KISS Faction System

AcerK

Muse of Ink
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah, sorry, I meant that you should copy and paste it into the forums using a code block, lol.
It could also be that you're missing a comma, now that I think about it. Make sure that after every faction you define, you put a comma after it (unless it's the very last faction).

Let me know if you get it fixed, though, and PM me if you have any further trouble.

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Code:
[
null,
{
    "ID": 1,
    "Name": "Von Kile Family",
    "Description": "The Vonkile family is a powerful organisation but suffering from constant internal disputes by it's bosses.",
    "IconID": 338
},
{
    "ID": 2,
    "Name": "Elydian Firm",
    "Description": "An Enigmatic organization made up of Elydians-they are bitter enemies to the Volkorik Syndicate",
    "IconID": 339
}
{
    "ID": 3,
    "Name": "Spiablo Hoods",
    "Description": "Large in numbers but highly disorganized, they operate via 'sets' claiming most of Garrison",
    "IconID": 337
},
{
    "ID": 4,
    "Name": "Grinders M.C",
    "Description": "Rivals of the Banished M.C",
    "IconID": 340
},
{
    "ID": 5,
    "Name": "Arachin Families",
    "Description": "The Arachin Families are considered the most powerful of galactic mobs but there influence is minimal in Archtross as newcomers",
    "IconID": 322
}
{
    "ID": 6,
    "Name": "Forge Posse",
    "Description": "A small gang of misfits operating in Forge beach",
    "IconID": 321

},
{    "ID": 7,
    "Name": "Banished M.C",
    "Description": "A vicious hovercycle gang made up of Banished Voltorians",
    "IconID": 324

},
{
    "ID": 8,
    "Name": "Voltor Syndicate",
    "Description": "AK the Voltor Mafia, is a vicious organization.",
    "IconID": 323
]
This is what's in my data file, I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong :p

AcerK

Muse of Ink
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yep, just as I thought. You're missing two commas, actually, and your block for the 8th faction is missing a closing bracket.
Again, make sure that after EVERY faction you define (AKA after every chunk of text between the two {}s) you put a comma. So, to fix your file, just add a comma after #2 and #5, and close off the bracket at the end of #8.
Code:
{
    "ID": 2,
    "Name": "Elydian Firm",
    "Description": "An Enigmatic organization made up of Elydians-they are bitter enemies to the Volkorik Syndicate",
    "IconID": 339
},
{
    "ID": 3,
    "Name": "Spiablo Hoods",
    "Description": "Large in numbers but highly disorganized, they operate via 'sets' claiming most of Garrison",
    "IconID": 337
},
Code:
{
    "ID": 5,
    "Name": "Arachin Families",
    "Description": "The Arachin Families are considered the most powerful of galactic mobs but there influence is minimal in Archtross as newcomers",
    "IconID": 322
},
{
    "ID": 6,
    "Name": "Forge Posse",
    "Description": "A small gang of misfits operating in Forge beach",
    "IconID": 321

},
Code:
{
    "ID": 8,
    "Name": "Voltor Syndicate",
    "Description": "AK the Voltor Mafia, is a vicious organization.",
    "IconID": 323
}
These are all really little things that are hard to spot with an inexperienced eye, I know, but they are very important. If your game still doesn't work after making these fixes, please let me know. :)

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've updated the file with your codes you presented here but this shows up still.
I can't even bring up the console to see why it has caused it.

I have the common event set up like this:

I've tested the same events extracted from the demo file but when I interact with them they do nothing :/

Attachments

AcerK

Muse of Ink
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm...I'm sorry, but I really can't replicate that error. I pasted your faction data into a blank project (with the fixes) and it seems to be working fine.

What that error message essentially means, I think, is that you're missing some kind of bracket somewhere, or your scripts are in the wrong order. But without being able to replicate the bug, I'm afraid I can't really help you from here, as it's less of an issue with my code and more of a general issue on your end :/

Mr.Chris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might be an easy question but how do I make a conditional branch depending on the number of points I have with a faction?

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm...I'm sorry, but I really can't replicate that error. I pasted your faction data into a blank project (with the fixes) and it seems to be working fine.

What that error message essentially means, I think, is that you're missing some kind of bracket somewhere, or your scripts are in the wrong order. But without being able to replicate the bug, I'm afraid I can't really help you from here, as it's less of an issue with my code and more of a general issue on your end :/
Hmm, does this plugin have issues with the use of common events? I'm using Yanfly's Main menu manager plugin because I want the faction window accessed via the player menu.

Mr.Chris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, does this plugin have issues with the use of common events? I'm using Yanfly's Main menu manager plugin because I want the faction window accessed via the player menu.
That actually works. I have it in my game. You have to discover the faction first otherwise it will crash the game.

AcerK

Muse of Ink
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Mr.Chris - You can find the number of points by using the code $gameSystem.getFaction(faction).FactionPoints (this is also in the help file). If you're using a conditional branch, to make things simpler, you can set a variable to the faction points and then use the conditional operations as normal. So, like, for example, set variable 0001 to $gameSystem.getFaction(1).FactionPoints, and then add a conditional branch that checks if 0001 is < 5 or whatever.

@Skurge - Nope, no issues with common events. I am 99.9% sure the issue is within your Factions.json file. If not, try reordering your plugins. I'm sorry, I really don't know what else to tell you :(

Mr.Chris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
AcerK Awesome! Works perfect

Thank you

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been searching for a system like this for well over 6 years!
This is just too cool, thanks for writing this!

dgo1980

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
how to add this in to Main menu manager yanfly?

GoldenPig55

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Help! everytime I try to open the main menu with ESC, this appears:upload_2019-3-10_2-8-35.png

I've made a button that discovers the factions and then I try and open the menu but nothing. I already set up MainMenuManager using someone's tutorial and the notes in the plugin itself, but it still displays this no matter what I do. Any help?

Soviet_Spartan

Советский спартанец
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need the "Command Symbol." I'm trying to use an AltMenuScreen and to add the "Factions" option in the menu I need the "Command Symbol"

Attachments

Anohe1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please can I know how to use icon instead of a gauge

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just curious is there a way to modify text colour dependant on the MV's img/system window file within the Json file?

I'm also having difficulty inputting more information about said faction beyond one line in the file, If I fill all the infomation on one line it cuts it off in the ingame window but If I dare to add more lines I get a syntax error instead.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I out the demo, with 0 factions, I get syntax error of 'name' is not a function which means, you MUST have 1 faction active.
this can be avoided to gain acces to teh faction scenes ones you have 1 or more.

otherwise its great plugin.
Here are some idea's / suggestions to take in consideration:

Faction starts on Lv1 to Max (param perhaps) so they can do lv 10
Faction exp need (adjustable in the params with "," like: you do 5 levels, so they can do: 30, 50, 70, 100, 200
More descriptions lines? name on left side, description and level in the other window so there are no duplicate "name" of faction.
Able to color the faction name like \C[3]faction name \c[0] so each faction has its own color.
Mages "blue", Warriors "red", Rogues "yellow" or in any combonation they like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GmOcean