BellCraner

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I recently update from maker 2k3 to the new MV, i test for few days and when i put a parallel process event for change a backdrop of a map with 4 frames for wait, i can't see the animation like 2k3 because the lag of that simple event is amazing.

It's normally? 2k3i miss you! hahaha

Thanks for your time!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then most probably you did something wrong - please show us a screenshot of the event, and we will tell you what you did wrong.

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
did you stop the event from running after it completed it's task? or is it constantly running with a low wait time? I've noticed that parallel processes can cause lag of even game to freeze in just about any RPG maker if you have it loop over and over with little or no wait between loops.

BellCraner

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
It's a event only make one thing:

Change parallax 1
Wait 4 frames
Change parallax 2
Wait 4 frames
Change parallax 3
Wait 4 frames
Change parallax 4
Wait 4 frames

The event is in parallel process,and never end because with the change of parallaxes get the effect that the background is animated.

Thanks for your time!

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Change parallax 1

Wait 4 frames

Change parallax 2

Wait 4 frames

Change parallax 3

Wait 4 frames

Change parallax 4

Wait 4 frames

The event is in parallel process,and never end because with the change of parallaxes get the effect that the background is animated.

Thanks for your time!

2 questions: Does it lag without that event, but just with a Parallax background at all?

and

do you have more parallel events running, in addition to that one event at the same time?

People are having stability issues with just multiple show picture commands, so I'm wondering if just a Parallax background, is causing any lag by its self?

Last edited by a moderator:

BellCraner

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Yes, and i have only one event on the map, this event.

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, and i have only one event on the map, this event.

Yea, it has to be a stability issue then, I had a feeling it was(Parallax background are a lot more stressful on the engine, then pictures displayed using the show picture command).

I seriously doubt a plugin alone could fully fix this issue, so I hope Deliga fixes such, because this is a rather major issue(while developers could live without using Parallax backgrounds, It's very hard to live without pictures in general, considering that pictures are used even for things, that players will never percieve as a picture, in addition to the stuff players will know, are pictures).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Change parallax 1

Wait 4 frames
That is an extremely fast animation - Ace and MV work with 60 frames per second, which means that with 4 frame wait your entire animation sequence would theoretically cycle more than three times per second (about 16-20 frames per cycle).
It's probably only slower because that creates a lot of lag already - I would suggest a minimum of wait(10), better wait(20) between each change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who's a fan of firearms? The 5 on the bottom row (not including the green laser ones) I made pretty recently. I plan for most of these to be in my project.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 165924.png
Doing RPG Maker News for 28th September 2021

RMMV - Skip script errors:

For game developer testing purposes.
You know, I really get to farm likes since I post all of @Avery and @hiddenone 's blog tutorials on the forums...
Back from a very long hiatus with a new project woo
This is my battler placeholder image trying out art styles too I want to fake a backview battle system
I think I will want portraits and battle sprites to be 2D and stick to pixel art for overworld not 100%sure but pretty sure its easier to make pixel art for overworld sprites, events and maps and stuff.
Placeholder.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythphnx