abowyer

Game Design Syndrome
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi,

I searched the forums to see if this occurred anywhere else, but I didn't see it anywhere.

I've been making an animation for a game that involves shooting a laser in the side-view battle system. As part of this, I've taken the Laser1 image and used it with a -102 rotation to look like a completely horizontal shot in the animation tab.

Whenever this animation is used on an enemy, it works perfectly. When I use it on an Actor, however, the actual laser beam part of it (patterns 1-5) comes out above the actor at an angle of approximately 45 degrees. It looks like the rotation aspect just seems to be off when used on an actor instead of an enemy, aside from when you use the base rotation of 0 degrees.

For what it's worth, I was able to get the horizontal laser beam like I wanted by rotating it to 100 degrees. Not sure if this is intentional or if there's something I've done wrong. Every other animation I've worked with so far has worked okay.

Has anyone else seen this? I managed to get mine working okay, but if it's a bug I worry about what else may be affected.

I've attached a test game that demonstrates the problem. Just go to a battle test and attack; I've changed the basic attack animation to be a laser, and the enemy in the battle will also attack.

Laser Bug Test.zip

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilitar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just got same problem with another animation On enemy it is horizontal, on actor same animation is vertical (so 90 degrees difference)

I used batch rotation option in editor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My spirit can be so easily wounded by most things that nobody thinks twice about. It may be not a big deal to you, but it means EVERYTHING to me!
I have to make a custom tree for my FSM game and I'm nervous I won't get it right.
Finally got the tablet picture! :LZSsmile:
Working hard on my Mode7 interiors in between calls at work!
A good idea rise a moment before falling asleep, and survive the second coffee the day next morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
34g3g34g