Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
KSkillMax XP

by Kyonides Arkanthes

Introduction

This script allows you to set a limit to the number of skills a hero may learn and keep for use in battles a la Pokemon but the menu looks and works in a different fashion. Actually, it originally looked more like any default menu than anything else but I have slightly redesigned it in the latest version. Besides the player may select which learned skills will be replaced with new ones IF the player ever wants any of them to be replaced. There's no problem if the player may prefer to replace just a few or even none of them.

It's a Plug & Play script but it's still possible to change its settings by checking and editing most of the Constants found in the KSkill module.

It's also available for VX Ace!

OPTIONAL: Here's a way to manually increase a hero's extra skills limit at any given time. That limit will never be less than zero anyway.

Code:
$game_party.actors[INDEX].extra_skills += NUMBER GREATER THAN ZERO
$game_party.actors[INDEX].extra_skills -= NUMBER GREATER THAN ZERO
$game_actors[ID].extra_skills += NUMBER GREATER THAN ZERO
$game_actors[ID].extra_skills -= NUMBER GREATER THAN ZERO
Or you can increase it by 1 if you equip a certain accessory.
They've told me that's how Persona works.

Download DEMO

Terms & Conditions

Free for any game.
Include my nickname in your credits.
Mention this forum as well.
Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 2 of my scripts! :p

Last edited:

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Important Bug Fix

A fellow forumer reported some bug concerning the skill limit so I have uploaded a new demo that includes its corresponding fix. I hope you all will like or even love my scriptlet. :p

To the mod:
Thanks, but I wonder why it disappeared temporarily preventing me from editing the topic. o_O it was confusing.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

No vaccine till at least spring 2021. Have not seen our parents since Dec 2019. But at least we can phone each other. How is everyone else's situation?
:( ... sigh, having trouble knowing where to draw highlights. Novice pixel artist issues.
Hey there folks. I've got this game I've been working on story & design for over a few years. Trying out MZ to prototype it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KUTSHKY