Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey do you have any plans to RETRO Huddell's Cyclone plugins?
wrong person and thread for that, I'm afraid - check with drakkonis

Anyway, to keep this on topic, one feature that I added in my own project is making animated doodads start from the beginning when they're revealed (after a switch flips or whatever in extended doodads pack). This is useful if you want to use doodads to place small sprite animations on your map.
It's a pretty straightforward change, just alias
Sprite_Doodad.prototype.updateCustomEDP1Z
and add this at the end
Code:
if(this.opacity == 0){this._index=0}

It might be a useful feature to add to knight editor.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@Kaelan

Hi friend, i ask to you a little enhancement for improvement/quality of life thing for your plugin.

I've clashed several times with the problem that, if you need to move a doodads pixel by pixel with the lateral panel opened of course, for have all necessaries info, and you are at the right of the screen, you are not able to work properly with informations, because the panel go on your map.

Is it possible add a button that permit to you to move the side bar to right or left, at your convenience, to avoid this problem? or maybe do it automatically if you go to the half right of the screen, or to the half left to the screen maybe...

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question #2: Would it even be possible to change the Z coordinate of a doodad's anchor? There's a few behaviors that could be taken advantage of when using Ultra Mode 7 (the most obvious would be always having a doodad appear in front of another no matter the angle viewed from. Not just appearing in front by layer order but appear between you and the anchor, in space, from any angle.)

If you want a Doodad always in front of another Doodad, that's exactly what the layer order is for

Is it possible add a button that permit to you to move the side bar to right or left, at your convenience, to avoid this problem? or maybe do it automatically if you go to the half right of the screen, or to the half left to the screen maybe...

Click on the minimize button on the toolbar

-When placing a doodad with brighten blend mode the effect is brighter than actual effect after placement. (actual representation helps with map making.)

Change the Doodad Selection Effect setting in the plugin manager to "No Change"

Maybe a key for more precise movement/parameter change? (The Increased speed hotkey seems less necessary)

I don't understand this question. You can already move objects by single pixels. You want more precision than that?

Base snapping to grid on game/editor positioning. Like 480x 480y will be at corner of 10th and 10th tile (well 479 by 479. wtf rpg maker). 24 snap will always be half tile. (seems arbitrary and sometimes changes sporadically when moving or doodad to doodad.)

Grid Lock settings are global, they're not attached to specific doodads. They don't affect any data on the doodad itself, it's purely a UI convenience that adjusts how far the doodad moves when you drag it.

delete confirmation toggle? or even doodad lock toggle?

Undo will bring back items you've deleted by accident. Adding a confirmation dialogue would make editing more cumbersome than necessary

Automatic jitter settings? (separate options for color tones, size and rotation? jitter intensity sliders) (This one especially is not a super serious request)

I don't know what you mean by jitter, but you can already edit size, rotation and color tone and copy those settings across doodads

Brightness/contrast? hue shift?

Color Tones are a replacement for hue shift. I removed it because it's an expensive operation, you don't want dozens of Doodads doing it. There are no properties in sprites to edit brightness or contrast directly, you'd have to use a pixi filter to do it.

I'm doing it right now on the currently selected doodad for the selection effect, but the filter is immediately removed once it's no longer selected, and not saved as part of the map. Permanently attaching filters to doodads could have some pretty major performance issues if you had a lot of them, like hue shifts.

Last edited:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Click on the minimize button on the toolbar

Yes, but if i minimize the toolbar, x-y details disappear. I don't want to close the toolbar, because if we need to move an object for X-Y pixel, you will never see it...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

51F2AC5E-A605-446E-9439-D77AA6A0B0ED.pngAdded console to my content thread here
Sweet nostalgia. My fave Final Fantasy game.
Steam page is now live!
1632768058957.png
just discovered thig game called Willowbrooke Post... beautiful artstyle if I do say so myself... does anyone know what this kind of style is called??
In one of my game projects, I am working on an arena where you can fight combatants or bet on monsters, and, man, it is taking so long, lmao. I do not think that it helps that I am using an evented combat system with a lot of things that I have to edit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
switchstone