RMMV Last Standing (Resident Evil meets Pac-man in an arcade game)

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys. Recently I started to develop a mini-game called Last Standing. It's a retro arcade game similar to Pac-man, with a twist of having to fight (or avoid) zombies.

Here's a small preview of what I have so far:

Originally it was intended to just be a short fun bonus thing for the player, but I'm wondering would this be a fun idea to develop as its own standalone game with more mechanics such as:

-Finding and rescuing survivors
-Multiple guns and items to use to fight zombies
-Puzzles to solve on levels
-Limited inventory to carefully manage

What do you think? Would you play a full game like this?

RedLily1104

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The new game Dark Deception is doing something similar. You might wanna try looking at it and see what they're doing. That said, this shows lots of promise.

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The new game Dark Deception is doing something similar. You might wanna try looking at it and see what they're doing. That said, this shows lots of promise.

Ah yes, I've seen that game.Thanks! I think the most difficult part will be getting the action battle system together.

Lemonrice

Mother tuna
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like the idea and the video looks already good. I'd be really interested to see the idea fleshed out and turned into a demo.

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really like the idea and the video looks already good. I'd be really interested to see the idea fleshed out and turned into a demo.

Thanks I am working on a demo now. Hope to have something more to show very soon.
If anyone has any interesting ideas or suggestions I would be happy to consider them!

Skidoosh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking forward to a demo to try it out! I'm assuming that the power pellets in pac man will be bullets for the gun to take out the zombies for a limited time?

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looking forward to a demo to try it out! I'm assuming that the power pellets in pac man will be bullets for the gun to take out the zombies for a limited time?

I'm thinking of multiple types of power-ups, like one to move faster for a limited time, one for stronger bullets, etc.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBard