kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! So I couldn't find an exact answer to this question...but I am using custom sprites for my game, and they're BIG. at least like, much bigger than the defaults? So, when I'm setting my NPCs around, I can't select the full graphic, which makes only a part of the sprite/character show when they're on the map? (Since I place them around as 'events' for dialogue...) Is there some way around this? Will I need to make them all actors and place them on the map instead? I'm not sure if I'm describing this correctly so if it's confusing just let me know? Maybe there's some kind of plugin but I couldn't find that either...Thank you!!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then your sprite structure is wrong - size doesn't matter for sprites, you can use any size as long as the structure is correct.

single sprites need 3x4 cells and a $ in the filename
spritesheets of 4x2 sprites need 12x8 cells and a filename without $

just look at the default sprites (for example the big monster sprites) for how they're named.

kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then your sprite structure is wrong - size doesn't matter for sprites, you can use any size as long as the structure is correct.

single sprites need 3x4 cells and a $ in the filename
spritesheets of 4x2 sprites need 12x8 cells and a filename without $

just look at the default sprites (for example the big monster sprites) for how they're named.

I can probably take a screenshot, it's the default 3x4 cells they're just really big? I have the $ in the name. I have it set up correctly because I am using the player character with the $ and his sprite is fine.

It's just everyone else in the game, when selecting them to put on the maps, their heads are cut off since I can only select a part of them for the event?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You will only see a part of them in the editor, but run a test play and you will see that the full sprite shows in the game. The editor can only display one tile worth of a sprite.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Staples