Labirynth Clock Riddle - Have you ever met with that?

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not a thread asking for implementation that mechanic in game self, but question about have you ever met with that kind of riddle...

I'm getting straight forward to it, because last night I was dreaming I was in big labirynth, parallax labirynth (each and every doors leaded
to starting point, always.)

The only thing I remember from that dream is clock on wall and envelope with 4 number in it: 1,7,8,3 and setting analog clock to 2:07 (view) then the whole maze reshaped showing exit in direction where small clock arrow was pointing.

So I'm asking whetter you saw something simmilar it's just some crap I came up while sleeping? Or if exists that kind of riddle what key is it to solve it?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A variant of that idea was used in a book called "the first book of swords" or something like that. The center of the labyrinth was rotating, so the different corridors only linked up to the exit once per turn of the (large) center.

The problem with using something like this in a game is that if the clock is not real, it is just a series of switches (and I think there are a few games where switches under the cover of clocks are use).
But if the clock is real, then you'll force the player to wait before he can continue playing as he can only continue at certain moments. and if there is one thing that players hate is waiting, they'll usually drop the game when it comes to this.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar In my case there weren't anything related with waiting, you just wander in
maze with no options to leave, you could only leave after setting a clock to a specific hour by given numbers.

But understand your reply perfectly. It bothers me only that key is with numbers I gave to hour 2:07. It's not a ghost hour according to folklores, because it's between 3:00 and 4:00.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not really a clock based labirynth , but more similair, where 3-4 pathwas, but all leading to start unless you
have a person know the way or have a specific skill.

1 of it is in the game "Golden Sun". I'm not sure if its in all 3 or 2 of them.
but there are more similair kinds, but I love the idea.

Maybe I can see what riddle/puzzle I can create with it like a maze and clock or whatever.
But there are also many possibilities to make this kind labirynth or maze with different switches.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can remember FF6 used that clock puzzle slightly in the thief town, it involved setting some specific times to unlock doors, I think. I'm not sure if there was any significance with the times used. Also, FF7 used a clock room with minute and hour hands, inside the materia temple, that required you to spin the hands to make different paths to rooms. Other than those, I cannot think of any specific clock-type puzzles I've seen. Not sure if that helps you or not.:LZYsmile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)
Things I thought would never happen but just did: I needed to use my snow shovel. In August. In the Northern Hemisphere.
So I finished Cupcake, now I need to figure out my next project!
Do I pick up one of my incomplete games?
Do I start something entirely new???
The possibilities are endless!
Am I the only one who keeps thinking TPBS means "Turn Press Battle System" and not "Time Progress Battle System?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belphe89