Status
Not open for further replies.

Dachimotsu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Attached is an image showing what issues I'm having and the settings I'm using.

My game uses taller, sometimes wider sprites. Pictured is a character who is 2.5 tiles tall (hat included). Also pictured is that very hat going through the top of a nearby couch, and his body hiding under some sheets. Many people have complained about this bug, and it is generally believed that it's caused by having too many "star passability" tiles in one place.

On the left side of the image, you will see the settings for CP_Large_Sprite_Fix, a plugin included with the program that's supposed to fix this issue by tagging the star tiles with a terrain tag of 7 in the tileset editor (see top-right of the image). While this does seem to fix some of the tiles, it does not fix all of them.

Now, I am not a programmer, but I will do my best to describe how I think this issue can be easily solved.

Basically, it uses the same concept as the Large Sprite Fix plugin, only instead of having one terrain tag, you'll have two.

The first will make its respective tile always appear above the entire sprite (used for bridges or tree leaves in the foreground).

The second will make its respective tile only appear above the sprite if the sprite's "anchor" (bottom-centermost point) is IN the same ROW as the tile itself OR higher.

If this plugin could be edited or re-made to do exactly as I've described, by giving the developer total control over the way each star tile works, I believe it should bypass this issue entirely.

Star Pass.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you sure you have the latest and greatest version?  The original plugin did have a couple of bugs, which I fixed and tested thoroughly.  I don't believe this issue should happen with the current version.

What is the save date of the .js file you have?  If it's October 22, it's the old version.

Dachimotsu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well, it's... October 23rd. So it's slightly newer than that. Dunno if it's the fixed version, though.

EDIT: On that note, I don't really know where to go to get updated plugins (short of re-installing MV) or when/where/how to be notified of updates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dachimotsu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Um... Actually, this made the problem worse. Now, every single star tile appears above the player sprite, no matter where he's standing.

The star tiles are still marked as having a terrain tag of 7, so no changes other than replacing the plugin have been made.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dachimotsu, please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Can you please send me your map and your tileset?  And your Tilesets file from the Data folder.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeMakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Dachimotsu: I'm currently using the old plugin the came with MV because the new one has star tile always on top issue you mentioned.

One way I'm getting around with what you said about "first will make its respective tile always appear above the entire sprite" in the opening post, all I did was to just set the Terrain tag back to 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For a long time I always consider XP soundtracks as the best one.
Just listened to some of MZ tracks from the free version.
It's... Quite mindblowing. xD
Only listened to the battles, towns, and fields.
But I'm sure the rest are equally good. :D
What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxsampahxx