Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated the plugin to v1.3! The only change this time around is the feature requested by @DarkSearinox92 : manual typing in the drop-down fields for Switches and Party Members.

This one took a little while to figure out how to do well, but I think the result was worth the trouble. The new input boxes have support for:
  • Copy & Paste
  • Autocomplete
  • Full UTF-8 support. You can type in any language, including IME support for languages like Japanese.
  • Input Validation - you get a warning bubble if you type a switch or actor that doesn't exist in your game.
Here's a short video showing it in action:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Updated the plugin to v1.3! The only change this time around is the feature requested by @DarkSearinox92 : manual typing in the drop-down fields for Switches and Party Members.

This one took a little while to figure out how to do well, but I think the result was worth the trouble. The new input boxes have support for:
  • Copy & Paste
  • Autocomplete
  • Full UTF-8 support. You can type in any language, including IME support for languages like Japanese.
  • Input Validation - you get a warning bubble if you type a switch or actor that doesn't exist in your game.
Here's a short video showing it in action:

Wooo this is SUPER AMAZING! You're great, really! I hope that this function will help everyone in comfort!

I will test it, thank you! :)

Godarkhaos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still an amazing menu! Now what switches are available I'mma use it for my next project :D
Is it normal that my mouse isn't visible when the menu's open though? :0

Godarkhaos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still an amazing menu! Now what switches are available I'mma use it for my next project :D
Is it normal that my mouse isn't visible when the menu's open though? :0
Fixed my issue :p

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't live without KE. :wub
Kaelan, I want to request a small compatibility.
I am using YEP_X_SelectionControl, and I cannot select all targets by clicking on the extra window during the battle, which is not very friendly to playing games with the mouse!
Can't click
QQ截图20200930082509.png

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you check the minimum set of plugins that causes the issue? Loading just KE, YEP_BattleEngineCore, YEP_TargetCore and YEP_X_SelectionControl, I can still click on the windows.

There might be another plugin causing problems

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, when I report a problem, I usually use the most basic plug-ins and original projects for testing.
I only used these few plug-ins, it still can’t be clicked, maybe you haven’t enabled doodads
QQ截图20200930225801.png

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I wasn't testing with YEP_CoreEngine, since everything worked fine without it. That's probably where the issue is. I'll take a look at it later today.

Edit: There was a minor compatibility issue with how our plugins were checking mouse input. We're basically doing the same thing but in a slightly different way, and it was causing a small conflict. Should be fixed now

Last edited:

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Kaelan, thanks for the fix, it works well now:)

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you clarify that a bit for me? You're getting a crash when using the event Show Text preview? As in from inside the editor, without even loading the game?

Unfeant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right, when using the "show text" preview inside the editor it crashes and the error appears.

Inside the game there is no problem with the messages, only inside the preview editor.

I'm sorry for my bad English, it's not my language.

And thank you very much for the support.

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's odd, because that error implies that the map is loading, but has an invalid map ID. But afaik that shouldn't even be happening during the message preview.

I don't get that error when using message previews myself. Can you check for plugin compatibility issues? My guess is there's some other plugin changing either how messages work or how map loading works that's leading to this problem.

Unfeant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Deactivate plugins that interacted with the map and the text, however I didn't get any results, just the same error.

When disabling the Yanfly GridFreeDoodads plugin, ExtDoodadPack1 and Knight Editor, the message preview works again.

"Show text" is not indispensable for me right now, its complement brings more benefits to my project.

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The issue wasn't in the Show Text preview, it was with the Event Test feature (ctrl+R). I updated the plugin with a fix, the editor won't load anymore during event test mode, so you shouldn't see that issue anymore

Unfeant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The issue wasn't in the Show Text preview, it was with the Event Test feature (ctrl+R). I updated the plugin with a fix, the editor won't load anymore during event test mode, so you shouldn't see that issue anymore
It's true, I explained the problem very badly.

Now it seems to be fixed, thank you very much Kaelan for your speed and support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made my own pizza. First critique, more chicken next time.
My pumpkin! Anyone like Fallout?

It's not terrible, but could be better. This thing took me over an hour to carve. :kaophew:

Dad's watching a WWII documentary while I work on some cool assets for my games. I just love RPG Maker!
Also Happy Halloween! Dad's friend won't be coming unfortunately, but Dad will still be taking me to Boxi Park to have some fun tonight! I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel of the show, and I'll be sure to post a link here.
"Nightmares exist outside of logic and there's little fun to be had in explanations. They're antithetical to the poetry of fear. In a horror story the victim keeps asking why, but there can be no explanation and there shouldn't be one..." - Stephen King
I feel people seek explanation and demand it sometimes in games, but in the horror genre, well, maybe you shouldn't have one. Silent Hill 1 comes to mind...
Managed to implement QSprite.

Always double check your plugin order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elvun