Large Sprite ☆ Display Fix

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
i seem to be having a problem when i am using multiples of the same tile. for example rows of seats in a stadium setting.

when there's only one row, no problem. works excellently.

when there's multiple rows, though, it doesn't work. the tile the player is standing on is the same as the one directly above him—is that causing the problem?
Did you tested in a fresh project without other scripts?

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hello,

At first the script wasnt working for me, because i changed the UpperTerrain = 7 to UpperTerrain = 2. (Line 27), the terrain tag was configured accordingly.

So could this be a bug thats affecting other devs as well? When i configure both the script and the terrain tags to 2, its not being recognized, but if i configure everything to the default tag (7), the script works again.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
i seem to be having a problem when i am using multiples of the same tile. for example rows of seats in a stadium setting.

when there's only one row, no problem. works excellently.

when there's multiple rows, though, it doesn't work. the tile the player is standing on is the same as the one directly above him—is that causing the problem?
I seem to be having the same problem here. My only workaround to it was to space out the rows by another tile to avoid having the "star" touching both the character sprite's feet and head, which is what I'm sure the problem is.

Random Spaniard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I have a problem when using this script with Yanfly's battle add-on Visual Battlers. It shows up the next error message:

darkelite

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I have the same problem, my hero is standing in-between a dumpster and the wooden fence (see picture below) and the terrain tag was set to 7 on the top portion of the dumpster and the fence (same row). I'd be grateful if you can fix this, thanks a lot!

http://s28.postimg.org/5r85d0drh/Above.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
I have the same problem, my hero is standing in-between a dumpster and the wooden fence (see picture below) and the terrain tag was set to 7 on the top portion of the dumpster and the fence (same row). I'd be grateful if you can fix this, thanks a lot!

http://s28.postimg.org/5r85d0drh/Above.jpg
He would need more information than that!

For example,

1.) does it happen if you test it in a new project with just this script?

2.) What is that tileset's settings?

3.) Can you compile a demo for him to check it out?

SpikerzZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have an issue, when I put a park bench down, it works fine, but when there is another tile behind it, it doesn't work good.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What does "it doesn't work good" mean? Show us screenshots and explain what the issue is. Also state if you are using any other scripts that affect the drawing of sprites or maps (like NeonBlack's Terrain Tags script, to name just one).

SpikerzZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I mean part of the sprites get cut off, I found out that it is when I have textures that I place on 2 differant tiles, for example, when I place the bench on grass and a sidewalk it screws up.

001.png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seems like you don't have the script installed properly, it's not in the right place, or you have another script that's not compatible with it.

SpikerzZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
does the same thing on a fresh game maker thing, I think it is an error with the object being on 2 tiles

SpikerzZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here is a screen shot of my script on a fresh game creation with the map copied

002.png

SpikerzZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here is my test page, I was wrong earlier, it happends no matter where I place the bench

http://www.gigasoft.ca/games/test.exe

Sorry, it wouldn't let me send the demo here so I uploaded it to my site, is that alloud?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No attachment. Please don't double post.

I suspect you might not be installing the script correctly. Or you've changed your tileset to override the script.

SpikerzZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I do change the 4 way directions a bit, maybe this script can't do that good?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Was the terrain tag properly set?

I can't seem to download the file.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you set the tile to a star passability, it might affect the script. I THOUGHT it was clever enough though to cater for that.

SpikerzZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Which tile? I have the top of the bench as 7 the bottom 0 but tried it as 7 too than the top star, the bottom though can't be star are it apears abouve me

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
??? What's 7 and 0? Ace has no priority like XP has. If you're using 0 and 7, that's terrain tags, which has nothing at all to do with something appearing above or below the characters.

You're after passage settings (passage button) which can be X, O or star.

What other scripts are you using? If you're using a terrain tag script that changes the behaviour of the map tiles (like NeonBlack's, though I think that work with regions, not terrains), then it will likely conflict with this one.

You ARE using Ace, aren't you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've noticed that the website has changed a lot since I left in August last year...
One of my kitties after a long, tiring day of being adorable.
We have good wifi here now thanks to a guy who had the audacity to tell the Director "Sir, the wifi sucks. Make it faster and increase the bandwidth" in this arrogant tone. The Director is a complete sweetheart so he did just that. So you may see me around often now, being disturbing as usual.
To compensate for me feeling too sick to interact properly, have an old recording of me calming you with Zelda's Lullaby. https://vocaroo.com/jqTcbzdQTw5 :kaojoy:
Finally found someone to make battlers for me. Just wants $50 for a small one. And $75 for a big one. So who wants to help me make a GoFundMe page? Scratch that. How much can I get for a kidney on the black market?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ordan