Indie Developer, All-in-one artist.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello, using messagecore, messageevaltext and keynameentry i got this dilemma:

in eval text i cannot do new line by enter like bottom example, cause don't work the evaltext syntax.

plus, i cannot use apostrophes cause this is a syntax key.

plus i cannot use \n for new line.
any suggestion?

\evalText<<['Type in this characters name.
Press \c[6]ENTER\c[0] when youre done.

-or-

Press the \c[6]arrow keys\c[0] to switch
to manual character entry.
Press \c[6]ESC\c[0] to use to keyboard.','Tell me your wish.'][$gameVariables.value(31)]>>

EDIT: I solved in a different way:
\evalText<<$gameVariables.value(28)[$gameVariables.value(32)]>>

using variables inside eval text i managed to use the \n but with this method the \c[]code does not work, so i ended up with a different solution;
still using variables, still using \n, i managed to use the \x1b code to let the script recognize the " \ " as plain text(for command purpose) letting the whole text become readable as a command :

this is an array:

[" Type the desired name.\n\n To confirm press:\n \x1bc[6]ENTER\x1bc[0]\n -or-\n \x1bc[6]Arrow Keys\x1bc[0]\nTo manually set inputs.","\x1bc[4]\n\n\nTell Me Your Wishes."]

note the " \x1bc[6]ENTER\x1bc[0] " code behavior.

if someone need more info just pm me ^_^

Last edited:

Xyonel

Indie Developer, All-in-one artist.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

@Xyonel In the future, if you solve a problem like this yourself, please post the solution before requesting the topic be closed, so that anyone looking up the same issue on the forums can see the solution in your thread! I'm guessing the answer to this particular problem was adding an extra escape character ( \ ), though.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
UPDATE: @Xyonel was kind enough to inform me that the answer was not an extra backslash (escape character), but rather the use of a different code. Temporarily unlocking this thread so we can get some extra info here for when users look up the problem.

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

welp, I literally can't continue working on ALEX now that my MZ trial is up (unless I somehow place in the jam which I don't remotely deserve to for my unfinished crap) so I am back on my bullshit
some test stuff. Empty for now. My other project (this project) needs more attention. The lagging really kicks up when I try to capture gameplay. ✨
Real-Time Battles, Pixel Filter, Animate Cursor & Menus & Windows | RPG Maker News #114

When your side job becomes more interesting than your dayjob and you think "do I quit again or finally actually do the same thing for more than five consecutive years..." I don't think I'll ever be able to say that though, I just cannot stick with one thing like you're 'supposed to'.
Does the word "research" imply that you're searching for something that had been found before?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mvkgant