AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whoa really? I didn't think something like that would be that heavy! My computer is a pretty beast, considering its age. Oy. I'd never have guessed something like this (but then again, I still can't believe I even evented that menu at all, I'm lousy at attempting any programming!)

Again, for the millionth time, thank you so much! I tested it here and it works well. (Now I'm wondering if this menu will work at all on slower computers...)

PresaDePrata

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just tried it, this is really a great job and a big time-saver.

I got a little bug, however. After you a place a doodad if you press CTRL+Z, it gives this error:kaelanVisualDoodadError01.png

It doesn't happens to all doodads. Floor doodads worked fine with CTRL+Z.

This was done using your master demo.

Last edited:

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just tried it, this is really a great job and a big time-saver.

I got a little bug, however. After you a place a doodad if you press CTRL+Z, it gives this error:View attachment 144205

It doesn't happens to all doodads. Floor doodads worked fine with CTRL+Z.

This was done using your master demo.
confirm

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same happens here.

I also get doodads disappearing a lot of the times that I try to move them with arrow keys.

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PresaDePrata I fixed the issues with Undo, it should no longer give an error if you try to Undo while placing a doodad.

I also went ahead and changed a bit about how it works. It can now Undo an unlimited amount of changes rather than just one. The Undo queue will reset if you go to a different scene (open a menu, transfer to a different map, etc).

@AfroditeOhki I haven't been able to reproduce that bug using the demo project. When does it happen? Is it any time you use the arrow keys or only in some specific situation?

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AfroditeOhki I haven't been able to reproduce that bug using the demo project. When does it happen? Is it any time you use the arrow keys or only in some specific situation?
I'll try with the new version first and see if it's still happening! Might be some incompatibility with another plugin though, I'm using a huge lot of them. I'll check tomorrow and let you know :)

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok tested - I don't know if it's incompatibility with another plugin, but in my game with all the plugins:
-Arrow key placement works correctly when it's a doodad immediately from the doodad list, not placed yet.
-With a doodad that's already placed (clicked on screen), either in this session of the editor or previously saved on the map, when I press an arrow key the doodad disappears. Not sure if it's deleting the doodad (I don't think so, as it remains selected in the Visual Doodads menu), but it's not visible at all anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not easy to find DS resources, is it? I need to make a good compilation thread linking to all the artists that do DS...
Spent a whole evening planning Stats, Animations, Abilities of 24 different weapons.. Only to realize I was just Bloating the Game. In the end i decided to stick with only 6.
Haven’t gotten over a mentor’s promotion. He deserves it, but he was the first person to be nice to me at work. It’s been hard for me to let him go.
So its confirmed MZ will have tile size locked at 48x48. So thats extremely lame. Still probably going to get it for the assets but Im gonna pout the whole time.
A friend used to ask why I don't colorize most of my drawings? The answer: I'm colorblind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
studiojap