Kyonides KSkillMax XP & VX for VX Ace

redcachalot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The trouble with VX Ace in the later stages of a game during battles the player has to shift through a ton of learned attack skills inorder to select the desired action.
This really slows down the gameplay , especially during Boss Battles.

This is a useful script that can limit the number of skillls learned by an actor in an intuitive fashion.

It is available here:
https://rpgmaker.net/scripts/758/

Sadly, this was made for XP and VX.
Could the script be updated for VX Ace's RGSS3?

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Well, I can't make you any promises since you're not the only one asking me to work on a specific script but I'll see if I can get a chance to port it to VX Ace as well.

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I was working on the XP version and I added the possibility to get an extra skill slot if an accessory is equipped. It's not mandatory to use it anyway. I dunno if that sounds interesting enough for you as to add it to a future VX Ace version of my script...

redcachalot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was working on the XP version and I added the possibility to get an extra skill slot if an accessory is equipped. It's not mandatory to use it anyway. I dunno if that sounds interesting enough for you as to add it to a future VX Ace version of my script...
It's always quite intriguing to have more options than the older script did! Please include it!

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I have uploaded a new demo featuring KSkillMax XP version 1.3.01 and a script that you might test on VX Ace if you first download the XP demo to grab its pictures. :p

redcachalot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have uploaded a new demo featuring KSkillMax XP version 1.3.01 and a script that you might test on VX Ace if you first download the XP demo to grab its pictures. :p
Thank you Kyonides!
It works like a charm in the demo!

Yet, after getting the Actor to level up against random encounters in the demo, a dialogue box does appear saying that the Actor has leveled up, yet the KSkillMaxScene window does not automatically appear after the battle.

The script call SceneManager.call(KSkillMaxScene) works just fine from the event, but I would not want players to be restricted to just NPC events outside of battle!

Why?
Because with the current version of the script, the player has to rush back to the designated NPC event to edit their skill set every time they learn a new skill! That's quite cumbersome for the player.

It would be more streamlined if the KSkillMaxScene window automatically appeared after the Actor levels up in battle, hence regardless of where the player is in the game, they can edit their skills set at their leisure.

Yeah I know that if the KSkillMaxScene window appeared after EVERY battle, it would be really annoying.

So I'd just want the KSkillMaxScene window to automatically appear ONLY after the Actor levels up in a battle.

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I see, well, I gotta admit I didn't really touch the battle part of the default scripts, plus it'd also depend if your custom battle system is compatible with the default one or not...
Not every single time a hero levels up means he or she has learned a skill so...

redcachalot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No Problem, just get it working for the default battle system, that's all, no matter how long it takes, because this script is too good to not use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I guess if you're just going solo dev, minimize features is better choice.
As close as possible, now I draw all of them with little by little needle sticking.
Welp, back to the drawing board...
Ami
--- Overused ---

Hero: (Drink 3 HP Bottle L)
F.Healer: Don't drink too much,or you got sick!
Hero: Nah,i'm okay. it's the way to repleni---
(Hero Collapse)
Hero: (Weak) Ugh...my head (Coughing Then Vomiting)
F.Healer: I told you to don't Drink 3 HP Bottle L or you're Sick. Let's go to Doctor.
Shaking off the dust. Clearing the cobwebs. Time to get back to gam-mak!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matkacharts