Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, looks like I missed a check when loading doodads that were created in a version without the new features. Just uploaded a fix, it should work correctly now. Let me know if there's any other problems

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, you're FAST. Works like a charm, thank you so very much!

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated the plugin to version 1.1 !

Changes:
  • Cleaned up some of the editor code to make it easier to add features to it in the future
  • Fixed a bug with Doodad positions when not in Test Play mode
  • Added support for Switches and Party Member checks from Yanfly's Extended Doodad Pack 1. There is now a third tab under the Doodad Edit Panel containing the new options. They will only show up if you have the Extended Doodad Pack 1 plugin active and loaded before the Knight Editor in your load order.

Get the updated files in the link in the original post, or here. Don't forget to also update the image folder, a few new images were added for the switch UI.

This should make for feature parity with everything Yanfly released for Doodads, so hopefully no more workarounds are needed now :)
@Kaelan Thank you for the update! Unfortunately, I can't select any doodads in the lower area with the update (for example, when I scroll). Only doodads up to a certain section can be selected.

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kaelan Thank you for the update! Unfortunately, I can't select any doodads in the lower area with the update (for example, when I scroll). Only doodads up to a certain section can be selected.
Oy, just tested here - this is happening to me too. Can't select doodads or folders that I have to scroll down to reach.

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahhh, another thing I missed. I made some changes to how the UI works to account for the new features, but it looks like I forgot to update the scrolling properties for that particular window. Should be fixed now!

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you so very much! The scroll is working now. :)

Lear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Not sure what I'm missing, but I can't get the editor to open in game testing. I think it recognizes it, because F10 wont open doodads at all with this script installed and enabled.

* Tried F10. Tried changing the the toggle key.
* Tried disabling everything except for yanflys scripts and KNT_Editor.
* Ensured the img/gui folder with its assets exists.
* Ensured the js/libs/pixi-filters.js exists. Ensured index.html includes the filters line.
* Ensured doodads folder did not have nested folders incase that may be an issue.

Any thoughts?

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have all of the settings correct for Yanfly's plugin? Can you load and use it fine without the Editor?

Are there any error messages in the console? (open it with F12, then reload your game with F5).

Lear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Grid free doodads works perfect/normal with KNT_Editor disabled. Only console error I'm getting is related to two fonts missing.

Attachments

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's probably why it's not working. Looks like your project is failing to load two fonts it's supposed to have. Have you edited your gamefont.css file?

Neither of those fonts are part of the editor, so it must be something specific to your project. By default the Editor loads whatever your default game font is set to.

Lear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Copied over the fonts from a previous project. The console error is gone, but still no dice. (The default game font loaded fine previously anywho, those were just assets from another project I hadnt moved over yet.)

I created a fresh project, using just yep-core, yep-doodads and knt_editor and it works correctly. This leads me to believe theres a conflict with one of yanflys other scripts, as the project im focusing on a good bit of them installed. Will update this post once I determine what the culprit was.

Thank you for your assistance.

::Edit:: Well, I am genuinely surprised this resolved the issue; I had it at the bottom of my script load order previously, but placing it directly under YEP_X_ExtDoodadPack1 resolved my issue.

::Edit2::
Found the culprit. YEP_KeyboardConfig prevents users from pulling up the editor.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this plugin looks really helpful, thank you for making it!

PresaDePrata

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Amazing work, Kaelan.

Ficou muito bom mesmo

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
::Edit2::
Found the culprit. YEP_KeyboardConfig prevents users from pulling up the editor.
Oh, I see the problem. Yanfly's Keyboard Config is completely overwriting the default input mapping, and his code doesn't check for F10, so if you load it first, it prevents my plugin from checking any keys he doesn't include in his key config.

I patched my plugin to check for YEP_KeyboardConfig. Now it should work regardless of load order.

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found two more little things that, when combined, cause an issue to me:
I use Hime's Pre-Title Events plugin to replace my game's title menu. I evented my title menu using Yanfly's Picture Common Events and Button Common Events to make pressing arrow keys cycle through images on screen, and clicking said images works too.

But when I load the game with your plugin on, the title menu goes completely unresponsive. Keys won't work, clicking mouse won't work. It's so bad that even the little X to close the test play doesn't work and I have to use Window's Task Manager to close it.
To me it was a no-brainer, I could just continue using the Skip Title plugin to test things, and switch your plugin off when I want the Title Menu to work, right?
Except that for some reason, now when your plugin is off, any map that was saved in it doesn't load any doodads at all anymore.

I have no idea what's causing this - I'm pretty sure that with a previous version, before the switches were working, I was turning your plugin on and off to have it off to set switches on with the Doodads Expansion, then switch that off and yours on to place the doodads, and that was working. But now if I save a map with your plugin, it needs to stay on for any doodads in that map to show up.

To add to the confusion, I don't know WHAT in my evented menu is bugging with your plugin: it's not Picture Common Events or Button Common Events, because when I test the game skipping title menu, those two plugins are working correctly with yours - I went into the map that I saved with your plugin, all doodads there with your plugin on, and I turned on and off my character's lantern with both mouse and keyboard (which I used Picture Common Events to trigger it with a little icon I placed on the screen, and Button Common Events to let the player use the lantern by hitting L on keyboard), and that worked with no problems. Which makes me think that... it might be something with Hime's Pre-Title events? But then I have no idea what would be incompatible between that by itself and yours.

My console when the title menu crash happens only shows this:
1587213070840.png

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The second thing isn't a bug: you're not supposed to ever turn the plugin off. If you edit a map with it, you should keep it on even outside of test play mode, so the map gets loaded correctly. If turning it on and off worked before, it was probably by accident - that was never meant to work. The plugin has changes to code for loading doodads, and if the plugin is off, there's no way for any of that to run.

The other issue, I'll have to look into more. Just setting up a basic configuration for Hime's Pre-Title Events works fine for me, loading it both before and after the editor plugin, so there's something else going on.

Sounds like something your project is doing in either Scene_Boot or Scene_Title is causing some conflict while loading, but I can't really tell what exactly is wrong from just that. If it's not any of the 3 previously mentioned plugins, then it might be some kind of image proloading plugin, or it could be something else. I'd check every plugin that runs on your title scene, and see if disabling any of them avoids the issue.

If you can't discover anything else about the problem, I might have to look at your project to see what's wrong.

Last edited:

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only thing I could find was that when I switch off SumRndmDde's SuperToolsEngine, I can close the game test window normally. But still, can't get the custom menu working.

I rebult the menu in a stripped down project, with only the plugins it needs to work plus your plugin and the two it needs, still the same problem - menu works with your plugin off, doesn't work with your plugin on.

I can send you that project - is it ok for me to send you a google drive link via private message?

Last edited:

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, that's fine. If you send it to me, I'll take a look at it and see what I can find

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much! Sorry it took me a while, I had to go afk for a while there.

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No worries. So...I found the problem. But it's a pretty lame problem. It's not really even an issue with the plugin or compatibility. It's...the chrome dev console. That's what was slowing everything down :kaolivid:

I don't really know why it would do that, but if I had to guess, it's doing some kind of extra work in the background to allow better debugging, and something in that big parallel process events becomes really slow when that happens. Maybe it's because evented script calls call eval(), which is normally already pretty slow.

You were getting that big slowdown with my plugin because I was always opening the dev console in test play mode by default. You can see the same thing happen if you disable my plugin and turn on the console from YEP_Core instead.

I suppose for now I'll just take that out of the plugin and let people open it on their own, or use something like YEP_Core to control it. I updated the plugin, but if you don't want to re-download it, all I did was remove lines 524~527.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We'll be doing another giveaway of MZ on the stream tomorrow! Thank you SykoGaming for contributing a copy for the community! :D
Sorry guys! Been away for long this time. Got attacked by my anxieties again. At least no more bedbugs. Got logged out of here and layout seems strange now a bit.
My old project is now a sitcom
How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memakegamemekillminority