/plugins/no-fast-forward/

Any ideas for a work-around? And thanks for your wonderful plugins!

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I'll make sure to take a look at this @omegadaxer
Hopefully, I can fix it for you.

Shuya

Gaussian Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
I love the plugin idea, but why my text still go fast? did i do something mistake? some like where to put the plugin etc? or, Should i change the number inside plugin command beside "2"? i already try type \TS[10], \TS[30], \TS[100] but no change. Sory for my bad english. Could you please help me?

unknownnumber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Such a simple thing, but such a huge impact on the game - thank you!

Last edited:

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Glad it could help you I really wanna make a quick update to this one.

Also! You can find my main thread EIS plugins in this forum and my signature also links directly to my website.

Have a wonderful day. ~

LCL

Lazy Procrastinator
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make this working with Text Bleep plugins?

Edit: Wait, nevermind, it does. My bleeps were off.

Last edited:

Empire_Kirby

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey there!^-^

I like your plugin and 'cause you say you would be happy about ideas here is one for you:

Can you make it possible to use values like \TS[5.9] ?

This would be great!

Cheers

Dantilla

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Kino. Fund your wonderful Plugin today and it really is a great thing to improve atmosphere.
But I have a question:
Whe I enable the plugin, every text is shown very slowly, it only gets to normal speed when I add \TS[0] in front of every shown text.
Is it possible that I set a default speed for normal text, and that the speed changes only when I add the command before the text? Because this is what I thought it would work like...

Salo_Ch

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really liked it... but there's a problem.
I just want a few texts to be slow, but the other texts are also slower, I changed the value in the plugin to 1 and even to .5 and .1, and still slow (the decimals may not work but still), and it makes the text more boring to read because of that.

Discomusic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Kino. Fund your wonderful Plugin today and it really is a great thing to improve atmosphere.
But I have a question:
Whe I enable the plugin, every text is shown very slowly, it only gets to normal speed when I add \TS[0] in front of every shown text.
Is it possible that I set a default speed for normal text, and that the speed changes only when I add the command before the text? Because this is what I thought it would work like...

I found out that you can set the default speed inside the plugin itself. Apparently, if you set Text Speed as 0 in the plugin menu, it doesn't take the speed 0 as you want but it takes its own default instead, which is 5. In line 48-ish of the script change that 5 into 0, and your default will become the regular, pre-plugin text speed.

Reaction score
First Language
Pt-br
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It has a bug here, when I put the command "\>" it is canceled by the plugin, sorry for the bad english.

[Edit]:I found a way to fix this, put the command "\ TS [0]" in front of the command "\>" and then when you want the speed put the "\ TS [0n]".

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.
Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M4loy