Larry Jones - Music Workshop

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by Larry Jones, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Mesajia

Mesajia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello Larry,
    I just found your thread an listened to all off your music. I really love the tracks and as Mara_Vertins sayed it really draws pictures in your mind. The Imperfect Derangement is something I definitely see in my game. Because it's still at the beginnig, I won't make a request. But I will watch your thread carefully. Hopefully I'm getting sometime to the point where it pays off to search unique music for my most beloved scene.

2. Larry Jones

Larry Jones Veteran Veteran

Thanks very much @Mesajia :) I look forward to that if it happens!

3. Larry Jones

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    AbyssalDarkness likes this.
  4. Wonderfull Darkness

Wonderfull Darkness Endless Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Larry Jones heck yeah! That works perfectly! Thanks a bunch!! :kaojoy:

Larry Jones likes this.
  5. Larry Jones

Awesome! Was certainly a bit of fun haha :D

Wonderfull Darkness likes this.
  6. cl4ptr4p

cl4ptr4p relaxed af Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello! I would like to make a request if it isn't too much for you

Purpose
    - Main battle theme of my game

Description - It has a techno, party-ish feel to it while at the same time it is very upbeat and fast in tempo. Here are several examples to further clarify what I want. DoDonPachi's 1st Stage OST, 7th Dragon 2020, Rival Arrival, 7th Dragon 2020-II, Rushing Life and K: Return Of Kings, Battle of the Dance.

The game takes place in a modern day setting incorporated with semi-futuristic properties such as invented holograms, weapons that seem far more futuristic than what we have this current age, gadgets have improved drastically and the monsters to be fought are most likely inspired from medieval, fantasy, mythological themes.

Here are some example screenshots from modern-day games/series to give you the feel of what I want:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Format - Your default format would work just fine :kaohi:

I hope you consider my request! Thank you very muuuuuch! <3

7. Larry Jones

Hey @Blanc

Thanks very much for your request :) Sorry for delay in getting back to you! My health is not 100% at the moment and I am working on some projects so it may be a while before I can complete your request but I would love to do so. Is it ok if it takes a few weeks? No worries either way, I would certainly be happy to complete your request when I have the time!

8. cl4ptr4p

cl4ptr4p relaxed af Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Of course! I do hope you get well soon though. There is absolutely no rush with this request. I am, after all, requesting something from you that should be paid. I'm very thankful that you'll be taking the time to do it and I am willing to wait no matter how long. Thank you very much! :kaojoy:

@Laurence L

9. OneManArmy

OneManArmy Veteran Veteran

Purpose - Background music for exploring and adventuring.

Description - Sad, melancholic, low fidelity would be great. I am inspired by jazz from 70's especially Piero Piccioni, low-fi hip hop, Slavic mantras like that one
    and Slavic folk music like the one from Laboratorium PieĊ›ni. The game is settled in a fantasy world inspired by eastern Europe from the 16th century.
    Main hero's name is Slav Vilk who is exploring the world of conflict and war, surrounded by Slavic mysticism and ghosts. He doesn't know what is his purpose and place in the world and it meant to be a story of searching for yourself.

Game name is Howling Hounds.
    One of the old screens from my game. In this hut is living Baba Yaga and the hut is moving on chicken legs.
    [​IMG]

Format - my default will be looping .OGG files of somewhere around 2-3 minutes.

Anything else? I guess it will be the very ambitious and hard challenge to mix up folk music with jazz and low-fi hip-hop and make it fitting into setting but it would be great if you would manage. So far I have asked a few peoples that are offering to do free music but no one so far tackled the topic.
    Above everything else please enjoy what you are doing and I'll hope I will give you some inspiration to develop more as an artist. Whatever you choose and you deem as fitting in the setting will be a great gift for me.

10. Hyreal

Hyreal Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love your music, you have a lot of great tracks up on soundcloud and a real talent for this kind of thing.

Are you still doing these? I would be more then happy to commission you too as I feel like your work is more then worth paying for. :)

11. Larry Jones

Hello everybody from a year ago. My setup is currently broken but should be fixed soon. At which point I am going to start doing some composing again. Apologies to anybody who never got their request completed (this was the last few, if I recall correctly). I don't think I'm going to fulfill every single request any more, and no guarantees that I'll ever catch up the back catalogue, but if I feel like doing something then I will do it, so if you want to send me requests do feel free! I also can't make promises about deadlines at the moment, firstly because my setup is currently broken (see above) and secondly because even when it is fixed (which will hopefully be very soon), I still have a lot of other stuff to do! However, my guess is there will be periods over the next few months when I might suddenly become very productive around this kind of thing, so better get your requests in, in case I suddenly go crazy. Which has been known, believe me (this soundtrack is one of the fruits of a few days' labor back in that period: - Game never got made but was useful for me to do, so feel free to listen and let me know what you think!)

Well, thank you very much! You know what, I will let you know once my setup is fixed and if I have some time where this would be possible. If you had any specific project in mind in August 2017 when you sent this, my guess is you may have moved on by now, but if you are still doing stuff and this would still be of interest, there's a good chance we might be able to set something up!

12. Hyreal

Hyreal Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No worries, I am currently not looking for commissions with music anymore but feel free to let me know, we'll see what happens. I do want to start another project at some point.