Lasers/Drawing a line from battler to monster?

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Is there any kind of plugin that would allow the possibility of making a colored line go from a player character to a monster in battle? Does any kind of tutorial dealing with drawing lines exist? Or what kind of stuff with javascript would I need to know to do that?
(I'm trying to get lasers similar to how they look when shot from the Obelisk of Light in Command & Conquer or the Lasguns in various Warhammer 40.000 games)

I'm working on a sci-fi rpg which is intended to have most characters use different types of laser rifles and pistols as weapons, but so far I don't know how to make them work visually. If everything fails, I probably could still have slow moving projectile lasers by using a plugin (though I haven't figured out yet whether that will work visually as intended either), but maybe someone here knows a way to get a laser animation for attacks to work?

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last edited:

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could potentially use action sequencing (Yanfly's action sequence packs) to move the attacker and target to specific points on the screen and create an animation that causes the laser to shoot from point A (the attacker) to point B (the target). You'd also probably want to hide the other battlers during the sequence to prevent them from getting in the way, visually.

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You could potentially use action sequencing (Yanfly's action sequence packs) to move the attacker and target to specific points on the screen and create an animation that causes the laser to shoot from point A (the attacker) to point B (the target). You'd also probably want to hide the other battlers during the sequence to prevent them from getting in the way, visually.

The issue with doing that kind of workaround is that lasers are the most basic type of weapons in my game; so giving them non-standard animations would be worse than making them shoot a moving projectile instead of a line.

I have no idea how to do it but this plugin does it so it should be possible.

Also if you want to do it with animations you can probably use
or
not sure if they would make a laser any good though.

I've already bought that addon a few days ago, though I have to figure it out yet how to use it properly. It might be possible to simulate a laser by using an animation of a point expanding into a short line and then back into a point and using a large amount of those after another at high speed, though I'm not exactly sure whether that would work in practice.

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, the only option I can find otherwise would be using the Action Sequence Impact plugin linked above.

Since animations are fixed in the system it's not possible to designate a start and end point for the core animation beyond it's position relative to the battler's head, feet, center or the screen center. You'd need a projectile system in order to create an image starting at the attacker and moving it to the target.

There's victor's throwable objects, but as far as I can tell that's limited to a single object per "throw" so I don't think it'll cover you (although if you were wanting to do discrete laser "bolts" it could work using the system it has for a bow and arrow).

The action sequence impact plugin offers the option to control multiple projectiles which should allow you (in theory, I don't have it myself) to create a "stream" of laser segments that move from the gun to the target, moving close enough together that they appear as a single beam.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Did anyone else get a 'sever error' a little while ago on fourms? because I did...
So... today was a friend birthday and she explicitly requested this little scene, otherwise she'll come to my house and shot me with a water gun.

Kinda late to the party but if you're trying to make a game with relatively large roster, my suggestion: be ready for a long, long ride yourself.
were the servers acting weird a few minutes ago for anyone else or was it just me?
I finished playing Shadows of Adam. With just the increased stat monsters and keeping gear from completing game, I didn't feel much motivation to play new game plus. I feel that there should be new content to discover if new game plus is part of a game, like Chrono Trigger's multiple endings, or the Diablo series' vast collection of loot and lore items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Van246