RM2k/3 Knights of Gaia (New Demo Now Available!)

Should the game be completed? Would you buy it?

• Nah, not for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stranga

Stranga
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3

SYNOPSIS
The game will function exactly like a JRPG. I am using the game Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals as a basic idea/concept for designing Knights of Gaia (It's my favorite RPG of all time!). It uses a front view battle system with custom special skills. I want to give this game a kid or 90's style anime feel and look, sorta like the ones I grew up watching back in 91! I do eventually would like to add it to Steam along with my other games as it will be a commercial game.

All graphics, tilesets, charsets and battle images I'll be using are my own. I design and make everything in Aseprite. P.S all music and most sounds used are the default RPG2003 for the time being until I make my own.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS (ALL NEW!)

CHARACTERS
JHET
The Main Guy! Jhet is the new guy in town and here to save the world of Gaia! Little does he know, he'll be sharing his adventures with his newly owned chicken and sidekick Babes!
BABES:
One hell of a hen! And yes he's a male. Babes is Jhet's magical talking chicken. Babes will be accompanying Jhet on is adventures to help guide and teach him about Gaia as well as table manners!

STORYLINE/PLOT
The story consists f the knights of Gaia. Knights were chosen by the planet to defend the planet for the evil foes that inhabit it. There's a catch, the planet can choose anyone and luckily enough for Jhet and Babes won the Gaia lottery! Watch them unfold the mystery of being chosen as well as them defeat the evil that plan to dominate Gaia!

DOWNLOAD LINK

UPDATES
I know this is late but I want to add updates to the top of the thread also.

Update 1
Working on End of Demo cutscene:

Update 2
Working on New Town Port Ataria:

Last edited:

Stanley

Nobody, Joystrike Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I liked the premise and concept very much.:kaohi: Get on with it! :kaosalute:

GamerID

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you don't finish this game, I will find you....you know the rest. :)

Stranga

Stranga
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
:kaoswt:...I better get to work on it then!

GamerID

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, yes you should haha. I love classics and the humor in this is something game makers have left out for a long time. I'm glad to see someone bringing it back. I will be looking forward to updates.

Stranga

Stranga
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
First update! I know it's a small thing but hopefully I can have more done when I have more time.
Made a new text box! Trying to make it look less like RPG Maker...if that makes sense.

GamerID

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It already doesn't look like rpg maker :)

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice project you got going. I like the art style, the characters in particular.

Stranga

Stranga
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hey guys thanks for the kind words! Here's a quick update and look at Snes Castle! (Yes I know SNES ha...ha...) :kaoswt:

Stranga

Stranga
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
UPDATE:
Hey everyone! Just another quick update before I go to bed. It's the cutscene when Jhet meets the king! Which also means the demo is getting closer to completion!

GamerID

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can this be complete already so I can buy it. This should be on all consoles. It looks so epic.

Stranga

Stranga
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
UPDATE
Hey everyone, I'm getting very close to the end of the demo! All I have left to do is the music and one more boss fight and cutscenes (still may release it with RPG2003 music.). I also wanted to say once the demo is out I will no long be making frequent updates here but on my Pateron (if anyone would like to help support me). I'll still be making major updates here, just not as frequent.

Here is a sneak peak at the demo's last cutscene! Let me know how it looks :guffaw:

Stranga

Stranga
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hey everyone, I have all new tasty screenshots for you! I've also updated to original post with them too. I am drawing near the completion of the demo and will hopefully be releasing it by this coming weekend.

Here's what's in store for the demo ;)

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS (ALL NEW!)

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Downloaded it, but not sure how to start playing, can you give me a tutorial? Sorry. :p

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. Gonna start playing presto!

Last edited:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Played the demo! Enjoyed it very much, love the art style and the humor, but it also has some more serious sides. :)
However there were a couple of mistakes or things I would of added to make the experience more enjoyable:
-when you hold don the space bar the 'I clicked on something' sound keeps repeating
-spell error: "You had me a 'Journey For Gaia'..." ('a' should be 'at')
-in the cave you can walk on left side of empty space next to bridge (the slime that it near there can do it too)
-if head back to town Babes tells you to check your equipment again-EVERYTIME you go to leave or enter the town it happens
-be nice if you were rewarded for exploring/cool if could interact with more things (for example I found you could enter houses but there was nothing to interact with in them, felt kind of pointless)
-needs tutorials on how game works (for new players who haven't played an RPG before or who just don't know how to play)
-got confused on where to go after talking to the king (maybe say go north of here or something) wasn't sure if I wast supposed to fight the bull boss right away since Jhet said it was the 'last' trial

Overall, still a very fun experience, sorry for the long list of things to fix. I would definitely buy this game once it's completed and recommend it to my friends! :D

Stranga

Stranga
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
@SmashArt Thanks for trying the demo! Thanks for pointing out those errors! I knew there would be some.
- The space bar sound effect was just w cheap way to make dialog sounds, I'll have to think a way around it rather than adding it to every text.
- There is actually some searchable objects inside the houses which give you items (I will be adding plenty more)
- A tutorial would be a great idea!
Thank you again for playing and leaving your feed back! I will attend to fixing these issues as soon as I can. :cutesmile::thumbsup-right:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much
Uh, I'm probably overthinking this, but I think that some of my music sounds kinda...bad?
The melodies are just sort of awkward, and don't flow.
I'm really not sure what to do. Why am I even worrying about this? I don't even have a battle system yet!
And the Lord said, let there be lighting effects! And there were lighting effects! And it was good...ish? Might tweak this some more.
Today was a day of good things! Thank you fate! I pray to the darkness that those that read this will enjoy a good day as well! Power to the gam mak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lopilon