Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi,

I've used event battles for 95% of my battles so far, with no issues. All of a sudden, on my last few maps, my event battles aren't processing.
  • I've tried switching them to Player Touch vs. Event Touch; neither works.
  • I've tried copying and pasting event battles from other maps that I'm 100% sure have worked before (and have tested since to make sure) ... no luck.
  • There's no autorun event or anything preventing the player from moving. It's just not starting battles on contact. There isn't even any collision detection happening -- the player can walk right over the enemies, even though priority is set to Same as Characters.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate hearing them!

Sparky89

Is proberly eating one of evmaster's Brownie's.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I couldn't tell you ! i had something strange happen to me everything i did for 5 minutes did not save or stay as a permanent change then some file corrupted on me SHOCK HORROR i hit the RESET switch on my PC and all was well ! try resetting ur pc if thats not it then try a NEW map.. and test test test sometimes recreation a battle process from scratch can help. new event etc.rather then trying a broken one or on a broken map ? try and route out where the issue lies i would also retest older processes you are sure worked before. to see if it aint some other thing you've done thats conflicting them. like adding a plugin or something..
Sounds like a buggy map! but i would also check what else is on the map that may conflict with it. or if you can post your events images on here people may be able to spot what you haven't? perhaps.

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When I bring one of my perfecting functioning enemy event from an old map to one of my maps with the "broken" events, that enemy event starts acting weird too -- battles won't initiate, it passes right through the character despite the priority being correct and no "through" setting on, etc.

So I guess it's a map issue? But that doesn't make sense -- I've made them the same as all my others, and cloned the paralax map event to display the background. I'm totally lost. There are no other events that should be conflicting w/ my enemy events.

As I mentioned above, the enemy events still work fine on my older maps.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds like you have 'through' turned on for the player. No chance you're in a vehicle?

If you put the starting position on one of the 'trouble' maps, does the issue still happen?

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sounds like you have 'through' turned on for the player. No chance you're in a vehicle?

If you put the starting position on one of the 'trouble' maps, does the issue still happen?
Good thought, but I combed every event and couldn't find any loose ends with the "Through" command. The issue seems to be confined to two maps, regardless of the enemy.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to zip up your project and load it to dropbox and send me a link, I can take a peek at it and see if I can figure it out.

edit: okay, I got your project. Now which maps are we looking at?

Last edited:

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you want to zip up your project and load it to dropbox and send me a link, I can take a peek at it and see if I can figure it out.

edit: okay, I got your project. Now which maps are we looking at?
Woods 3, 5, and 6. Thanks again.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems to be related to the GabeMZ_RegionPlus plugin. If I turn that plugin off, and draw in a ground layer so the events can move, the battles start.

I also recall some issue with events not triggering when the frequency is set to the highest value, but changing just that and leaving the plugin enabled didn't make a great difference. Sometimes if I pressed space fast enough when the event was on the same tile as the player, it would trigger, but you shouldn't have to press space for an event touch trigger.

So I guess, what have you done differently on these few maps that you haven't done on the others where the battles work? Is that the other maps don't have events set to fast movement and highest frequency? Or are you not using that plugin on other maps? It could be a combination of plugins rather than just the one - maybe I could enable that one and turn off one of the others and it would also fix the problem. But I didn't have much time to test.

Last edited:

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Seems to be related to the GabeMZ_RegionPlus plugin. If I turn that plugin off, and draw in a ground layer so the events can move, the battles start.

I also recall some issue with events not triggering when the frequency is set to the highest value, but changing just that and leaving the plugin enabled didn't make a great difference. Sometimes if I pressed space fast enough when the event was on the same tile as the player, it would trigger, but you shouldn't have to press space for an event touch trigger.

So I guess, what have you done differently on these few maps that you haven't done on the others where the battles work? Is that the other maps don't have events set to fast movement and highest frequency? Or are you not using that plugin on other maps? It could be a combination of plugins rather than just the one - maybe I could enable that one and turn off one of the others and it would also fix the problem. But I didn't have much time to test.
Hmm, now that you mention it, it looks like I used Region Plus on those buggy maps because:
  1. They were parallax images, and that was how I was delineating passable and nonpassable tiles for players and events.
  2. Using Hudell's editor that allows you to edit while playtesting, I wasn't able to view the parallax image without it obstructing any bottom layer I created. In other words, I didn't know where to lay down tiles, so I used the region thing instead.
  3. I was pingponging between solutions in the early going because I'm new and clueless haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_ZZ