Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what do you want to do, and what is happening instead?
We cannot help you without information on what you did.

and that is especially true considering your other help request: If the pictures vanish as soon as you use show text, then something is damaged in your engine - and that damage has to be found and resolved instead of using a workaround, because you never know what other problems might be caused by that damage.

Because there are several large event plugins available (for example Shaz' one here on this very forum) and that plugin does work unless you did something wrong with your engine.

Splifingald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for replying so fast,
My characters are 160*160 pixels and I don't want them to overlap when then walk so I would like the events to be larger. I don't know if it's sufficient...
What is happening when I use "krues8dr plugin for MultiTileEvent" : Nothing, the game runs as usual and characters overlap.

Also Shaz plugin only works for events that do not moove.. :(

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
show us a screenshot of the event you're using with all its data, so that we can check if you placed the correct notetag. There are several things in the description of that plugin where you might have gone wrong.

additionally, show us a screenshot of your plugin manager so that we can see possible conflicts and if the plugin is installed correctly or not.

Last - you'll never get a 160 pixel collision, because collisions are handled by tile coordinates and a tile is 48x48 pixels.
your choices are between a 3x3 tile size (which is 144x144, creating an overlap of 16 pixels on your 160x160 pixel, or 4x4 tiles (which is 192x192, creating a free space of 32 pixels around your 160x160 size).

and all those plugins only count for the events, you'll need something different to handle party size.

Splifingald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok thank you,

I would like to have a 3x3 event (144*144)

Here are the screenshots asked :

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as I assumed, your notetag is wrong. You can only use full numbers here (not 1,1 like you did), and the numbers you choose have nothing to do with a 3x3 tile size, thex would give you a 1x2 tile size if they worked.

Splifingald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, maybe I didn't understand this in the "Help" :
"
You can also specify an offset from the main event tile by using

a pair of values e.g.: <size h=-1,1 w=-1,1> will result in a 3x3

entity centered on the event's location."

(I forgot the minus in my event but I tried with the minus and it doesn't change anything)

Also I don't need to specify any height because my game is a sidescroller (only going from left to right or right to left) so I can keep the height of my event at one tile.
Thanks again.

EDIT 1 : I tried "<size h=2 w=2>" and it doesn't work either

EDIT 2 : I also tried to put the plugin at the top of the list and it doesn't change a thing too

EDIT 3 : You said there was several large events plugins available, maybe you could give me some links ?

Thanks for all your replies.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no I just saw what is probably your main error - you renamed the js file, and that usually (90%) results in the plugin becoming non-functional.
You always have to keep the filename exactly as given, even with the same Capitalisation, or most plugins (those that need to access their own data) will break.
In the link you gave in the first post that filename is clearly
"Kru_MultitileEvents.js" but in your screenshot that line starts "krues8dr_MultiTileEvents"

Please rename all your plugins to exactly those names that were set by their writers, then they should work.
You'll need to start a new game however because any change in plugins make older saves incompatible in99% of all cases.

Splifingald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh ok, thank you i'll try that when i can and tell you !

I renamed the plugin, tried differents things, such as <size h=2 w=2> or <size h=-1,1 w=-1,1>, launched a new game, but still nothing.
I think trigger distance will do what I want. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head
I'm glad I found those fishies by @whtdragon so I had a proper base to start pixeling the first enemies in the game.
Such cuties... yeah.
Yesterday, for my youngest sibling's birthday, we watched one of his favorite movies.
Ponyo is such a beautiful, but certainly strange, movie.
I just have to say that I prefer the majority of Studio Ghibli's works to those of Disney.
*sees work place in incoming call history* .... =www= hisssssSSSSSssss.
Please pop up a storm. Please pop up a storm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
figaro24