Larger SV battle actors request

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Blair Pendragon, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Blair Pendragon

Blair Pendragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    A long while ago I came across a few different plugins to allow larger actor spirtes in the side view battle system.
    (for the party, not for enemies)

I'm struggling to find these plugins with searches. (The master list webpage doesnt seem to work for me anymore, dont know why. Google just brings me to unrelated pages, and the search here brings me to even less related threads)

Additionally, would be nice if i can set the graphic with the default [sv] battler box in the menu, rather than picking based on names, due to changes on character graphics in the story.

If the above isnt possible, than at least a system than uses both the default box, and custom boxes, so i can have 1 character taller than the rest, and then i can manually adjust the main character graphic as the story progresses.

2. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply Ssshhh... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm confused by what you're asking. MV allows for any size sprite, you just have to make the graphics, the built in character generator only builds them one size. You have to follow the rules for the sprite sheet though.
    The sheet has to be divisible by 9 frames wide and 6 tall in pixels no decimals. Every frame must be the same size. Personally my actor battle sprites are 80x80 no plug ins.

Blue001 and Blair Pendragon like this.
  3. Blair Pendragon

First Language:
    English
    Well then, this seems to explain why im having trouble finding it lol. thank you very much.

4. OnslaughtSupply

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No problem.

5. Blair Pendragon

First Language:
    English
    I assume the same applies to the weapon graphics too? just make them bigger and divisible, and they will fit accordingly?

EDIT no it doesnt.
    so, now to figure out a way to fix this.

I doubled the size of both the actors and weapons, and the weapon being is only a small part of the wrong weapon.
    when the original size picture is placed over top of the new one, it lines up.
    Its still trying to show the same size/position it would normally, if the weapon was still smaller, and in the same x and y pixels. (from upper left corner)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  6. OnslaughtSupply

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Blair Pendragon likes this.