masterdragonson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Found an odd compatibly bug with an acquired item popup script, http://hikimoki.sakura.ne.jp/rgss3/script_menu/tmecex.rb

Seems LFS doesn't wait for the foreign message to display before sending the next message so in the event of "Text, Get Item, Text" will not display the Get Item. 

This is what I changed to get it to work and am currently testing the solution:

Code:
module LanguageFileSystem  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Show a message defined in the dialogue text file  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def self.show_dialogue(id)    data = LanguageFileSystem::dialogues[id]    return unless data    # Unknown why this is entered twice, guessing typo    #$game_message.add("\\dialogue[#{id}]")    if data.has_key?(:face)      $game_message.face_name = data[:face].split(",")[0].strip      $game_message.face_index = data[:face].split(",")[1].strip.to_i    end    if data.has_key?(:position)      case data[:position].strip.downcase        when "top"          $game_message.position = 0        when "middle"          $game_message.position = 1        when "bottom"          $game_message.position = 2      end    end    if data.has_key?(:background)      case data[:background].strip.downcase        when "normal"          $game_message.background = 0        when "dim"          $game_message.background = 1        when "transparent"          $game_message.background = 2      end    end    $game_message.add("\\dialogue[#{id}]")  endendclass Game_Message  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Parse for \dialogues and replace message content if found.  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  alias lfs_add add  def add(text)    if LanguageFileSystem::USE_DIALOGUE_FILES      if m = LanguageFileSystem::DIALOGUE_CODE.match(text)        line = LanguageFileSystem::get_dialogue(m[1])        if line          #@texts = []          #line.split("\n").each { |l|          #  lfs_add(l)          #}          #@replaced = true          @replaced = false          new_page          text = line        end      end    end    lfs_add(text) unless @replaced  endend

Heantrad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
So, after readind the manual, the guy who's testing if the scripts works for the game doesn't manage to make it run, here's what he told me that happens.

When he presses F8, the files don't appear, one blank file appears and when he clicks it, it crash, he thinks it's probably because the rvtext files, he doesn't know how to create them.

Could you give me a hand?, and if I didn't explain myself correctly, sorry, I'll explain it better if so.

Marcio

Roadrunner for Lighnting and Strike Detonator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I don't know how extraction really works as I'm doing things from scratch, so no even text extraction. BUT, if you think it's because of the rvtext, I can help out.

Download the Demo and copy the rvtext data (2 files) into your own project. Also you could just create a normal txt file and rename it, it's really that easy.

But I think that something is not working right withthe extraction, as (I at least think so) it should create both the dialoge and also database rvdata files.

Did you try it in a new project, with just the language file system script? Maybe something is bugging it from actually work in your project?

Heantrad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I don't know how extraction really works as I'm doing things from scratch, so no even text extraction. BUT, if you think it's because of the rvtext, I can help out.

Download the Demo and copy the rvtext data (2 files) into your own project. Also you could just create a normal txt file and rename it, it's really that easy.

But I think that something is not working right withthe extraction, as (I at least think so) it should create both the dialoge and also database rvdata files.

Did you try it in a new project, with just the language file system script? Maybe something is bugging it from actually work in your project?
We're trying to translate a game that has alredy been done (LISA), so I think we can't create a new proyect, for the rest, thanks, I'll tell this to the guy who's trying the script.

Marcio

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Try a new Project at least for the extraction method.

You don't need to do a bunch of events. One is more than enough to test it.

Sn0wCrack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
英語
Hi there, I've been using this to put Japanese text into my game.
However I seem to have hit a snag in terms of translating a script.

I'm currently trying to put text into modern algebra's Quest Journal script, the vocab words are stored in a hash in said script.

VOCAB = { menu_label: "Case Files",}Like so and in my Database file I have the following lines to change it:

<<constants/QuestData/VOCAB/menu_label>>Now whenever I start up my game (pre-title screen) an error message appears saying: "can't convert Symbol into integer," directing me to this line in particular:

@quest_scene_label = QuestData::VOCAB[:scene_label]This doesn't occur due to Japanese text being used, as I have tested with Japanese text in the script already.

What is it I'm doing wrong here? Or is it a limitation of this script?

I'm not amazingly familiar with ruby, but it seems that VOCAB is changing from a hash into a regular array or something of the sort.

DerTraveler

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi Sn0wCrack,

what you are trying to do can be done by adding following entry to your respective DatabaseText.rvtext files:

<<variables/QuestData::VOCAB[:menu_label]>>Case FilesActually in this way you can language-specificially change any line that could be changed with a simple ruby assignment.

Just use "variables/[left part of assignment]" as your ID.
And then enter the text below.

Sn0wCrack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
英語
Thank you so much, everything works now as intended!

Heantrad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
We tried to make the script work, but we just can't, sorry, we'll try to figure out how to translate LISA trough RPG Maker.

Anyways, thanks for making us start the project, if you wouldn't have make the script, we wouldn't probably even thought of the possibility if translating it.

Marcio

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Fear not for that I have a solution for you, @Heantrad.

I just tried it out with a Demo.

Open your project and copy the LanguageFile Script into it.

Navigate to line 643 (USE_DIALOGUE_FILES = false) and also 648 (USE_DATABASE_FILES = false) and set it both to false (as it's typed in here).

Open your first autostart project and insert following script call LanguageFileSystem::extract_all_data

Close your project entirly and navigate trough explorer to your project folder. There should be a new folder in it named Extraced.

Open the folder and copy all contents to your project folder and override everything.

Rename the both rvtext to DatabaseTextYOURLANGUAGENAME.rvtext and also DialoguesYOURLANGUAGENAME.rvtext.

Reopen your project in rpg maker. Every message choice etc... should've been magically replaced with scriptcalls you also find in Dialogues.rvtext.

Open ance again (F11) the script editor and navigate again to 643 and 648 and rename false to true.

Also navigate to Line 661 and enter add the Language you want to use here LANGUAGES = [:Spanish, :German, :English]. Also rename 670 to the YOURLANGUAGENAME from above.

To make it clear: If you renamed both rvtext to DatabaseTextSpanish.rvtext and DialoguesSpanish.rvtext you set it up to Spanish.

If everything works, open up rvtext (i prefeer using notepad++ as it has tons of features which are very good for typesetting and proofreading) and translate the first sentance. Save the file and run the Game. ;)

Let the magic /script) do the rest. ;)

DerTraveler

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thank you Marcio for the extensive explanation!
That's what you should do!

But just as an obvious safety notice: Definitely create a backup of your project first before you copy and override anything!!!

Heantrad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses

Navigate to line 643 (USE_DIALOGUE_FILES = false) and also 648 (USE_DATABASE_FILES = false) and set it both to false (as it's typed in here).

Open your first autostart project and insert following script call LanguageFileSystem::extract_all_data

Close your project entirly and navigate trough explorer to your project folder. There should be a new folder in it named Extraced.

Open the folder and copy all contents to your project folder and override everything.

Rename the both rvtext to DatabaseTextYOURLANGUAGENAME.rvtext and also DialoguesYOURLANGUAGENAME.rvtext.

Reopen your project in rpg maker. Every message choice etc... should've been magically replaced with scriptcalls you also find in Dialogues.rvtext.

Open ance again (F11) the script editor and navigate again to 643 and 648 and rename false to true.

Also navigate to Line 661 and enter add the Language you want to use here LANGUAGES = [:Spanish, :German, :English]. Also rename 670 to the YOURLANGUAGENAME from above.

To make it clear: If you renamed both rvtext to DatabaseTextSpanish.rvtext and DialoguesSpanish.rvtext you set it up to Spanish.

If everything works, open up rvtext (i prefeer using notepad++ as it has tons of features which are very good for typesetting and proofreading) and translate the first sentance. Save the file and run the Game. ;)

I got a problem, we don't fully understand what do you mean with "Open your first autostart project and insert following script call LanguageFileSystem::extract_all_data", could you tell us what to do (in the perspective that we haven't touched RPG Maker in our entire live until we tried to translate the game).

Marcio

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
If you don't know how to use rpg maker, I think it'll be very hard for you to translate a whole game.

Do you have the okay from the original user to use his content? If yes, open the project in rpg maker. Look for the first scene that happens in the game, this is normally a Autostart event.

Hit enter on it end use the enter script field and enter the above scriptcall).

Like I said, if you don't know how to use rpg maker, it's not a good idea to translate a whole game unless one of you know how to steer rpg maker.

Heantrad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
If you don't know how to use rpg maker, I think it'll be very hard for you to translate a whole game.

Do you have the okay from the original user to use his content? If yes, open the project in rpg maker. Look for the first scene that happens in the game, this is normally a Autostart event.

Like I said, if you don't know how to use rpg maker, it's not a good idea to translate a whole game unless one of you know how to steer rpg maker.

Hey, from somwehere we need to start, and we all love the game, so, why not?

For the okay part, the creator said on an AMA that he doesn't mind, and about the script usage, we wanted to wait if the script works before asking permission, and then if that's the case, we'll send the script creator and e-mail asking for his permission and all that.

Also, thanks.

Marcio

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I hope this works for you guys. Wish you best of luck. :)

If I should do the basic work of inserting the script and get you the data out, just let me know.

Marcio

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thank you Marcio for the extensive explanation!

That's what you should do!

But just as an obvious safety notice: Definitely create a backup of your project first before you copy and override anything!!!

Gerne ;)
Hey @DerTraveler Any Chances you'll maybe update your really awesome script to RPG maker MV?

To be honest, your script should be a mainscript. Multilanguage support isn't stil available in the mainpackage of MV and it really should... <.<°

Last edited by a moderator:

Heantrad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses

So, we tried the script and we still don't know what event is the autostart event, we're trying it with the demo.

Also, USE_DIALOGUE_FILES = false USE_DATABASE_FILES = false where on lines 254 and 259 for some reason.

Marcio

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
So, we tried the script and we still don't know what event is the autostart event, we're trying it with the demo.

Also, USE_DIALOGUE_FILES = false USE_DATABASE_FILES = false where on lines 254 and 259 for some reason.
Are you using the latest files from DerTraveler?

Can you share the Full Game? I can provide you with everthing you need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloud_FFVII

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone, sorry for necro this but...

I'm having a problem with the script, everything works fine, but not the database LOADING. Everytime I set to TRUE the USE_DATABASE_FILES and I run then game I get the error...

Language File Sustem - Core Script line 1691 - NoMethodError Occurred.

undefined method '[]' for nil:class

I don't what to do, maybe there's something inside my database that is causing the conflict, but when I turn it OFF it works just fine.

This is the exact part where it gives the error...

Code:
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Read attribute from language file hash (Metaprogramming ninjutsu :D)
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  ["name", "description", "note"].each do |var|
    alias_method "lfs_#{var}".to_sym, "#{var}".to_sym
    define_method("#{var}") do
      if LanguageFileSystem::USE_DATABASE_FILES
        result = LanguageFileSystem::database[SUBCLASS_KEYS[self.class]][var.to_sym]
        result = result[@id] if result
      end
      result ||= instance_variable_get("@#{var}")
    end
  end
end

if anyone could help me with this, I'll really appreciate it!

Thanks!

123.png

srazysnake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
hello, looking for a VERY SIMPLE HOW TO of this particular script. []

I had the core and addon scripts pasted under materials within the script window part of the game yes.

....... and nothing.

when I try to playtest it, it give me an error: 'unable to find file: dialogues.rvtext' and the game will not start.

yes I read the script, but it was full of complicated words that I just could not understand... things like script call.... and whatnot. [][]

it never tells me what is script call and how to script call... you get the picture.

I'm a very simple person with no experience in rpgmaker that just wants to create a multi-language game.

...for now, can anyone tell me how I can create/produce this so-called, 'diaglogues.rvtext' file?

thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lavdiasmylove