Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to, but the Visutella code is all obfuscated and closed-source, so it's hard to write anything compatible with it

Azineum

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow this looks masterfully done my friend.

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
You are a hero and your plugin is eleventh tier! I have some requests that would make my world if you were able to take their possibilites into consideration:

Is there any way to allow ZephyrFM's doodad rotation plugin to work with knight editor or implement rotation into your plugin itself?
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...yanfly-doodads-plugin-rotating-doodads.96528/

Can you allow anchor movement past the edges of the doodad? Maybe range from -10 to 10 instead of -1 to 1? I use blizards ultra mouse seven and this allows doodads to be lifted off the ground as well as placed in a way to do certain camera tricks, among ther things.

Allow for fine tuning of the sliders esp size and anchor placement?

And the big one... sub folders... :o
I understand if you don't take this one on and that it's been discussed but it would make my life so much easier.
-I'm fairly poor but may be willing to pay depending on the price.

(Bonus! Not quite a request but would be cool: ability to select, copy and paste multiple doodads at the same time retaining relative placement to each other. Preferably map to map. This would allow for prefab and set pieces to be used throughout the game or mrap)

Thanks in advance either way, I'm so glad this plugin exists!

-K

_TLiaD

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Another thing, I guarantee this plugin was missed by most people. There should be WAY more likes and replies You should give it its own official release post since you never did.

Last edited:

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a bit busy with work right now, but I'll take a look at it over the weekend. The rotation thing should be pretty easy to do.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi @Kaelan , i found a bug.

Firstly i added a doodad manually. Then i clicked on it, i selected "adapt grid" and then i tried to move it with drag and drop.

Crash

1617656978669.png

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 1.4 is out:

• Added Rotation to Doodad properties. It's hotkeyed to Q/E; the old Q/E hotkeys for scaling were changed to Z/X.
  • Fixed more compatibility issues with various input plugins, like Yanfly's Keyboard config.
  • Added support to modify some of the min/max/step slider values, in case you want values like Anchor, Scale or Grid Lock to go below the default min or above the default max. You can find the new settings in the plugin parameters. You can set them to whatever you want, though I'd recommend not setting the limits below the defaults or you might break your existing doodads.
@DarkSearinox92 I can't reproduce that bug, will need more information. Does it still happen in the new version? Does it still happen on a new project?

For the other stuff...
Probably won't be doing sub-folder support. You should be able to just make more folders on the top level directory.

Multi-select is doable, but it's a good bit of work, so I'll have to come back to it in a later version.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Version 1.4 is out:

• Added Rotation to Doodad properties. It's hotkeyed to Q/E; the old Q/E hotkeys for scaling were changed to Z/X.
  • Fixed more compatibility issues with various input plugins, like Yanfly's Keyboard config.
  • Added support to modify some of the min/max/step slider values, in case you want values like Anchor, Scale or Grid Lock to go below the default min or above the default max. You can find the new settings in the plugin parameters. You can set them to whatever you want, though I'd recommend not setting the limits below the defaults or you might break your existing doodads.
@DarkSearinox92 I can't reproduce that bug, will need more information. Does it still happen in the new version? Does it still happen on a new project?

For the other stuff...
Probably won't be doing sub-folder support. You should be able to just make more folders on the top level directory.

Multi-select is doable, but it's a good bit of work, so I'll have to come back to it in a later version.

Amazing update!

P.S. i retried now and it seems that it's working normally .-. well, better in this way.

P.S.S. You haven't changed the version number of the script >.< It's still 1.31

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Version 1.4 is out:

For the other stuff...

Sorry for the late praise and THANK YOU! Been away/ busy... However:

You are my HERO!

Thanks again for the great plugin. Can't wait to show some things. Here's a sneak peak:
TLiaD_Test-map01_05.png

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey Kaelan

This is gonna be a big one but don't pay attention to anything you don't feel like. Obviously.

Bugs:
-Undo decreases the X and Y size of Doodad options by .1 each time you undo.
-Smooth button doesn't always turn off/on the effect
-If all image previews have not loaded and folder is switched the editor will not find the remaining pngs and will need reset
-some parameters skip numbers when using slider

Suggested Fixes:
-When placing a doodad with brighten blend mode the effect is brighter than actual effect after placement. (actual representation helps with map making.)
-Often impossible to select placed Doodad without deleting or moving other Doodads that are taking selection priority.
(Fix?: Allow hotkeys for previous or next doodad? A search doodads function or list?)
-Maybe a key for more precise movement/parameter change? (The Increased speed hotkey seems less necessary)
-Allow for parameters to go down to hundredths instead of just tenths (could be a toggle or plugin parameter edit)
-some parameters skip numbers when increasing/decreasing
-Allow for clicking parameter arrows up and down for single increments
-allow for increase to anchor positions (and more precision PLEASE)
-Base snapping to grid on game/editor positioning. Like 480x 480y will be at corner of 10th and 10th tile (well 479 by 479. wtf rpg maker). 24 snap will always be half tile. (seems arbitrary and sometimes changes sporadically when moving or doodad to doodad.)
-delete confirmation toggle? or even doodad lock toggle?
-Automatic jitter settings? (separate options for color tones, size and rotation? jitter intensity sliders) (This one especially is not a super serious request)
-Brightness/contrast? hue shift?
-manual input of x y location for placement

You are amazing and I'm sorry if this comes off as anything else but LOVE for the product!

Question: would it be/is it possible to switch between main doodad folder in single project without screwing up already placed doodads or anything else? Having separate doodad folders for different maps?

THANKS friend! For your time, effort and amazing plugin!

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried the demo project in MV 1.6.1, and I'm getting 'NaN' values for anchor, scale, and grid lock.
iSdoHG8.png

Any idea why this is happening?

(also the bat random encounter crashes because it's missing bat.png)

EDIT: ah, okay, so I have to disable ultra mode seven if I want those features to work

double EDIT: Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to fossilize this, since Knight.EditorHTMLTextInput looks for the now non-existant uppercanvas, and I don't think I can easily inject new code into the class. Maybe I just don't understand those well enough.

@Kaelan, any chance you'd be willing to take a poke at making this work using the original doodads plugin with fossil?

Last edited:

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll look at some of those requests this weekend

Currently don't have plans to support MZ, it would require a rebuild of a lot of things, and the Yanfly plugin itself changed and is closed source, so it would be more work than I have time for right now. Maybe in the future

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Currently don't have plans to support MZ, it would require a rebuild of a lot of things, and the Yanfly plugin itself changed and is closed source, so it would be more work than I have time for right now. Maybe in the future
That's absolutely fair.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
VisuStella released their own port of Yanfly's Doodads for MZ.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VisuStella released their own port of Yanfly's Doodads for MZ.
which as kaelan said at the top of this page, is obfuscated and thus extremely difficult to make any extensions for

Knight editor is a real upgrade to MV doodads, so I was hoping I could the knight editor to work in MZ as well, since I already have YEP doodads working with fossil. Sadly I don't understand classes enough to really do that.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
which as kaelan said at the top of this page, is obfuscated and thus extremely difficult to make any extensions for

Knight editor is a real upgrade to MV doodads, so I was hoping I could the knight editor to work in MZ as well, since I already have YEP doodads working with fossil. Sadly I don't understand classes enough to really do that.
I believe hudell's cyclone editor is compatible but I haven't checked the interplay between them all going simultaneously yet.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyway looks like I actually *can* get it to work, I just need to quickly switch the gameCanvas id to UpperCanvas during the exact moments the plugin is looking for it

Xfsp68q.png

I'll see if I can get the UI as good on MZ as it is on MV. This is a great tool so I hope more people will be able to use it :)

EDIT:
seems to be working, I'll push it to github
QtdSgn7.png

Last edited:

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

A couple more I forgot to mention:

Question#1: This would be huge,
A: Allowing choosing coordinates of where to place doodads when importing from another map. Like, choosing imported doodads origin as 48x, 240y instead of defaulting at 0x, 0y.
B: when importing doodads from another map: option to not clear current doodads or require manually clearing of map instead of automatically doing so.
(Both A and B would need to be implemented in tandem for most useful effect.) (I know importing doodads as is, is super simple and allowing for these changes is a lot less simple. But if actually possible would allow for prefab creation and boost the raw creative power of doodad editing by a factor of one million give or take.)

Question #2: Would it even be possible to change the Z coordinate of a doodad's anchor? There's a few behaviors that could be taken advantage of when using Ultra Mode 7 (the most obvious would be always having a doodad appear in front of another no matter the angle viewed from. Not just appearing in front by layer order but appear between you and the anchor, in space, from any angle.)

Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulio999