Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uh, it seems the advanced plugin is still V1.633 for some reason :/
Hey! I think I just forgot to update the version number, but just incase I forgot to update it in general, I've uploaded V1.71 with the correct version :)

Scorchlicious

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! I think I just forgot to update the version number, but just incase I forgot to update it in general, I've uploaded V1.71 with the correct version :)
Nope, it was the old one, the new one has all the bug fixes :)
There are still two more bugs though - 1st is that the player follow mode setting still makes it a bit bigger than it should be, and the second one.. well, look below :/
Also, as a suggestion for a future update, would it be possible to have a map scene (like the equipment scene, status scene, etc)? Ideally where you could see waypoints on the map (a dot/circle/image that you can click on that makes a box with the waypoint's name appear)? :)

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

castiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope, it was the old one, the new one has all the bug fixes :)
There are still two more bugs though - 1st is that the player follow mode setting still makes it a bit bigger than it should be, and the second one.. well, look below :/
Also, as a suggestion for a future update, would it be possible to have a map scene (like the equipment scene, status scene, etc)? Ideally where you could see waypoints on the map (a dot/circle/image that you can click on that makes a box with the waypoint's name appear)? :)

1.72 is up now, should fix that error :)

And that is a fine suggestion, the map book is close to this, but i will look into allowing a clickable interface of waypoints.

And about your minimap configuration, are you using the "default game border" setting to use your current system border, or are you using my built in colored border?

Scorchlicious

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1.72 is up now, should fix that error :)

And that is a fine suggestion, the map book is close to this, but i will look into allowing a clickable interface of waypoints.

And about your minimap configuration, are you using the "default game border" setting to use your current system border, or are you using my built in colored border?
I'm using your border system with 0 thickness and behind the minimap is a picture that acts as a border for the minimap :p
NVM, it's fixed (when you go near the edge of the map the minimap starts being transparent from the edge onward, meh), but a new problem arose: the player indicator movement is extremely choppy (I'm using QMovement w pixel movement so it looks really odd)

Last edited:

castiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using your border system with 0 thickness and behind the minimap is a picture that acts as a border for the minimap :p
NVM, it's fixed (when you go near the edge of the map the minimap starts being transparent from the edge onward, meh), but a new problem arose: the player indicator movement is extremely choppy (I'm using QMovement w pixel movement so it looks really odd)
I haven't actually tested with 0 thickness, that may have something to do with it!

I don't get much time to test my changes but I think I resolved the choppy movement in 1.73 :)
Thank you for your reports on the bugs!

Scorchlicious

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't actually tested with 0 thickness, that may have something to do with it!

I don't get much time to test my changes but I think I resolved the choppy movement in 1.73 :)
Thank you for your reports on the bugs!
Also, could you add an option to disable the opacity reduction when standing behind the minimap? Thanks :)

castiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can do that, Ill update it soon as i can and add another parameter to disable the map going transparent while behind it :)

twosnakes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is a glorious plugin! Works really well so far as I integrate it into my project. Just have 2 questions.

Is there any way to tint the minimap image (in picture mode)?

And is there a way to control the scaling of drawing events using <KoTC Minimap>?

castiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is a glorious plugin! Works really well so far as I integrate it into my project. Just have 2 questions.

Is there any way to tint the minimap image (in picture mode)?

And is there a way to control the scaling of drawing events using <KoTC Minimap>?
Very happy that you like the map! Right now the size of map icons scales with the size of the ingame map, and theres not currently a way to tint it, but these sound like good ideas!
Ill add the ability to tint the map as well as icons if one wishes, and to set the base scale of map icons, as well as the magnitude of the auto scaling with the size of the map :)

twosnakes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would be awesome, thanks for all your hard work!

It would appear that all events are being drawn in my project, regardless if there is a note tag or not.
Anyway to have a note tag to disable specific events from being drawn? It's causing problems with some events that I use for lighting/mapping purposes. I tried <KoTC Minimap: test 0> but didn't work :(

castiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would be awesome, thanks for all your hard work!

It would appear that all events are being drawn in my project, regardless if there is a note tag or not.
Anyway to have a note tag to disable specific events from being drawn? It's causing problems with some events that I use for lighting/mapping purposes. I tried <KoTC Minimap: test 0> but didn't work :(
You are welcome!

I've not been able to reproduce this issue through testing.
You will have to upload a miniproject representing the issue if possible because this is a very unique one and i'd like to resolve it for you, and anyone else having it!

twosnakes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok I think I figured it out. OrangeMapShot plugin was automatically drawing all events to the bitmap. Didn't realize it did that, I thought that function was only relevant when taking an actual screenshot.

Disabled it and it fixed that issue (plugin order didn't matter).

Drawing events using <KoTC Minimap> works as advertised for me now! I apologize for the report my friend. I excitedly look forward to map tinting and event scaling!

Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps a minor nitpick, but the image beacons that track the locations of both events and the player don't line up exactly right on the map. Any chance you could patch this? :kaoswt2:
1641085835908.png

castiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps a minor nitpick, but the image beacons that track the locations of both events and the player don't line up exactly right on the map. Any chance you could patch this? :kaoswt2:
Hey there! Thanks for reporting this, ill patch this soon as possible, i want you and everyone else to have the best minimap experience :)

twosnakes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Disabling the minimap and returning to the same map causes the minimap to show just a black screen for me. I'll try forcing a refresh next time I work my project.

twosnakes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is there a way to disable/enable minimap icons(drawing of events)?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think after I get this game done, I'm going to take a long vacation from game development. It feels great to see the coding skills get better and it is fun - but god it is also so exhausting.
Just advertising that I released version 0.9 of my game yesterday, for feedback purposes. My first game or creative endeavor ever :D Would be cool if someone tries it out!
An overall view of my full set of sprites so far, this was really fun to work in this past year! :kaopride:
1653056206274.png

Even though the game is cancelled, I'm still doing art in my spare time and seeing how it'd look.

It's a lot of fun. Wish I could be an artist!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RiShel