ginfubawuba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is the best way to make something like a log that takes up 3 blocks in a row, but when you push one, all 3 move together?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make an event with a touch trigger, and just make its image be whatever size you want.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Make a single event move all the blocks, but only the last move will have to wait, so the first two follow the last one:
Code:
◆Set Movement Route:Block-A (Skip)
:                  :◇Move Down
◆Set Movement Route:Block-B (Skip)
◆Set Movement Route:Block-C (Skip, Wait)

ZenVirZan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
It is technically possible using just events like posted above, but you'll run into desync issues if you get fancy with your usage and parts of the object get stuck on terrain or other objects, and working around them in an evented system can be bothersome.

I've written a little script to do this for you, attached to this post.

To make them move together, use the plugin call on your choice of trigger. This movement request checks all connected events' ability to move, and will prevent disconnections if one tile gets stuck on something, making it usable in puzzle contexts.

Below is an example using a group of 6 events. All events in this case are named log1, but you can also use event IDs if you'd prefer. In this case, the plugin call moves all events with the same name as the calling event in the same direction the player is facing. See the plugin help for more information.

4XMI09T.gif
u4yqfdh.png

Nrsx425.png

Attachments

• PushGroupEvent.js
    3.1 KB · Views: 7

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also to prevent event bloating, if it's only one big event that is moving, you can use 'Move Away From Player' in the move route instead of the direction.

@ZenVirZan 's plugin looks great though :thumbsup-right:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's perfectly cool to implement this however you like, I'm just confused as to why one would prefer to split it into multiple events/images. If the blocks always move together, why not keep it as a single entity? Am I not thinking of something?

ZenVirZan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Collision is the primary issue. If you use a single event, it will only block a single tile. If you want to have it span multiple tiles (like in the three wide requested in the OP), you need to manually control the events for collision, whether they have individual graphics or just use a single event's graphic with the other blocking events transparent. This isn't an issue for scripted scenes where you can verify that the tiles will always be able to move where they need to, but if the player is given control over the object (like in a puzzle) it's difficult to keep the collision together using just events.

Last edited:

ginfubawuba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is technically possible using just events like posted above, but you'll run into desync issues if you get fancy with your usage and parts of the object get stuck on terrain or other objects, and working around them in an evented system can be bothersome.

I've written a little script to do this for you, attached to this post.

To make them move together, use the plugin call on your choice of trigger. This movement request checks all connected events' ability to move, and will prevent disconnections if one tile gets stuck on something, making it usable in puzzle contexts.

Below is an example using a group of 6 events. All events in this case are named log1, but you can also use event IDs if you'd prefer. In this case, the plugin call moves all events with the same name as the calling event in the same direction the player is facing. See the plugin help for more information.

4XMI09T.gif
u4yqfdh.png

Nrsx425.png
Thank you, this worked

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I made something for @LittenDev [as he requested]
It's been a weird while. I've been so torn down that even playing video games has been something I avoided. But I shouldn't forget two things. One, I love RPG Maker for a reason. Two, only way to eat an elephant is a bite at a time.
How do people even enjoy RGB keyboard and mouse lighting? It's distracting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silvadomine