Furry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Kitty Pride now have a Tumblr where I will also publish news. \ 'w' /
If you have any question, don't hesitate.

1590095663021.png

CuddleFox

Furry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
News of June 2020
In the last news, I showed you the first sons of anger. Well that's over, I've designed the five sons of anger, so here are the last two.

q8VOe.png

I also did their sprites so here are the 5 sons of anger, done, finished, we're done talking about it.

And while we're on the subject of sprites, I also redid the sprites of all the heroes, involving the fear and Joly.

Here you go. And I still don't feel like giving them a running animation while I've redone all their sprites.

Still in graphics, I'm redoing pixelated versions of the enemies' battlers. It doesn't take long to do, don't worry, I do that when I don't know what to do.

35OjW.png
n4b2d.png

I made stairs for the building in which the Sons of Anger live, and if I talk about it, it's because there is a dynamic management of what is in front and behind the hero and I'm satisfied (~°-°)~

X4Xrj.png

And there are no tilesets, it's just one big image on separate files. And the illusion is perfect.

And I also did the inside of the room.

wkegy.png

To visualize a little bit what I still had to do, during May I made a small list of systems and other things that I still had to program.

2rO1A.png

That's it. I've just written the battle system for now and a little bit of the cooking system, and they're not even finished.

I've got some gameplay ideas for the Sons of Anger's room. Notably the cooking system, where you'll play Drake who cooks food, and brings boosts to the other characters, it's a kind of mix between food in miitopia and curry in pokémon. So ideally I'd like to have a system at the end that corrects the millions of shortfalls in pokémon, but first things first.

I had also thought of a very simple puzzle completion system accessible via terminals throughout the game.

Basically, you've got a puzzle with, like, 1,500 pieces, and every time you spend x paws, it adds one more piece to the puzzle. And completed puzzles would allow access to additional scenes or features.

And to finish, I redid a bit of the intro as well and composed a new music for Bakura.

It's not Bakura's theme, it's just music for Bakura.

CuddleFox

Furry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I redid the bakura's facesets.
GNpZk.png

eA7x0.png

I also plan to remake those of Mai and Magus.

At the last news I told you that I redid the intro of the game.

I didn't only redo the intro, I also changed the mini game of the school, now it's Gatto who makes you pass a quiz and she's sweet with Bakura.
mjE7W.png

And that's not all, a few months ago, I told you about a new battle system.
Here's where it is now:

CuddleFox

Furry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello and welcome to this KP news. The game has exceeded 100 000 000 000 000 followers on GameJolt. And I am very happy about that.
I made new facesets for Mai the bun, he is now more adorable than ever.
Ever2.png

And new facesets for Magus he is now less threatening than ever.
Magus2.png

As for the battle system, now when you hit the enemy according to the hero it makes a different attack, placeholders are gone.
I'm programming what happens when the fight ends. So far the game is just able to tell if you won, lost or flee, but it's progressing.

I finished Gatto's quiz, and I made a tribute to Bill Wurtz, a youtuber who stopped making videos and whom I liked very much.

Besides that I fixed some bugs, because since I redid the Kitty Pride story I haven't really cleaned up the mess, actually.
And otherwise I rearranged some stuff right and left in my prog to make it easier to program. Now that I can code a bit in ruby I can create functions to execute blocks of code that often appear for example.

I've added transitions when leaving or entering a building or a dark place.

I put npcs in the school. Because until then, even in the demo, there were none.
I'm adding interactions all over the maps so it's not empty.
I've written books about how magic works and about the universe, which you can find in the game.

I've started to make a hud on the map to see the characters' HPs and the money.
unknown.png

I started programming the world map, so you move point by point.
It's going to be like a final fantasy mystic quest for those who played it, some places give access to dungeons, but for the cities it will be just text boxes with illustrations.
world map.png

CuddleFox

Furry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I redid the beginning of Kitty Pride again. Yeah, again.
This time we start directly in Gatto's dreams, she has lost all her feelings and we have to go straight to get them.
Starting over 78,000 times by 2022 seems reasonable to me.
At first I hesitated and well, in the end I'm not losing anything, I still have the tilesets, the systems already programmed.
I'm starting over but I'm not really starting over,
It's even a leap forward from what I've been doing up to now, in fact, because now we're directly in Gatto's dreams.
So why would I stop myself from doing it as many times as it takes to make something perfect for me.
So that's it.
After the intro for the moment you start by having to recover three feelings of Gatto to give her a minimum of personality. And it's scheduled to last an hour or so.
Now we can move on the worldmap and it works.
I wrote the interactions on the world map. You can search for enemies, but for the moment you can't go into the cities or anything yet, it's just to say that the world map is done.
I'm still working on the battle system which is after months of work almost finished.
Now the game erases the hud from the map at the beginning of the fight.
You can finish a full turn.
There's not a single technique, but what I mean is that you can start and finish a fight completely.
All I have left is the victory screen and the game over to integrate.
Speaking of which, I finished programming the victory screen,
there is a black background that goes down behind the characters who won a stat and shows how much they won, then goes up.
It's less long and boring than a real victory screen I think.
I've started programming the Game Over, so, it will be the same as before.
With a different text depending on the enemy you lose to.
So you're going to ask yourself, why don't I just go back to the game over I did before?
Well, because it was managed on a map and I'd like to manage it by script only, that's all,
It allows me to have complete control over what I do instead of having to depend on a map when it's not meant to be used this way.
It's just as silly as that.
Ah, now you must have seen, I do prog streams, on YouTube, so there's no precise schedule, I do it whenever I want,
but usually I limit myself to one hour, because I code a minimum of one hour a day anyway, so that's good.
We're talking about fnaf, there's the ost of ff10 in the background,
if you have any questions about the game you can ask me directly there, I answer live,
I did the victory screen completely on stream.

CuddleFox

Furry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The arc of nostalgia is over.
It's about a quarter of an hour if you know what to do. Maybe 30 if you don't know, but some of my players took almost an hour out of the first half because they were spending their time exploring.

You enter the nostalgia house, which is where Gatto grew up. You explore the area, and nostalgia, the overpowering mouse teases you while laughing.
But you can become as strong as you want, you will never reach his level, even with max exp.

Once you've visited the house, you go to the basement and explore Gatto's memories of nostalgia and who he really was with a few little puzzles and keyboard mastery passages.
And it's sweet and cute, and a little melancholy too.
p0EWR.pngeeYq0.pngee5Kx.png
nermal.png

Last edited:

CuddleFox

Furry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've changed my mind about the world map, we won't meet any enemies on it, but we can visit a small map for each white point that will have enemies. I made 8 maps for the island of nostalgia in one week, I'm going to start the anger part with this.

ZLY0r.png

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so to be clear, this (which is gorgeous) has NOTHING to do with the X-Man, right?

CuddleFox

Furry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I finished all the maps of Anger Island. It's an island where there are mountains, so I could make cave tilesets and it was a big pain.

rm2yD.png

And then, since I tend to realize that something is useless only when I finish it, I decided that there would be no worldmap. We're going to play it FFX and UnderTale, you travel, and between the important areas, there are transition maps.
I realized that for a short game, a world map is useless except to confuse the player, and that it would especially give him a feeling of "ah ****, here we go again" when he would arrive on it the first time, which could discourage him.

I'm going to keep the maps I made for the two islands, right, this work is not thrown away, just, there won't be a worldmap to link them.
So I'm going to make a map for the house of nostalgia, so that you don't teleport to the house from one map to the next, and then I'm going to do Flightown, the city of anger.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Finally, I got a good Gmail message [from smg5urded]
"This game does look a bit plain, but, I'm sure this does not destroy the experience as a whole. Monsters fit your style of game-play, mapping looks crude but I'm sure you can make it better if you do a remake of Forgotten Eclipse"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavishKK