Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh boy! So... I was advised to put this here.

I am guessing there isn't one, but, I am looking for a choice script that allows for Kentucky Route Zero "like" conversation in VXAce. For those who haven't played it Kentucky Route Zero is a choose your own story type game with many dialogue options for each interaction.

Someone will speak, and you see their dialogue followed by the other person(s) in the conversation  as choose-able options which effect the next part of the conversation. Most of this could be done with conditional branching and the regular text except the way it is displayed doesn't work for what I want to do.

The choices option in Ace only allows for a short sentence and when you use it it's in it's own little window above the main text. In Kentucky Route Zero a text window appears that you can choose yours and / or the other characters responses in. Each initial sentence and resulting response can be multiple lines in length. Any characters words can be in different colors and clickable with a mouse, though I don't wan't mouse control in my game just regular controls.

See a picture below for some reference to what I am looking for.

kr0_dialogue-670x418.jpg

If a script needs to be written I'll be happy to hire out, no problem. But in that instance I'd really appreciate the abilitty to have a few nifty little extras. See below:

1) The ability to throw .Ogg's / mp3's  in when needed for narration purposes and have the file cue to when the typing animation begins.

2) I would also love to have the windows text dispose differently during "Wait X amount of frames" I'd like text to dispose but the window to remain until i call it to dispose with a comment or note tag or something at the end of a conversation. I feel it's less jerky than seeing text the window disposing after a pressing  a key then the wait for say sixty frames and then the window re-appearing for the next part of the conversation. I feel this will add some needed timing and immersion into the conversation.

3) The ability to add a simple variable to each choice for use with another script.

If you think there is something out there already that may halfway achieve this I'd love to know!!! Maybe I can request add-ons to a previously written script :) Any help at this point would be most appreciated.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm assuming the request here is to have all your choices and your messages show in the same box one after another.

My script doesn't support that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for reading my post Tsukihime. Yeah I'm not sure how to go about this cause the scripts Andar suggested kind of halfway do what I need. BTW thanks for that Andar! I wonder if someone will pick up the script as a request. Besides for myself I could see it being used very well for graphic novel type games in VXACE.

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright so I haven't had any interest so I have decided to go with modern algebra's ATS Choice Options as I am already using the rest of the ATS suite. Who do I go to for feature requests? The creator or can anyone do simple addon's. Is that legal for commercial purposes etc?

JoePro

None Newb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are you saying you still want someone to write the script for you. For something like this, a little $$$ might get a little more interest not just saying you'll hire, unfortunately people like to see numbers. Hiring could just mean money down the road no one likes that. Other then that i'd stick with whats out there. If you take a look at the size of the scripts that were posted above, and then add more. You can probably understand why. I wouldn't do a script like that for free if there is other options for you already made public. That takes time. Good luck though.

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are you saying you still want someone to write the script for you. For something like this, a little $$$ might get a little more interest not just saying you'll hire, unfortunately people like to see numbers. Hiring could just mean money down the road no one likes that. Other then that i'd stick with whats out there. If you take a look at the size of the scripts that were posted above, and then add more. You can probably understand why. I wouldn't do a script like that for free if there is other options for you already made public. That takes time. Good luck though.
No. I decided to go with ATS, but still need to work out issues with it Like needing the ability to plant an ogg for narration purposes etc. So add ons to the ATS suite. I'm not sure where to ask.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Started work on the fishing Mini-Game
The Dark Toon art style is now available as Steam branches. (Both for the main game and the demo)
Battle.jpgCaptain.jpgCutsene.jpg
There are 2 versions. One only affects combat, cutscene, and portraits. The other one changes more.
So, technically, the game now has 7 versions on steam.
Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Just evented my first minigame, no plugins~ :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakam47