PotionDose

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Does anyone have any idea how i would make a land vehicle? If i change the graphics of the boat, ship, or air boat it keeps the same properties of said vehicle. Let's say i changed the graphic of the air boat to a van it looks like the van is floating. Also, if i change the graphics of the boat it wont move on land tiles such as grass or something. Help would be much appreciated! thanks!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

The behaviour of vehicles is coded in the scripts. You can't just change the image and expect it to behave differently - you have to add to the scripts to indicate how you want it to behave.

Do a search through the plugin list, as I think someone may have already created a plugin for land vehicles.

PotionDose

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You see, sharm, i think thats his name, told me to put a question like this is the support section. But I'll look through the plug ins. Thanks

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you just wanted to change the graphics of a vehicle, it would be a support issue. But you want to change its behaviour as well, and that requires script mods/addons. We have a separate forum JUST for scripts/plugins (several of them, in fact) because of the amount of requests that come through. (Sharm's a girl, too).

Speedvore

RPG Making since RM95!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Karberus made a Simple Land Vehicle Plugin that you can find here.

Pretty sure this is what you're looking for :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I miss my VXA project, so I might be rushing for RSE. Dropping a random progress report
AeroPergold wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Its-a me, Pergold from Gamejolt!
I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllureTheFox