Darkskull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hiya guys! Having a strange layering issue.

In editor, this section of level looks like this:
TKNjttP.png

However, in-game, it looks like this:
VkSXcEu.jpg

I realize that this issue may be tileset related, so here's some pictures of that:
8Lbq2Qo.png
UkTipgR.png

Any assistance is welcomed! Thank you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. In MV you have two upper layers. A tile with a star passage setting is shown in front of a star without it when you play the game. But in the editor, they're shown in the order in which you draw them.

So even though you draw the treetop below the treehouse, because the treetop tiles have star passage setting, they will appear on top when you play the game.

You could either set the tree tops to be X, which means you would not be able to walk behind them when they're placed on their own, or set the treehouse tiles to star, which might make it look weird when the player climbs up (their head will be cut off). The other option is to draw up a new set of tiles with the treetop and treehouse combined, and set the passage on the entire thing the way you want it to be.

Darkskull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That worked great! Simple fix, thank you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The most obvious answer, which only occurred to me, is to use the top left B tile to erase the treehouse (which will also erase the tree behind it), and then just draw the treehouse again.

Glad you got it sorted though.

If your question is answered, just report your first post (if you haven't already done so) and let the mods know, and they'll lock the thread for you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is RPG Maker VX (rgss2) still relevant? xD
ZyCHqk2.png

Something about top-downs.
I have never felt so attacked by a tree before :LZSlol: it took 10++ hours to make but at least it looks pretty LOL

Untitled-1.png
now seems like the worst time for me to need a better computer with how much stuff is costing. that and I don't thing there's much else I can do to make MV run any better with what I have.
Sigh... to have some variety in this weather. More than just sun and rain and wind and thunder.
In the meantime, I've discovered that I'm slowly becoming fatigued from the many sleepless nights my neighbors cause. Or at least their dogs. Always barking at something.
I might need a day to just sleep and recharge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucifersatan2