Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
KMS Distribute Parameter

Script by Tomy

http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/

Latest Version: 2012/08/05

Description

This script gives players the power to determine how actors' stats are distributed in a game.

This is one of TOMY's more popular scripts from VX now made for VX Ace.

Please read the comments thoroughly since all customization in this script is done within the customization module.

Script

http://db.tt/rJRhnA7W

Installation

Paste this script into its own page within the "Materials" section in the script editor of your project.

How to Use

All customization is done within the customization module within the script. Please read the comments thoroughly.

Compatibility

KMS Generic Gauge

If you want to use Generic Gauge, it MUST be the version that is dated 2012/08/05. Any Generic Gauge script before this date will not work with KMS Distribute Parameter.

KMS Generic Gauge Image (Put in Graphics/System/ folder of your project)

Terms and Conditions

http://ytomy.sakura....tech/rules.html

Tomy's Site T&Cs (translated by kirinelf)

If you wish to redistribute the scripts or other materials on this site, I would appreacite being told beforehand through either the BBS or e-mail.Feel free to link to any of the pages on this site.

However, keep in mind that due to editing and rearranging of the site contents, links might break without warning.

I am not held responsible for any direct or indirect consenquence of using my scripts if you've modified them.

Please take that responsibility onto yourself.

As a precaution, please backup your project before use.

At the moment, no requests are being taken.

There is no need to report material usage to me, nor is credit required.

If you want to credit me, there's no specific format to do so.

Please write as you wish.

Editing is allowed freely, of course.

Redistribution after editing is fine.

(As long as you don't say you didn't write the whole thing yourself.)

You can port them to any other language (C++, C#, etc.) if you want.

You are also allowed to use these materials for 15+ and 18+ games.

...Well, now that the formalities are over, I really don't mind what you do with my works as long as you use them with common sense. Go ahead and use them! ヽ(´▽`)/
FAQ Style

Q: Can I share your works on my site?A: Yes, but I would prefer it if you could tell me beforehand via either the BBS or an email.

Q: Aren't there many similar scripts out there? What should I do with them?

A: Scripts are almost a form of art; each author has their own way of writing them. Even if they function the same, there is more than one way to write a script.

I think that as long as the different scripts don't just have different names for the variables and method, every script has its own value and merit.

Q: I'm gonna link to your technique page, okay?

A: Link and favorite (bookmark) to your hearts extent! Just be warned that sometimes the address for the links might change, so be careful.

Q: There was a bug and it screwed up my game! What should I do?

A: As said in the rules, I am not responsible for that. Please make frequent backups.

Q: Can you make something for me?

A: I'm not accepting any requests at the moment.

Q: Do I need to report usage details to you?

A: No. I'd appreciate the occasional notice though, it gives me motivation. If I don't hear anything at all, I do this: (´・ω・`) *Laugh*

Q: Do I need to put a copyright notice for you? (Can mean 'Do I need to credit you?')

A: No, you don't need to.

Q: I'd like to edit something...

A: Feel free to edit as you please. However, be warned that I might not be able to provide support for modified materials.

Q: I've got this strange urge to modify your scripts and redistribute them.

A: Please go ahead. Just try not to say something like, "I wrote the whole thing myself." and we're good.

Q: I'd like to port this over to a game in C++.

A: Feel free to port and modify it at will.

Q: I found a bug!

A: Please report it on the BBS.

Please describe the circumstances in which you came across the bug in detail.

Bugs are hard to fix if you don't know what caused them in the first place.

If you get an error, please report where or how the error happened as well as the error message that pops out.

Q: Can I use your materials for 15+ and 18+ (adult) games?

A: Sure thing! (・∀・) Hehe.

Q: Can I use this for shareware?

A: If I won't end up involved in some huge complicated mess, sure.
The English version translated by Mr. Bubble, but credit to Mr. Bubble is not necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

MooshraKun

Making Dreams Stand Up
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lokota
Finally I was wanting this script for Ace.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes this is what i been looking for but how does it work rp wise? can it be set up to gain from battles?

or is it lvl up only?

i'm no good with scripting right now so i dont understand most of what it says, can it be used to distributes spells and abilities?

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
yes this is what i been looking for but how does it work rp wise? can it be set up to gain from battles?

or is it lvl up only?
It's level up only but it can definitely be scripted or even evented to be gained from battles.

i'm no good with scripting right now so i dont understand most of what it says, can it be used to distributes spells and abilities?
No.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok um i dont really understand how to put the script in is their a tutorial for adding this script?

sorry for so many questions but i'm asking them as they come up

the instructions dont make that much sense

Zasian

Advanced N00B
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Below materials, above main in the script editor. Hit F11 (shortcut to the editor)

MooshraKun

Making Dreams Stand Up
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lokota
Also make sure its above main like so. If put below main the script is void. Outside of that its I would think if problems still occur it could be your project file or your computer. I could be wrong though I could be very wrong. Also are you using the trail version I here some problems with the trail version and adding scripts sometimes.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
After testing out the script, I can't seem to find a way to change the value of RP gained with each level up. The default amount appears to be 3. Any idea where I can go to change this? I figured this option would have been a no-brainer to add. Am I missing something?

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
After testing out the script, I can't seem to find a way to change the value of RP gained with each level up. The default amount appears to be 3. Any idea where I can go to change this? I figured this option would have been a no-brainer to add. Am I missing something?
I looked at the MaxRP formula description and realized it wasn't very obvious on what it does. I just updated the description:

Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Actor MaxRP Formula
# This setting determines the amount of RP Actors gain per level.
# Decimal results are ok and are automatically rounded to a whole number.
# Any proper Ruby mathmatical syntax may be used.
# ( ** is "to the power of" if anyone is wondering.)
#
# level : Actor's current level
MAXRP_EXP = "(level ** 0.25 + 2.0) * level"
You pretty much make your own formula for actors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Got it. Thank you. I was under the impression that the value would be the maximum amount you can get before you start spending.

For anyone else who may not understand... Setting this number to a single numeric value won't work. For instance, in order to have my points raise by 1 for each level gained, I'd have to put in "Level * 1" for the formula. Works a little differently than I originally thought.

DisturbedInside

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
oes anyone know what this is used for?

It keeps screwing with some other script (can't figure out which one).

But it makes loading a saved game impossible! o_O

Code:
module DataManager
  module_function
  # ● セーブ内容の展開
  class << DataManager
    unless method_defined?(:extract_save_contents_KMS_DistributeParameter)
	  alias extract_save_contents_KMS_DistributeParameter extract_save_contents
    end
  end
  def extract_save_contents(contents)
    extract_save_contents_KMS_DistributeParameter(contents)
    KMS_Commands.check_distribution_values
    Graphics.frame_reset
  end
end
for the time being, it doesn't seem to affect any aspect of my game (knock on wood) and commenting it out makes the save load...

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
You really shouldn't comment out things when you don't know what it would affect.

Do Ctrl + Shift + F in your script editor and search for any other scripts you're using that also modify extract_save_contents. Since this script aliases that method, you should put it below most of your other scripts in your script list. Otherwise, you need to find out what other script is causing it.

DisturbedInside

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
All right,

I checked all the scripts that I had that aliased

Code:
 extract_save_contents
but removing them all didn't have the desired effect...(the game still wouldn't load)

so I looked at something else:

I found that if I removed this line

Code:
#==============================================================================
# ■ DataManager
#==============================================================================
module DataManager
# module_function	 #<====== removed this one
# ● セーブ内容の展開
class << DataManager
unless method_defined?(:extract_save_contents_KMS_DistributeParameter)
	 alias extract_save_contents_KMS_DistributeParameter extract_save_contents
end
end
def extract_save_contents(contents)
extract_save_contents_KMS_DistributeParameter(contents)
KMS_Commands.check_distribution_values
Graphics.frame_reset
end
end
the game would load fine.....

Divaldi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I think i know what they mean but just to clarify, 

those "not yet supported parameters" means this script cannot affect those parameters, even if you give 'em formulas and stuff, right?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It means precisely that, though I'm looking to add their corresponding functionality into the script, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
All right,

I checked all the scripts that I had that aliased

extract_save_contentsbut removing them all didn't have the desired effect...(the game still wouldn't load)so I looked at something else:

I found that if I removed this line

#==============================================================================# ■ DataManager#==============================================================================module DataManager# module_function #<====== removed this one#--------------------------------------------------------------------------# ● セーブ内容の展開#--------------------------------------------------------------------------class << DataManagerunless method_defined?:)extract_save_contents_KMS_DistributeParameter) alias extract_save_contents_KMS_DistributeParameter extract_save_contentsendenddef extract_save_contents(contents)extract_save_contents_KMS_DistributeParameter(contents)KMS_Commands.check_distribution_valuesGraphics.frame_resetendendthe game would load fine.....

Were you trying to load a saved game that existed before you added this script to the game?

I think this chunk of script functions as the part that loads the parameter bonuses that you may have received from distributing points, thus, if you are trying to load a saved game that was there before, its trying to do stuff that doesn't currently exist in the save file.

Generally speaking, anytime you add a script of this magnitude, its probably a good idea that you start a fresh new file.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't make anything new yet, but I'm back addicted to writing some MZ plugins. Man, I wish I have more free time like I did 5 years ago.
Holy cow... work is demanding and I'm back in college. I'm kind of scared of my dad right now after the incident, but at least I don't live with him all the time. Anyway, working on Fandom Scouts and my FNAF character set. The FNAF sprites are actually going to be used in the game... unfortunately the enemy sprites are FNAF World traces, so no sharing those.
The honeymoon period is over with Cyberpunk 2077, It sadly doesnt live up to the hype, pretty graphics arent everything (especially when I cant even do something as simple as changing the radio station over!). Replaying Breath of the wild has reminded me what a good game really looks like, plus that one has good glitches!....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oo_K_DASH_oo