JackyBranthe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to replace the small chibi SV battler with a single large static pic that will take up like 1/3 of the game screen. Kinda like the gameboy Pokemon battle style.

The battler static pic will also change depending on what actions are taken by the character and what state they are in. Namely, when attacking, guarding, poisoned (or just debuffed), Low HP, and downed. All in all 6 pictures including idle stance.

I tried to impose the images on the 9x6 sprite battlersheet but the image size would be too large. Was wondering if anything else can be done.

Also I'm quite new to rpg maker, so pardon me if I can't grasp the coding part of the software right away.

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I seem to recall the Victor's engine allows this.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Note that if you wanted a larger animated battler, you could just make a larger 9x6 battler sheet with a larger cell size using the larger image. For a static one that would mean having three identical copies of each state, though.

KurayamiBlackheart

Phoenix of darkness.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I seem to recall the Victor's engine allows this.
yes, it's this one : https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/battler-graphic-setup/
but his plugin has a huge memory leak, beware ! (it'll pretty much make the game close itself after few minutes of battle, the time it takes depends on the RAM you have on your device, and the sprites that keeps getting loaded more and more in-loop)

I patched the memory leak from that plugin, but I don't know if I'm allowed to redistribute it.

JackyBranthe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, it's this one : https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/battler-graphic-setup/
but his plugin has a huge memory leak, beware ! (it'll pretty much make the game close itself after few minutes of battle, the time it takes depends on the RAM you have on your device, and the sprites that keeps getting loaded more and more in-loop)

I patched the memory leak from that plugin, but I don't know if I'm allowed to redistribute it.

Look exactly like what I need. Thank you both!

KurayamiBlackheart

Phoenix of darkness.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look exactly like what I need. Thank you both!
Though I can't recommend using it, it has a major flaw. Your game will close itself, crash without warning for all the players in battle. The only difference between all of them will be the time it will takes for it to crash.

There is a huge memory leak inside it, this plugin will add the sprite of the battlers in memory again and again at each sprite update (so, like 60 times per second), which makes it pretty un-usable.

Last edited:

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is Victor still maintaining that plugin?

KurayamiBlackheart

Phoenix of darkness.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is Victor still maintaining that plugin?
No he's not lol. Also the leak was pretty obvious, you can see the problem just by looking at the Sprite_Actor.prototype.updateBitmap function.
TLDR; He simply forgot in an Update function to check if the sprite needs an update, thus creating a new sprite for each battlers at each frame without the need for it, bombing the RAM.

Could you redistribute it as an extension plugin?
I couldn't find the terms of VE, also my patch isn't universal, I nailed together all the codes around Sprite_Actor.prototype.updateBitmap from all my plugins. Since you won't have exactly the same as me, it wouldn't work.

I would need to re-patch it in a way that can fits everyone (replace the modifications he made on that function to add a check and a condition). If no one else wants to do it, and if you really need it, then I'll do it. :kaohi:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It is DC's turn to be celebrating her leveling up and starts her 20th year. We were many to think she wouldn't live that long. Starts your cats motors and make 'em purr!
why_hello_mira.jpg

I made myself a cult leader, and a concept scene for him as well. :LZSexcite:
SpaceBot wrote on DoctorMolotov's profile.
I miss you :kaocry:
I have game ideas, but none of them would fit the theme for IGMC. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azackill