kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! So I couldn't find an exact answer to this question...but I am using custom sprites for my game, and they're BIG. at least like, much bigger than the defaults? So, when I'm setting my NPCs around, I can't select the full graphic, which makes only a part of the sprite/character show when they're on the map? (Since I place them around as 'events' for dialogue...) Is there some way around this? Will I need to make them all actors and place them on the map instead? I'm not sure if I'm describing this correctly so if it's confusing just let me know? Maybe there's some kind of plugin but I couldn't find that either...Thank you!!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then your sprite structure is wrong - size doesn't matter for sprites, you can use any size as long as the structure is correct.

single sprites need 3x4 cells and a $ in the filename
spritesheets of 4x2 sprites need 12x8 cells and a filename without $

just look at the default sprites (for example the big monster sprites) for how they're named.

kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then your sprite structure is wrong - size doesn't matter for sprites, you can use any size as long as the structure is correct.

single sprites need 3x4 cells and a $ in the filename
spritesheets of 4x2 sprites need 12x8 cells and a filename without $

just look at the default sprites (for example the big monster sprites) for how they're named.

I can probably take a screenshot, it's the default 3x4 cells they're just really big? I have the $ in the name. I have it set up correctly because I am using the player character with the $ and his sprite is fine.

It's just everyone else in the game, when selecting them to put on the maps, their heads are cut off since I can only select a part of them for the event?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You will only see a part of them in the editor, but run a test play and you will see that the full sprite shows in the game. The editor can only display one tile worth of a sprite.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkPurplePrince