8-BitNovels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just like the title says, do you guys know of any RPG Maker content creators.
When I say "content creators", I don't mean ones that showcase their plugins and all,
However, I'm referring to content creators as in ones that create videos on reviewing games.
More specifically RPG Maker games.
Big or small, it'll be appreciated.

I understand my game probably won't get accepted for a review in later developments, but it's better to have a try then not do anything I guess >.>

Hopefully this thread is useful to anyone else who stumbles upon it :)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
In our Maker Casual subforum, there's a ton of Let's Players. Not sure how many are still active, but it's worth a try.
Studio Blue streams games on Monday for this forum. You can find more information here.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was setting up to start reviewing and Let's Playing, even indie RPG Maker created games, but I lost everything in a house fire and flood. However! I get my new apartment next week, so I'll be able to do what I want when I get all set up. Then I'd be happy to try to record for your game.

8-BitNovels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was setting up to start reviewing and Let's Playing, even indie RPG Maker created games, but I lost everything in a house fire and flood. However! I get my new apartment next week, so I'll be able to do what I want when I get all set up. Then I'd be happy to try to record for your game.
I hope things turns out fine for you.

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's everyone I'm aware of:
  1. Nicholas Watson
  2. Yorkshire Pud
  3. NeoSoulGamer
  4. DutchPowerCreations
  5. Hard Reset
  6. Hawkzombie
  7. ToastyTime
  8. FleshToDust
  9. Driftwood Gaming
  10. Studio Blue

Note: I became aware of most of these through Nikorasu's (Nicholas Watson's) review video on RPG Maker let's players: (linked below)

There are two points I'd like to add here:
  • Make sure the let's player you're asking to review/play your game, is someone who would be interested in playing your type of game. (If they like gameplay a lot. Don't ask them to review a game that involves mostly story and no gameplay.) Else, they would give it a bad review.
  • You can also make a let's play of your own game, as a dev. (Just wanted to mention that this option exists as well.)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also make sure they give proper feedback too. In my experience I've seen Hawkzombie, Studio Blue, Driftwood and Fleshtodust do a good job on that. Toasty I barely know though as I found him around the time he decided to take a break from RPGMaker games.

Sadly some LP'ers try to make a living of trolling games badly. You will not get anything good out of those.

Edit: JackofallOps is taking requests for November games now BTW, if you want the link to how to contact him let me know and I'll send it via PM.

8-BitNovels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: JackofallOps is taking requests for November games now BTW, if you want the link to how to contact him let me know and I'll send it via PM.
Once again, thank you for answering my endless questions >.>
And yes, I'll love that thanks :)

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since I've been frequenting these forums, I've watched a lot of FleshToDust's LP videos. I think this is because he goes onto the Games In Development forum to find demos, makes a video, and then actually posts it onto the developer's post string. I also watched at least one of his videos which the developer had requested him to play (and he did not hold back his criticism).

I hope he's still making LPs by the time I finish a demo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derma188