Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Synopsis

Labyronia is a traditional, story-driven RPG focused on partly non-linear progression and exploration in a large and original world. Advancing in the world and puzzle solving requires critical thinking at times, even though most puzzles and environmental hazards are fairly simple to overcome. The game's core challenges lie in overcoming certain large rough road maps, and surviving the strategic boss battles on the way. To gain more skills, the player must utilize the super-simple, but elegant Cue system. The storyline starts slowly, but should be emotion-inducing.

A brief introduction

The Labyrinths. Maze-like structures consisting of trees, rocks, hills and everything in nature. The Four Elemental Gods- Labyronia's rulers- created the Labyrinths by using their divine might. Soon afterwards, powerful monsters appeared, beginning to cause havoc in the world.

Fifty years have passed since the Labyrinths first came to be. Why were they created? Did the gods really want to punish the people for their wickedness? What about those monsters? They seem to have originated after the Labyrinths appeared. It's time to stop pondering this and go out there to find out the truth myself! This will be the final chapter of my diary, at least for now.

-Diary of Arres

Characters

Arres

A mysterious hermit from Southern Labyronia, Arres has lived alone as long as he can remember. Years have made him quiet and somewhat backward person, but he possesses a strong sense of justice and is able to use powerful magic in addition to his outstanding combat skills.

Garic

A chief engineer from the wintry village of Glimthar. Hotheaded and passionate Garic is fighting to fulfill his dream.

Ann

Ann is a healer from the harsh desert of eastern Labyronia. She is always kind and helpful, but after her grandfather's death she has been very lonely. Ann wields a rare ability.

Features

-Partly non-linear progression in a large and original world.

-The Cue system encourages exploration. Find abnormalities to obtain skills, and challenge yourself to collect all the Cues!

-Strategic Boss battles, and smooth combat system with Yanfly's battle engine.

-Random battles are limited to the world map (and even there it's possible to avoid them usually.) Otherwise, all enemies are visible.

-Clean, colorful visuals and a bunch of fresh-looking monsters.

-Experience the emotional storyline and challenge the four elemental gods!

Download Links

This game has been released in Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:

catchaserguns

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do you download this game? I've tried the download link and did the waiting. Nothing happens. No game on my computer at all.

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
How do you download this game? I've tried the download link and did the waiting. Nothing happens. No game on my computer at all.

Hmm, that's strange. Did the downloader (that cloud image) go through the percentages to 100? I played with the link for a while now, and it once got stuck to 27%, but other than that it did work. My friends were also able to download it to their own computers. If it gets stuck to that circle appearing before the actual downloader, you should just wait for a moment. If neither of these is the problem, i'm not sure what could be wrong.

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Bump. This game has been remastered.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm going to try this out. I'll give feedback after iv'e played it a bit

Edit: The link wants me to enter a decryption key...

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
I'm going to try this out. I'll give feedback after iv'e played it a bit

Edit: The link wants me to enter a decryption key...
Did you copy the entire line to your address bar? If you just click it, it'll ask the key.

Edit: Added a new, shortened link. Works by just clicking on it now.

Alphablast001

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello,

For some strange reason, I cannot paste my text into this box as a reply, so I have attached my review for this game for your convenience as part of this forum's "Let's Review Games!" I hope I have provided some good criticism that'll help you in the future.

From, Alpha

Labyronia Review.txt

Attachments

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Hello,

For some strange reason, I cannot paste my text into this box as a reply, so I have attached my review for this game for your convenience as part of this forum's "Let's Review Games!" I hope I have provided some good criticism that'll help you in the future.

From, Alpha
Thank you for the detailed criticism, Alphablast :) To answer to some of the issues you had, i'm just gonna say that the game (should) get better when you get a bit farther. It seems that you didn't progress more than 10, or max 15 minutes in the story, which barely starts the game (so i wouldn't really call that a review, but a "brief scratch-the surface-first impressions").

This was the first game i ever made with any program, and the problems with the starting area's mapping are mainly due to the fact that my mapping skills at the time were honestly nothing special. As soon as you reach Jenise, it gets better.

The difficulty when fighting against the enemies in the beginning is intentionally easy, so that players wouldn't get frustrated on fighting against the randomly spawning enemies at the start. You could say that it's not balanced like that because i didn't know how to handle the system (despite of this, i'm not exactly a master battle formula-user, so i'll be following your advice to learn even more about them!)

About the boss battle... i think i should've included a clue how to handle it after all, so i guess i'll just spoil this one here. The Playful Water Fairy hanging out with those jellies will actually tip the scales in your favor if you manage to stay alive 3 or 4 turns (this should be easy if you're just healing/ guarding in every turn after the first one). After this, this battle is walk in the park.

tessness

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Playing your game and am stuck, how do I crush the rocks at the desert?  Thanks!

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Playing your game and am stuck, how do I crush the rocks at the desert?  Thanks!
Is this the section after the Desert Gate? If so, the pickaxe should work as before. Look for rocks with weeds growing close to them. And thanks for playing my game! :)

tessness

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Found it, thank you! 

I am enjoying the game, though I would definitely LOVE to see more save crystals...LOTS more! Especially before a "surprise" boss battle, i.e. Firelands. 

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Found it, thank you! 

I am enjoying the game, though I would definitely LOVE to see more save crystals...LOTS more! Especially before a "surprise" boss battle, i.e. Firelands. 
By the way, i found a pretty serious design flaw from the game which is now fixed with the new links. You should definitely read this before progressing. This is the issue: 

In the unrepaired version, it might be impossible to progress back from Firmagis Mountains at one point. So, i wouldn't recommend saving in the mountains, or in the areas after that. Hopefully you've still got a savefile in the desert. However, if you already got an item called Carallan Ceremonial Sword which can be acquired from the desert (check out from your key items), there shouldn't be any major issue and you're able to progress as before. If you do encounter this problem, one solution would be to use the boat after leaving Carallan (go north to find the route back to the desert), and after getting the sword, use the boat to return to Firelands and not the mountain route. If it's not possible, the only solution would be saving your savefile, erasing the game and downloading the fixed version. My apologies for the possible hassle.

tessness

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Perfect timing, thank you!

granny steph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hi. Have completed the fire section - obtained the fire jewel. Stuck.....where do I go from here please. I have the earth, fire and water jewels. Also, I recall somewhere there being a guy stopping you from going into a cave. Can you tell me where that was please?

granny steph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hi. On level 27 but still by myself ah!! Where do you find Anne and Garic?

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Hi. On level 27 but still by myself ah!! Where do you find Anne and Garic?
Thank you for playing my game :)

You should go back to Ice Mountains area and Glimthar Village to see Garic again. Just go north from Carallan to find a route back to the desert. From here, you can take a boat to get back to the snowy area.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I found a part where there is a glitch (kind of?) When you take the artemis and use the flinger to get up to the sky, garic follows you. But in the university, there is another garic that acts like the first garic hadnt been following you the whole time? that is probably something you want to fix.

hope you have a nice day!

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I found a part where there is a glitch (kind of?) When you take the artemis and use the flinger to get up to the sky, garic follows you. But in the university, there is another garic that acts like the first garic hadnt been following you the whole time? that is probably something you want to fix.

hope you have a nice day!
Edit: Yeah, there was a passability glitch which made it possible to avoid a certain cutscene (to get rid of Garic before the university) by walking through a certain tree. Fixing it now and thanks for notifying me :) Oh, and you'd better avoid that spot where you got Artemis with your savefile... if you launch the cutscene at that point, you might lose Garic completely!

Update: the issue has been fixed with the new links.

granny steph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Thank you for helping me.

At the final stage now but cannot find the key to open once you are inside having spoken to guy in a cape. I assume it is something to do with the four plaques but cannot open the door. Please help. Thank you.

This game is fantastic.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What does your project folder look like?
I was told that an iPhone can provide a personal internet hotspot...You learn something new everyday!
Will probably never use MZ. Buys it anyway
Been playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope, the remastered version on PS4. I like it. Seems others think it's garbage, but I like these cutesy, silly, and tropey characters. Having waaaay more fun with it than SO: Integrity and Faithlessness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr